Chesapeake, VA

Norfolk Highlands Primary School 1

Posted November 20, 2014
MUST READ! I'll make this short and sweet. I've had nothing but trouble with this school. Everytime a parent wants to speak to the ascendant priciple the so called dr. Is always in a meeting. Yeah well that's not true because she went running by me while I was signing in just to pretend she was In her office. She didn't know I saw her. She ended up walking up from behind me 30 seconds later. Be honest that what we need. Attention parents watch out for your child being tardy and some one signing off on it. Note. My name was forged and they said my child was tardy. My child was not tarty and we the parents didnt sign anything. To make it worse they wont show you you signature because there said there are other names on it. Really?! Grow up. Ive had one more instance where they lied to me and other parents. We really need change. Someone should investigate this school and make it right. I urge the other parents to post there troubles on here or somewhere online also so others that dont know will know. I know I will share my experiences. So far all negative. Good day.

Norfolk Highlands Primary School 2

Posted October 08, 2014
Norfolk Highlands Primary is the most disorganized school. They switched my sons teacher and did not tell me. They lost his school pictures and acted like it was nothing and they told me I had to find out where they were. His jacket got misplaced I don't know how many times in both kindergarten and first grade. His pants got ripped they don't how it happend. He got hit in the face and they don't how that happened. He also had a special education teacher that was in his class to help him and other students. She left and now they have substitute teacher and they did not notify the parents about this change. When he started kindergarten they did not send us anything to let us know when there would be orientation. So we missed that. This year they sent us a letter stating he was starting kindergarten, but he was starting first. The principal needs to take a class on how to relate to children with austism because she just does not get it.

Norfolk Highlands Primary School 4

Posted August 14, 2013
Aside from an issue with the previous principal and gifted teacher, I would have to say the years my children have been at this school have been good. I have found that many of the other parents can be a bit exclusionary though. This will be the 5th year for me as an NHP parent, Mrs. Beasley as principal left quite a bit to be desired, especially following after Dr. Hutchens, who was well loved. I have high hopes for the new principal, Mrs. Smiley. We've been quite pleased with just about every member of staff we have encountered at this school, and some can be overlooked (like the horrible woman in the lobby).

Posted April 19, 2011
Great Teachers and really care. My daughter loves it and I do also. The staff knows me by name and are great with the kids.

Posted May 11, 2010
Great School. If all schools could be this helpful, this caring, and this intelligent about their educational programs, this country would be so much better off.

Norfolk Highlands Primary School 3

Posted February 08, 2010

Norfolk Highlands Primary School 0

Posted December 08, 2009
Our family has been associated with Norfolk Highlands for 7 years. We have had three boys go through NHS and have 1st grader this year. Office staff truly cares about the students. The teachers sincerly desire for the students to succeed and become good citizens. The PTA is small but active. The one thing I am disappointed in is the level of involement from parents and it only gets worst the older the kids get. Great job Dr. Hutchens and staff. Wish I had a few more boys to start at Norfolk Highlands; we will have to wait for my Granddkids!!

Norfolk Highlands Primary School 1

Posted July 22, 2009
Norfolk Highlands has always been a good small town school. The atmosphere has changed so much that I could not wait to get my son out of there. I would not send any child I care about to Norfolk Highlands.

Posted May 13, 2009
my son dalton filmer started hos kindergarden here and he had a very enjoble time with this school ..they are very well mannerd and polite scjool i have seen thus far..i as a parent have had a pleaure being involved with the school funtions and pta ..thank you N H P for the great care and learning you and staff have givin my son hope that he is in the 1st grade as well ,,sincerly your flora

Norfolk Highlands Primary School 4

Posted April 29, 2009
I have been especially pleased with NHPS as a parent that only placed my children in Parochial Schools for better education. Norfolk Highlands exceeded my expectations and the only drawback preventing this school from being rated as a 10 is that no foreign language is offered to students. I highly recommend this school and the staff and principal are outstanding mentors.

Norfolk Highlands Primary School
1115 Myrtle Ave, Chesapeake, VA  23325
Last modified Norfolk Highlands Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norfolk Highlands Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top