Moss Meadow School

Private | K-12

Student diversity

Living in Chesapeake

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $217,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Sweep tile

Posted September 20, 2004

I have looked into this school at the adress and found no school, I did find a small 4 bedroom house which seems to be empty. It is poorly maintained along with the yards uncut grass. During my many visits I found the grounds to be unsuitable due to the standing water. If this is a so called school I did not see any teaching. I stopped by the neighbors to ask some questions to find myself interrupting the neighborhoods weekly target shooting practice, hunting season will be open soon and the land around there is open to it. I found the road to be unsafe, I took the advise of one review to look at the web site, I was shocked to the material I saw in the web site and or linked to the site. In conclusion this is not somewhere I would want myself or my child affiliated.

Posted September 3, 2004

I also have done extensive reserch on the Moss Meadow School and fine this is not the best location for the school. The deer hunters alone cause me great fear for my child. They hunt less than 300 feet away from the school grounds and to hold outdoor classes just makes no scence. When we went by the property the neighbor had a small deer hanging from its rear legs and he was gutting and skinning the animal in his front yard. We also notice other neighbors target shooting in their backyards. This is a part of the Great Dissmal Swamp, so the mosquito and snake problem is obvious.

Posted July 22, 2004

Moss Meadow is the school of choice for my kids because I am able to choose my children's curricula and be in control of their learning process. It provides a unique learning environment and allows my kids to learn at their own pace and in their own unique way. My daughter is extremely bright. In a conventional school, she would get bored and bitter and her educatation would suffer. Here, she is able to pursue her own interests and move forward whenever she is ready. It's the only choice for me, other than homeschooling.

Posted July 22, 2004

Never in my life have I seen surroundings so totally conducive to hands-on learning. I know my children will be absolutely engrossed in and responsive to the amazing environment that they are free to explore. I am thrilled to have finally found a school, with such warmth, that is genuinely family and child-centered. My only question is . How do I convince them to get into the car to go back home at the end of each day? We are honored to be a part of the Moss Meadow community, and lucky that we got to sign a contract before the inevitable waiting list begins! The website tells it all! mossmeadowschool.com

2033 Shillelagh Road