Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

All the Staff seem to be helpful and really get to know the children. This is my son's first year attending this school, we relocated here from another state. And he has adjusted well. Like the activities they do for the children and their families.

Teachers and staff are awful. My son didnt even exist tonthem last year because they were too busy helping the lesser kids in class. My son was constantly picked on and because of the faculties reluctance to help him my husband and i broke our lease. He starts this fall at greenbriar primary and we are happy that we can send him to a school that wants to be apart of his educational and emotional growth

My son has attended K, 1st, and is about to start 2nd grade at Treakle. I have nothing but positive things to say about the school and the staff! His teachers have been amazing and the administration has always been helpful. The class sizes are relatively small compared to other CPS schools, which is great. The small class sizes allow time for more "individualized" lessons (ie, spelling, math, etc). I would encourage anyone to put their kids in this school, it has been a wonderful experience for our family.

this school has a poor administration, I hope to move out of the district before my baby gets old enough to attend it.

Once upon a time I felt Treakle was an excellent place to send my children to. That is no longer the case. I am disappointed with the current administration and the way things are being handled in the school. They have become malicious towards one another and the teachers are even talking about the administration in front of the parents. My experience with the school at this point has left me considering other options for my kids. I don't feel comfortable sending my children to this school.

The entire staff of Treakle have been very helpful and supportive in my efforts to foster several children in my home. Each teacher that my children have had have always gone the extra mile to help in every way possible with the children. The children at Treakle are blessed with a caring staff.

My daughter is a 2nd grade student at G.A. Treakle and she has attended since Kindergarten. She excels in reading and her enthusiasm about school is very rewarding. I am pleased with her progress thus far and look forward to another successful school year.

I am a grandparent of a student at G. A. Treakle. She went there for kindergarden and is in the 1st grade this year. She had some issues last year so hopefully they will be resolved this year. So far so good!

My child will be in 3rd grade in the fall & has attended there since kindergarten. I went there for 5th & 6th coming from a private school. I was not impressed then & am not now. I have a baby now & am very worried how the school will be in five years.

Last modified G.A. Treakle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.