Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Georgetown Primary School 4

Posted March 20, 2016
My son has gone to Georgetown primary for kindergarten and now he is in first grade. Both his teachers Mrs Pope and Mrs. Sykes have been very understanding and helpful for his education. He is excelling in school and is very happy. I go to lunch with him periodically, and all the kids are very respectful and nice. I could not be happier with the school.

Georgetown Primary School 1

Posted October 14, 2014
Very disorganized and unprofessional. I have found the staff to be rude and not understanding of my child.

Georgetown Primary School 1

Posted October 14, 2014
Not impressed. So rude and unprofessinal. Ill prepared for meetings and not understanding regarding custody situations.

Georgetown Primary School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
My grandson has been going to this school for 3 years & he loves it... I love it because it has a great educational program, we both love the teachers there & the school spirit that the teacher, children & parents have... My grandson is looking forward to 3rd grade next year...

Georgetown Primary School 4

Posted September 30, 2013
Moved in the area in August and love it. The kids go to school to GeorgeTown ,the teachers and stuff are great ,the school is clean and well organized. Laura D.

Georgetown Primary School 5

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter is starting kindergarten here this year and I could not be happier. I took her in for her assessment and was able to meet one of the kindergarten teachers who was automatically bonding with my child. That is exactly the kind of thing you want to see when putting them into a new place where you don't have much control of their day. The teacher also noted that there is also an Aid in each classroom so I'm glad to hear that there will be a little more teacher/child ratio. If needed, I will update this review, but I have a feeling this is the perfect school for us as I did PLENTY of research and even bought a house in this area just to get into this school.

Posted April 30, 2010
The staff and Teachers are wonderful, security is very dependable. I feel my son is very safe going to this school.

Posted April 29, 2010
I went to Georgetown and my daughter now attends there. The teachers are excellent and genuine. They are willing to go the extra mile to ensure your child has a wonderful education, and do speak to the parents, whether there is an issue or not. I love this school and could not ask for a better environment for my child to attend every day!

Posted April 27, 2010
I have worked for the Chesapeake Public School system for 17 years. Fifteen of these years have been at Georgetown Primary. I love Georgetown Primary because of the wonderful empathy that is shown whenever one of GTP's staff and/or family member is in need of support due to an illness, loss of a loved one, a sudden catastrophically disaster (local, in-state, outer state, across the country), the Georgetown family is more than willing to help and give their best to support people in need. Contributions towards a charitable cause is equally supported. Teaching is one of my passions. I am highly blessed to work at Georgetown and plant seeds of knowledge. I am grateful to have so many caring teachers that go beyond the call of academic tutoring and into the classroom of the heart. None of us are perfect, so you want find a perfect school, but here at Georgetown, there is a spirit of excellence in promoting the BEST education and resources to our 'Little Braves' one student at a time. United We Stand, Together WE CAN!

Posted April 26, 2010
Georgetown is the largest Title I school in Chesapeake Public Schools. We service children PK-3...regular ed and special ed...and we are fully accredited!

436 Providence Rd, Chesapeake, VA  23325
Last modified Georgetown Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.