Chesapeake, VA

Posted October 30, 2014
I've really enjoyed sending both my sons to this school! The school is new with technology, the floor plan makes sense so students and staff can conduct scholarly business. The staff is fantastic, your childs' teachers stay in contact with each other to help improve their learning. I wish my boys enjoyed gym time more oftened, however the staff really limits what they do with activitys. If I could change one thing, it would be the school lunches they are not very healthy or tasty. Overall your child will excell in their learning.

Posted July 04, 2013
This school is good for your child to go to. I just pass to the 9th grade. The teachers in this school provide you with help when you need it . There are a lot of activities you can join . The teachers there are so nice you aren't gonna want to go home . If I have to pick a school it will be this one.

Oscar Smith Middle School 3

Posted April 09, 2013
The school is new and the equipment is really great. The teachers and staff are all really supportive if you remain in contact with them. Biggest problem with this school is the students and their parents. Lots of students from rougher areas are brought into this school. That combined with their already difficult age make bullying and some crime out of control here. As the neighborhood continues to improve these things have gotten better but its a very slow process.

Posted June 24, 2011
I can say the teachers really do what they are trained to do my child had failing grades when she first came to this school and after finding the right mix of teachers she is now enjoying school and is an honor roll student

Posted July 18, 2010
I used to attend there but now I am a rising sophmore. I loved it!! I took advanced classes so I had some of the best teachers ever! They were all great

Posted July 17, 2009
I love the school. The teachers and staff really care about the students as well as the parents. There is alot fo communication between parent, staff, and teachers which makes it easier to make sure that your child is getting a quailty education. Since my child has been at this school she has really learned a lot. She is in the AVID program as well as the honors program. She plays the violin, viola, bass, and other instruments and all of this is possible because the teachers and stff work well ith the parents. Some of the students are a little energetic but that is not the schools or teachers fault. They do an excellent job.

Oscar Smith Middle School

Posted September 29, 2008
I feel Oscar F. Smith Middle is a school that is overwhelmed with classes that are too large. The schools seem to be losing more control every day. I get a upset when I see what goes on, and what the students do and say in the hallways.

Oscar Smith Middle School 4

Posted July 23, 2008
I currently go to this school . and i love it. i love the teachers and there are alot of sports and clubs. people think of oscar smith and think of fighst but its not that bad. the only thing it needs to be updated and it is now.

Posted November 06, 2005
I love this school! This school has great teaching and great students. I love the fact they give everyone such a good opertunity for music sports and clubs.

Oscar Smith Middle School 4

Posted May 15, 2004
This school is a good school I loved attending it. One problem I have with this school is overcrowding. The school has over 30 portable classrooms and some children have to eat lunch in a portable classroom because the cafeteria isn't big enough. Another concern is about all of the fights and food fights that go on. But overall the curriculum is good and the chorus and step team sound great!

Oscar Smith Middle School
2500 Rodgers St, Chesapeake, VA  23324
Last modified Oscar Smith Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oscar Smith Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top