Chesapeake, VA

Butts Road Intermediate School 4

Posted October 24, 2014
the name is weird but the school is great see what i did there yeah yeah!

Butts Road Intermediate School 2

Posted August 23, 2014
I'm very disappointed by this school. We came from Virginia Beach, and the ratings gave me hope. My fourth grader came home upset as the fourth grade here hadn't even learned about polygons yet. She learned about them at the beginning of 4th grade in VA Beach, and here was told that was a 5th grade subject. Same with many other things she'd already learned about. I moved to give my kids a better education, and BRI is making me feel like I just pulled my kids back a year. I should add my daughter was not in the gifted class at her old school, so this is regular education in VA Beach compared to Chesapeake schools. Soon as our lease is up, we're moving back to VA Beach and I can only hope not too much damage is done by being at this school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 05, 2012
We just moved here this year from Georgia. I came very reluctantly as I did not think we could find a school that could come close to matching our Georgia school. The jury is still out but I think BRI could be very, very close. I love the Full Time GIfted Program! The teachers are great, they communicate well and they really work with the students. GO BRI. I'm glad we made the move!

Posted January 30, 2012
We couldn't ask for a better school for our children. They are getting a private school education at a public school. The entire staff is amazing. The teachers are the BEST! My children thrive at BRI. I'm so happy our realtor strongly suggested the Hickory area for these schools. We stretched our budget to live in this very nice area but it is a decision we will not regret.

Butts Road Intermediate School

Posted April 24, 2010
My Grandson attends; the teachers & staff are a great asset

Posted March 29, 2010
I am so happy with this school, my middle daughter goes to this school . shehas a wonderful and 'caring' teacher.The best move we've made.

Posted March 09, 2010
BRI is a great school. We have been so pleased with our experience. Our oldest son is at the middle school this year and was completely prepared and doing great. Our youngest son continues to thrive at BRI. The principal, teachers, parents, and all staff at the school really want the kids to succeed and do all they can to help.

Posted December 05, 2008
Awesome school! Great Teachers! Great kids - involved parents! Well worth the money to move to this expensive area for my kids!! There is a 'Hometown Feeling' here with families you see over and over again. The school and area makes you feel a part of a wonderful community. Best decision we ever made!!

Posted May 26, 2008
This is the best school that our kids have ever been in. The staff is excellent! The principal is very active with the children on a daily basis. You will see her every morning greeting children as they walk through the front door. She is very aproachable for parents. The technology here is great. Most classrooms have smartboards. There are always activities for children to get involved in . The teachers are the best we have ever had. Best School Ever! Extremely Positive Enviroment for everyone! We chose to move in this very expensive area for the schools...best investment we ever made!!!!!!

Posted January 17, 2006
Wow, what an amazing place! I've never seen technology like this in an elementary school, nor have I ever seen such fine, well-trained teachers (and we're military so we've seen alot of schools!)Teacher turnover is practically nonexistent, and the teachers are uniformly excellent! Before we moved here, I was nervous about having my children attend such a large school -- but the friendly, outgoing PTA; the wonderful monthly programs at the school and the numerous opportunities for parental involvement have made it easy to get involved! My whole extended family has been amazed at my children's response when they ask them 'Do you like school?' The kids talk about the Accelerated Reader program, the special events in gym class and all the fun they're having! School was never like this before! (And by the way, the academics are excellent and they're all being challenged!)

Butts Road Intermediate School
1571 Mt Pleasant Rd, Chesapeake, VA  23322
Last modified Butts Road Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Butts Road Intermediate School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top