Western Branch Middle School 2

Posted June 19, 2014
The school can improve it's dress code, we can't wear things that show our shoulders which sucks! When it's very hot were gonna sweat and what girl wants pit stains >.< ew! Another thing is the teachers all seem like their just there to get paid so that shows the students to just be there to pass. The students just think that they can get at least a "C" for each class and be done with it, and sadly that's true. The next thing is the discrimination. A lot of white girls wear things way above 3'in from their knee and don't get in trouble. Then at P.E there is a group of popular white people that NEVER dress out but still get "A"s. I have a "B-" and have not dressed out like 3 times and I am great at health. So obviously there is favoritism at Western Branch Middle School. I am not racist, I don't hate on white people. I actually am white. Lastly I don't like how the staff shows students that what they wear is more important than their learning; say they will keep you in the office waiting for your parents that are at WORK when your shoulders are showing when you can be in english. Also they are teaching that boys will be boys and your back will distract them from their school work!

Posted November 15, 2012
I have 2 kids currently enrolled, they are not the best students academically but the staff and teachers are definitely doing a great job along with my family at homes assistance. I love the WB schools, I wouldn't want them to go anywhere else!!!

Western Branch Middle School 1

Posted June 10, 2010
Hello again.I am the angry parent who had the issue with the principle at Western Branch Middle School about my daughter's school pictures and still have an issue bcuz i still have not received them back yet. Anyway, when my daughter got to school this morning she immediently called me from the office claiming she wanted to come home bcuz her principle was being mean to her. I told her no stay ther if she has anymore problems to call me. now mind you I had to stop myself from going up there bcuz I am angry. But going back to what I said yesternday, as school staff/adult yes I understand the principle being upset with me bcuz we had a heated diccusion yesternday about my daughters school pictures, but to show that ANGER towards my child/student. YOU CANNOT B SERIOUS. Im thinking about going to the school board A.S.A.P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted May 21, 2010
When a military move forced us to decide where in the Hampton Roads area to live, we decided upon Western Branch because of the schools. But, then we still had to decide which middle school in the district was right for our daughter. We visited both schools, but after meeting with teachers and staff, we decided WBMS was right. The building was OLD, but the teachers were wonderful. Our daughter became involved and made great grades and great friends. She followed her siblings footsteps into WBHS and then received a college scholarship. She is now a Junior at UNF in Jacksonville, Florida!

Posted November 22, 2009

Western Branch Middle School 4

Posted August 28, 2009
I attend WBMS im a *th grader for the 2009 2010 year i been goin there since 6th grade. The Band program to me its alwsome if you follow the rules and practice regualarly you'll be fine. Its a wonderful school you make a lot of friends, have okay food, and its just a enjoyable school. One thing i dont like are their sports some of the uniforms are awful!!!!(girls B-ball to be exact).............otherwise its a great school to attend

Posted July 29, 2009
I was in the 8th grade class of 09 and i felt that the school was pretty average. The honors program and foreign language was excellent but i found that the band program was awful, I ended up dropping out. The 8th grade hallways will leak when it is raining and occasionally there is an odd smell in the air. I never saw the janitors, but they did keep the building pretty clean. From what others have told me the disciplinary program is excellent. The only thing that i found very disappointing was that there was no 8th grade graduation and that only one team from each grade level was allowed to go on field trips. My team was always told that there wasn't enough money to pay for field trips, yet one of the other teams went on at least six trips, to say the least it was rude.

Posted March 10, 2009

Western Branch Middle School 0

Posted February 02, 2009
I attended this school my 7th and 8th grade years and it is wonderful. There is absolutely no bullying. There are teachers, principals, and security guards everywhere which controls poor behavior and bullying. I can't believe someone would actually say 'mixed races'. It's people that say those types of phrases that make this country racist. When I was at WBMS just last year very few, if any, discriminated. Our generation does not care about color or characteristics. The custodians do a fantastic job cleaning the building. When the students walk in the door it is spotless. We should appreciate what we do have instead of what we don't!!!

Posted March 05, 2008
Yes it's an old school, get over it! And what's this about mixed races?? Sounds like the school isn't the only thing from the 60s. As for this too crowded thing, I went to WBMS before there was Jolliff, we had over 30 mobiles so I know about overcrowding. No one after 2002 can complain about that.

Western Branch Middle School
4201 Hawksley Dr, Chesapeake, VA  23321
Last modified Western Branch Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western Branch Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.