Posted November 12, 2013
Hickory Middle School's teachers and staff are wonderful. My daughter has been in honor classes 3 years now and she has had the best experience with these great teachers than any other school she has attended. As she leaves HMS, my son will start at HMS and I have no doubt he will also have 3 great years with the excellent staff provided.

Hickory Middle School 1

Posted July 27, 2013
My daughter was a student here 2012-13 school year. I feel the school lacks responsibility and does not protect its students. My daughter has special needs and her disabilities were not addressed my the staff. Her 504 was rarely followed and the harassment and bullying was so severe that she spent more time out of class than in class. My daughter has trouble communicating on top of other physcial and learning issues and the teachers had no problem accepting blank papers and giving 0`s. How can i send her there again when she is just another # and her best interests are not even looked at?

Posted May 28, 2013
We just finished 7th and 8th grade and this school was great! Our daughter was inspired and motivated to reach her full potential academically with the exception of one teacher who I think was encouraged to "retire". Everyone else was amazing. They are completely successful at making sure a quiet student isn't lost in a big school atmosphere. The way they set up their teams really helps. Of course, their band program has nationwide recognition. They also don't seem to have any bullying or big discipline issues. We are thrilled!

Hickory Middle School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
My son 1st year (6 grade) at Hickory Middle. He has a specific learning disability (dyslexic). Hickory's Middle School Asst. Principal - Mrs. Nancy Parke has been extremely supportive and believe she matched my son with the best group of 6th teachers for our son. My son's teachers are completetly understanding and truly looking out for him and helping him with his studies.

Hickory Middle School 2

Posted April 02, 2009

Posted March 04, 2009

Hickory Middle School 0

Posted June 12, 2008
This is our first year at HMS, it has been a great school. I have been pleased with the teacher's and coaches at this school. My child spoke favorably of other faculty members that were not a part of the child s curriculum. I would suggest this school to other parents and not to be afraid to meet and greet the faculty and voice any concerns. The faculty I found was open minded and address any of my concerns.

Hickory Middle School
1997 Hawk Blvd, Chesapeake, VA  23322
Last modified Hickory Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hickory Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top