Chesapeake, VA
Students enrolled: 1,374

Posted October 19, 2014
This school is great. The faculty and staff are always willing to help with anything. I like how the small size allows all the teachers and students to feel like one large family. Our school's sports teams haven't been the best lately but, our school spirit is still here. I would recommend this school to anybody.

Posted April 29, 2014
This school really helped my nephew! !! He was so far behind From his old school and they help get him caughtGod up. Now he will be grad with the rest of his class .. Thank God. ..

Deep Creek High School 1

Posted March 25, 2014
Deep Creek is corrupted... the atmosphere and vibes are just completely negative. Teachers love saying " at the end of the day I'm still getting paid ". We understand that but your not helping. Theres afterschool help but one goes because theyre too worried about getting high,parties, and the latest shoes. Theres fighting and yelling and hard to get through the day . And it's hard to learn when no one around you cares or when there's 20 year olds in your freshman classes ( I'm not from va but where I'm from thats illegal ). Honestly ready to move. I won't be graduating from here.

Deep Creek High School 1

Posted July 31, 2013
Deep Creek is a good school but we need more funding for repairs and materials. In my math class last year we weren't even issued calculators because the school didn't have enough and this year the calcutlators we were given were falling apart and barely worked. The school is old and severely needs to be remodeled as well; bathrooms that are disgusting with broken toilets and desks that are basically rocking chairs. In addition the school is overcrowded it takes oil most all of my lunch time to even get my food. Overall the teachers are great and I learn a lot every day it's a small community and everyone knows everyone but things NEED to change.

Posted December 05, 2011
It's a great school. My daughter was part of the rezoning of Grassfield to Deep Creek. She is now a sophmore. She has excelled in every part of the school. AP courses, Varsity sports, school clubs. The faculty is there to help the parents and students, but it's up to them to take advantage of them and all the resources. The only recommendation I can give is for the administration (who is very OLD school) to give breathing room for school events. It's time for the administration to step forward with new outlooks and goals.

Posted September 13, 2010
This years 2010 new student orientation was the biggest turn in years. The neighborhoods in Deep Creek were recently rezoned and there is a more diverse population this year. My daughter is a freshman and she loves going to Deep Creek High School. She is motivated and excited to learn by all of her teachers. Mrs. Bagley the principal and her staff are very engaged and it looks like this year will be one of the best years yet.

Deep Creek High School 2

Posted January 28, 2010

Deep Creek High School 0

Posted December 09, 2009
i love my school...our chorus department is one of the best in the state, and we've been Grand Champions of the nation TWICE! Anyone who thinks that students aren't disciplined enough are wrong. A lttle bit of trouble is to be expected at every high school. I do not appreciate the comments about my school not being safe. Everyone who attends our school loves it. We are united. In fact, we're even more united because of the death of Mr. Hardee. I love my school, and i thank God every day that I have a good school to go to, with a helpful administration team and staff.

Posted July 15, 2009
Deep Creek has the ability to be one of the best schools in hampton roads,but the lack of discipline is reaching an alarming high. The students have no fear or respect for the staff and much less security. I feel it would take a major event or somthing tragic happening foer anyone to change anything. I he students get away with to much crap,the ones who wont the education suffers. I love the school and also Mr.Hardee but it's time for some new blood and rules that stick.

Posted February 24, 2009

Deep Creek High School
2900 Margaret Booker Dr, Chesapeake, VA  23323
Last modified Deep Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deep Creek High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top