Posted November 19, 2014
Atlantic Shores is one of a kind. My 3 children have blossomed and grown academically, spiritually and emotionally from their time at Atlantic Shores. As a parent, I know that every day my children are being loved and taught from a Biblical perspective. They are exposed to multiple opportunities daily to learn in Specialty classes from experienced educators. Every teacher invests in the lives of my children and the joy of the Lord fills the school. Atlantic Shores values excellent education, Christ centered learning and family relationships. They are excellent communicators and value parental participation. I am blessed to be secure in the fact that my children are gaining more than an education, they are growing in character. Atlantic Shores is an amazing school.

Posted November 19, 2014
I have four children that span in ages with two who have completed college and two in middle school. Atlantic Shores has done an amazing job with partnering with us as parents with the goal to build Christian character and providing an environment for our children to thrive academically to their fullest potential. The teachers sincerely care about each of our children's success. It says a lot when our kids love coming to school each day. Teachers and Administration are always available and open to discuss questions and concerns. We are super blessed to have a local school that strives for excellence in every way. You cannot find a better, more well rounded CHRISTIAN school in the Tidewater area.

Posted November 06, 2014
We put our three younger kids at Shores this year and have been so thrilled. We have been to different private schools, public school and even home schooled. This is our "home" and the kids are very happy and thriving. What we appreciate the most about Atlantic Shores is the leadership. We have experienced a humility, vision and strength in the leadership that is not seen at all Christian schools. It is a truly positive learning environment where the teachers and staff genuinely care about all the kids. There is strong discipline without the legalism. The academics are challenging, and the school accommodates different levels of learning. For example, our kids are able to take duel enrollment college courses while at Shores. We are also very happy with the proactive college planning that Shores does. They have great athletics too. Two of our kids are in varsity sports and have really enjoyed it, done well and most importantly continued to grow in their Christian character. We would highly recommend Atlantic Shores.

Atlantic Shores Christian School 2

Posted August 31, 2014
Atlantic Shores Christian's elementary provides a loving Christian environment that will help your child develop a solid Christian foundation. We were very happy in grades 4-6. Once our child transferred to the secondary campus it was a different experience. The behavioral problems which surface with "preteens" and "teens" are not dealt with appropriately. Discipline is far too lenient. The school is expanding so the need to keep enrollment high is probably will not serve families well. The school is not highly selective in the admissions process; if you can afford the extremely affordable tuition, and the child has no documented severe behavioral or criminial behavior in their background, you're in. At the high school level the academic rigor will not prepare most kids for top tier colleges, but is a more a prep school for Liberty University. We had planned to transition into public schools after the 8th grade, but with all of the factors above including a very bad experience my daughter had where discipline was not administered appropriately, we made the transition after 7th grade. In math and science, the curriculum is quite a bit behind the public schools of chesapeake.

Atlantic Shores Christian School 3

Posted August 26, 2014
My daughter attended this school last year and we liked the school. There are a few cons I would say about this school though. The tuition is extremely high and when you apply for financial aid, they barely give you enough off to even consider it financial aid. Also they are constantly charging you for stuff. They took pictures several times, created crafts and did other activities and for all the money we paid in tuition I didn't realize we'd be spending a whole lot more throughout the school year. The worst was the Kindergarten graduation, they sent an email saying you could pay $300 to reserve the front row. They are money hungry at this school for sure. The class sizes are pretty big, there were 22 children in my daughters class so I didn't feel like my daughter got the attention she would get if she went to a private school with smaller classes. Lastly, they are teaching common core math which is what public schools are learning and I think that curriculum is horrible. I felt that for all the money we paid in tuition, the curriculum would be different. Overall, if you have money to spend and can afford it, this is a good school.

Posted February 17, 2014
Great school! Faculty and Administration are warm and inviting. We love the dual enrollment option for our children. Each of our kids have been a part of the fine arts program and love it! Athletically, our student-athletes are challenged and cared for. Couldn't ask for more!

Posted July 20, 2013
The administration and office staff are organized, accessible, and encouraging to both parents and students. The administrator, Gary Carlson, is a visionary who has cast a multi-year plan, including acquiring additional land, and expansion of school and athletic facilities. The Dual Enrollment and Advanced Placement classes are wonderful under the guidance of Dr. Lyons. Our student now has college credit, while in high school and the GPA advantage to attend the college of choice. The academic faculty, for the most part, communicate class objectives clearly and are accessible to both parents and students.

Posted June 06, 2013
No school is perfect, but Shores is pretty close. Teachers who love and care for their students. They are willing to go the extra mile to help their students especially teachers at the middle and high school. I have been associated with this school for many, many years and it keeps getting better. You want your children to get a quality education, send them to Atlantic Shores Christian!

Posted June 03, 2013
I have one child graduating this year, and one promoting to the secondary campus as a 7th grader. This is the only school my two have ever known. The teachers have given them not only a great academic foundation but an amazingly strong spiritual one as well. My oldest will go off to college in the fall, and I am positive Atlantic Shores has prepared him in all aspects, not only to succeed in the classroom but also stand on the christian principles that we, along with the Shores' staff and faculty have taught him. I look forward to see what God has in store for ASCS in the future, and so blessed that my youngest will continue to develop the same qualities as his big brother.

Posted June 03, 2013
Are you looking for an excellent Christian school? YOU WILL FIND THAT and SO MUCH MORE at Atlantic Shores Christian! The academics are challenging, preparing your student for the rigors of college course work. The athletics department molds children with Christian principles, while creating opportunities for them to shine. Coaches emphasize their strengths and push them to success both on and off the playing field. My student's friends encourage her through prayer and time together in the word, prompted further by the great spiritual team of leaders (teachers and chaplains) that are working together to bring the kids closer to the Lord. The students enjoy missions work, planning trips and activities for Community Service, and they have great Chapel services with a worship band and praise team. Our daughter enjoys Atlantic Shores because of who they expect her to be, she has risen to the challenge. It has been a great fit for our family.

Atlantic Shores Christian School
1217 Centerville Turnpike North, Chesapeake, VA  23320
Last modified Atlantic Shores Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Atlantic Shores Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top