Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Supports LD students: Neutral

I don't know enough to comment on this topic.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have been so very pleased and impressed.

Amount of homework: Agree

It is not more than my child can handle but appropriately supports what is needed to help in class.

This has been a fantastic school experience. I volunteer in the library once a week then have lunch with my daughter. I am a complainer. I would let you know. But I have nothing bad to say. Note- not all of the 5th graders at this school go to the same middle school.

My daughter has been attending for 2 years and adores her teachers and staff. I won't name names but the security guard at the front is a big gentle giant with all thechildren, he makes her feel very safe.

For whatever reason, my previous post was deleted or reported. I agree with the March 2014 parent regarding struggling child. Last year our experience was horrible, but this year the complete opposite. So, I guess it all goes back to the personality or effectiveness of the teacher. This school acts like its a magnet school and the majority of emphasis is placed on exceeding other schools in SOL testing and less emphasis on children developing and being kids.

Cedar Road Elementary is a wonderful school with caring staff and teachers that go above-and-beyond everyday. My first-grader started school at a beginning first grade reading level and is now ending the year reading at a third grade level! All of the teachers we know in the school have been at CRE for years and love what they do. The PTA is very active and regularly provides additional scholastic and recreational programs for the students. We also appreciate the overall feeling of community in the school between all the students from Kindergarten through 5th grade.

Overall friendly teachers and staff. However, If you have a child that struggles sometime in their learning experience, don't expect the appropriate help, nor detailed communication. The teacher will take serious action without involving the parents. A frustrated teacher means a bad experiences for the child and parents. disappointed.

I love this school. My kids especially love this school which makes me happy. They have had wonderful teachers and the parent involvement is amazing! I'd pay extra for a home in this area for the school.

We moved to this area 10 years ago so our oldest could start kindergarten at Cedar Road Elementary. She had the best teachers and was very prepared for Middle school. Our youngest is now in fourth grade and I'm as happy with his education as I was with hers!! I highly recommend this school if you are trying to decide where to live in order for your child a great public school experience and education!!

Last modified Cedar Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.