Chesapeake, VA

Western Branch Primary School 1

Posted November 30, 2014
This school is not very understanding to military children especially when the child experiencing a major transition. They are very quick to label and dismiss a child when the child is experiencing difficulties. My experience with some of the staff and my child's teacher at the time was not pleasant. I personally would not recommend this school to individuals who are in the military with a child who is not entering kindergarten or first grade. I have heard great reviews about this school from parents who had children entering other grade levels besides second grade. My experience was not great or pleasant because there was a lack of communication and understanding. To me, they have poor bedside manner when dealing with transitional children. To me, they waited to things escalated to involve the parent instead of notifying the parent from the beginning and by then my child was considered "a problem child."

Posted April 25, 2014
My son came into this school mid year last year and the teachers and staff went out of there way to make him feel welcome and help him in every way. This has been his first full year at WBP and he is so happy. As a military family we have experience with several different schools and WBP has been the best!

Western Branch Primary School 2

Posted February 28, 2013
This School is not understanding to Military Families. We PCS mid school year and have nothing but trouble. Military children that have been moved year to year need more understand from there teacher and staff. This school has not been able to provide that for my child. Disappointed with "this" public school system

Posted March 22, 2011
My son has attended WBP since kindergarten and now the 1st grade. We love the staff and school curriculum. We are a military family and had some concerns of housing options versus school districts. Our family decided to rent a condo and not a house available in another area just to be in the WBP zone. Definitely an excellent choice. Our child is very happy and is doing excellent in his academics. Teachers and staff are quick to respond to any concerns or questions. Parents are encouraged to volunteer and be part of their children's learning process as well as after school activities. The school has a Lobby Guard visitor check-in system, cameras, and a wonderful security officer to keep the children safe. There is an excellent PTA program as well. There are not enough words to express how happy we are with WBP. We are only sad to be transferrring out of the area this summer and leaving a wonderful school.

Posted July 27, 2010
This is a very good school that teaches in progressive format. While the building is a little older, my daughter loves the teachers and done well in the primary subjects. I was surprised by the amount of homework she received as a Kindergardener, but I am sure that it was for her best interest.

Posted August 14, 2009

Posted June 08, 2009

Posted November 02, 2007

Posted April 12, 2007
- a staff
Quality of academic programs is such that it is a model school. The students are exposed to Art, Music and PE as well as many nighttime events encouraging mind and body health. The Library is top notch and when visited by other schools or teachers it is always complemented on the size, quality of inventory and professional section. Parents are encouraged constantly to come in and volunteer and keep in touch with students and teachers. Newsletters are sent home by teachers as well as well as the Principal. The quality of teachers is such that rarely is a child ever requested to be moved by a parent.

Western Branch Primary School 1

Posted August 25, 2005

Western Branch Primary School
4122 Terry Dr, Chesapeake, VA  23321
Last modified Western Branch Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Western Branch Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top