Bad
Good

Posted January 20, 2015
My daughter has been attending for 2 years and adores her teachers and staff. I won't name names but the security guard at the front is a big gentle giant with all thechildren, he makes her feel very safe.

Cedar Road Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2014
For whatever reason, my previous post was deleted or reported. I agree with the March 2014 parent regarding struggling child. Last year our experience was horrible, but this year the complete opposite. So, I guess it all goes back to the personality or effectiveness of the teacher. This school acts like its a magnet school and the majority of emphasis is placed on exceeding other schools in SOL testing and less emphasis on children developing and being kids.

Posted May 20, 2014
Cedar Road Elementary is a wonderful school with caring staff and teachers that go above-and-beyond everyday. My first-grader started school at a beginning first grade reading level and is now ending the year reading at a third grade level! All of the teachers we know in the school have been at CRE for years and love what they do. The PTA is very active and regularly provides additional scholastic and recreational programs for the students. We also appreciate the overall feeling of community in the school between all the students from Kindergarten through 5th grade.

Cedar Road Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2014
Overall friendly teachers and staff. However, If you have a child that struggles sometime in their learning experience, don't expect the appropriate help, nor detailed communication. The teacher will take serious action without involving the parents. A frustrated teacher means a bad experiences for the child and parents. disappointed.

Posted November 28, 2013
I love this school. My kids especially love this school which makes me happy. They have had wonderful teachers and the parent involvement is amazing! I'd pay extra for a home in this area for the school.

Posted September 11, 2013
We moved to this area 10 years ago so our oldest could start kindergarten at Cedar Road Elementary. She had the best teachers and was very prepared for Middle school. Our youngest is now in fourth grade and I'm as happy with his education as I was with hers!! I highly recommend this school if you are trying to decide where to live in order for your child a great public school experience and education!!

Cedar Road Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2013
I love CRE! The school surpassed my expectations of public school. I am glad that they have not conformed into the isolated model of schools today. The employees are happy, sincere, and still care. God is still touching this schools heart! I was surprised that for Kindergarten my 5 year old was behind because he couldn't read site words and such starting out. By the end of the year he was fine, but I had only taught him letters, numbers, how to spell his name, colors, and shapes. I apparently was delusional about the requirements of todays youth. I do not like that the primary focus is on SOL scores and not learning for the long run. That is more of a state wide problem than a school specific issue. We had no problems with violence or unruly children. This school rocks!

Posted October 29, 2012
Ms Powell remains to be an amzing teacher. She was my daughters teacher in 2007-2008 school year. She is now my sons teacher and she is simply one of the greatest teachers of all! Great asset to Cedar Road Elementary!

Posted May 02, 2011
Great school with a small-town feel. VERY active parents and PTA. I have three children attending school at CRE and I couldn't be happier.

Posted October 24, 2010
Great school love the teacher's and staff they really go above and beyond to help your children in their learning experience great programs for the kids to learn very family oreinted school

Cedar Road Elementary School
1605 Cedar Rd, Chesapeake, VA  23322
Last modified Cedar Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.