Posted October 12, 2013
I love this school! The one comment about other than black children having problem adapting really bothers me. My children are white and they have never been treated different. In my opinion the school is very cultural. There is a lot of all races that go there and that is how I prefer it. It is also an extremely safe school. So much that most of the staff know me by name and they still require me to show my ID to pick up my kids. The principal Dr. Cooper-Collins is AMAZING! I absolutely couldn't think of a better principal and my daughter can't leave the school without getting hugs from almost every staff member she passes :)

Posted September 10, 2013
the staff is very friendly, they make you feel comfortable.. they are always doing stuff for the kids on weekends..I am very proud my daughter attends here.

Posted June 11, 2013
I am Linda V. Williams and my dog s name is Princess Williams. We are new volunteers at Camelot Elementary School s (CES) reading program. Princess is a therapy dog and she is a member of Therapy Dog International, Inc. (TDI).Princess and I visit the school every Monday in hopes of brightening someone s day and to help enhance some students reading skills. The principal, Dr. Karen Cooper-Collins, her staff, and students always welcome Princess and me with a smile and warm welcome .Many of the students, grades 1 through 5, read exceptionally well and are always willing to give their best effort while reading to Princess. In order for the students to pat/receive kisses from Princess they have to read to her-Princess makes reading possible! Princess and I are proud to be members of TDI and to volunteer for Camelot Elementary school. Princess and I thank you Dr. Cooper-Collins for allowing us to be a part of this great school. You provide excellent programs, and overall the students at CES, Chesapeake, Virginia display good character and disposition and are eager to learn. I look forward to the Paw Reading Program (this is my special title) next school year

Posted March 19, 2007
- a former student

Posted September 26, 2006
My child just enrolled into Camelot and so far our experience there has been nothing but positive. My child is in the 5th grade and I have been impressed with the level of professionalism and expectation of academic success from his teachers, Mr. Kotchik and Ms. Valentine. I am looking forward to a great year at Camelot!

Posted September 19, 2006
Camelot has been a great school so far for my son. Whenever we've had a problem, the teacher would take care of it. We never had to go as far as the principle to get it taken care of. Everyone is very involved in the children. The children come first to Camelot. My son came from Portlock, and has been at Camelot for four years now. He loves it! Dr Johnson is awesome! The teachers he has had and has now are all awesome. I was scared at first when my son was enrolled at Camelot because I had heard that it was in a bad location and I really didn't know if my son would get the education that he needed. Boy was I wrong, beyond my expectations. Way to go Camelot Elementary School/Chesapeake Ms Sawyer loves you!

Posted March 31, 2006
- a former student
Camelot is a great school!Their academic programs are designed to help each and every child achieve success.The teacher are very passoniate and love what they do. As a previous student I will always remenber the extra time and attention when ever I had a problem, question or concerns. Overall Camelot was a wonderful experience and was truely a rewarding experience.

Camelot Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2005
As with all schools, there are problems, but it is overall a good school. Since most of the children are minority, other kids do have issues, there is a lot of teasing and the school does not handle it like it should. On the other hand, my son learned how to read and accelerated to the top of his class in first grade! They encourage parent involvement, but some parents just don't care and this shows in some of the children. It is truly the teachers and staff that make Camelot a good school!

Camelot Elementary School 1

Posted August 06, 2005

Posted September 14, 2004
Camelot Elementary is a wonderful school there is an atmosphere of excellence and learning. This school is multi-cultural and multi-ethnic and does a great job with every child. The teachers are very helpful and kind. The principal is at the top of her class when it comes to excellence. She sets the school standards very high and the students reach them every time. This school is fully accredited. The school is a wonderful part of our community and we are proud to have such an extraordinary group of people working with our children. I enjoy sending my children to school every morning, knowing they are in loving and caring hands. Camelot Elementary is superb!

Camelot Elementary School
2901 Guenevere Dr, Chesapeake, VA  23323
Last modified Camelot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Camelot Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top