Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Both teachers my child has had at this school has spent entirely too much time speaking about their personal lives... To include talking add/or texting on cell phones during instruction time!

Amount of homework: no rating

My child's teacher last year gave WAY TOO MUCH but his teacher this year doesn't believe in it and doesn't give ANY. There's apparently no standard here.

Develops character: Disagree

Honestly and integrity do not seem to be of importance in this school as there is no correction or reprimand for any transgression.

This school has no set standards for a teacher's curriculum, therefore what a child is taught varies from teacher to teacher which can effect the child in the coming year when they're expected to know things they've not been taught. The school also has extremely our communication 26th parents. They call for EVERY fundraising event yet failed to contact us about a suspicious man lurking around the school, or when my child was hurt at school.

Amount of homework: Agree

However, the amount of homework given these day at any school is really almost too much.

Amazing staff and very informative principal. My son loves it there. Every teacher he has had we adore.

Two of my children have attended GPS. Overall, it is a good school. We loved our teachers & never had an issue with school admin or staff. I occasionally volunteered throughout the school year with both children so I was able to see student, admin & teacher interactions. I would also eat lunch with my children throughout the school year. My kids loved that mom would come each lunch with them. Lunch room monitors are a tough group. My daughter attended private K but attended 1 & 2 at GPS. My son attended K thru 2nd. Our daughter's first year didn't start out perfectly as they didn't hire enough 1st grade teachers & ended up taking her & children from the other 1st grade classes to create a new class. This was already a few weeks into the new school year. However, it worked out great. Our new teacher was young & had a Master's degree. Great energy & leadership skills as she had a challenge as well. Our children were reading above grade level throughout their time there & had no issues with academics. Our teachers all gave out email address at the beginning of school & that is how I mainly corresponded with them. I always received a reply in a timely manner. Our kids loved their teachers. I'm an involved parent that sits down with the kids to help with homework so I am was aware of how much work was sent home & what material they were covering. The school does have a gym & separate cafeteria that also doubles as an assembly room for in school presentations and concerts. We attended both children's yearly concerts & never had an issue finding a seat or being able to see our children. Library is nice & adequate. Children attend computer, music & library class weekly, PE twice a weekly & art/guidance rotated every other week. Playground equipment is adequate & surrounded by fence. Security at the front desk is good. Be prepared to explain why you are there & have an ID. If you let the teacher know you are coming the day before, you will be put on the security list so it makes it easier. You will not be able to walk your child to class in the morning. Some parents have an issue with that I do not. Kid drop off is ridiculous as parents do not know how to let their child get out of the car & keep the line moving. Teachers/staff are there to assist getting out. PTA not so in love with due to excessive fundraising but they do get new equipment.

Greenbrier Primary school is a terrific school. My three children attended this school and it was a wonderful experience for each of them. The staff and teachers work closely together to give their students a great learning environment. The school has up to date books for the Accelerated Reading program, a nice fenced in play ground, and plenty of opportunities for parent involvement. We love GRP!

Extremely disappointed with the PTA - They don't act on input from parents, they are disorganized and they set up the class concerts terribly. Most parents couldn't even see their child. This school has no gym and their cafeteria acts as their auditorium... Certain teachers are good, but others are terrible and do not want parental involvement.

The teacher my daughter has at this school is wonderful. If the administrative staff wasn't so rude the overall experience would be much better. There is no need for top administration to talk down to parents. Very discouraging.

Last modified Greenbrier Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2