Grassfield High School 1

Posted November 23, 2014
GHS staff is in dire need of an overhaul; starting with the admin staff. Good thing their principal, Ms. Bernard, resigned. She never really settled into the position and more importantly, she did not manage her staff. Once she became overwhelmed with personal issues -- around 2010-2011 -- she checked out. The district hired much of the staff from within, -- worst idea, ever, since the majority of the admin staff lacked the experience needed. They were so consumed with the excitement of working in a new school with modern tech that they lost their true purpose. They're arrogant and unprofessional. So much of the bad that takes place there is swept under the rug, because they're so concerned with tarnishing their overrated reputation. They get a big -5 stars! I know this sounds bizarre and unreal -- but trust -- it doesn't get more real than this...

Posted June 06, 2014
My family moved here in 2011 and my daughter was a freshman. We were at our last duty station for 4 years and it was hard for her to leave her middle school friends and enter high school without them. She did not know anyone when she got here and is a rather shy kid. There was a group of student ambassadors that welcomed my daughter. They spoke to her in the halls, at lunch and for her birthday they came to her class and gave her a cupcake. I know this all sounds so trivial but it gave her a feeling of belonging. After Christmas the first year here she had made several friends and attended most of the football games with them. I think it is very important for new kids to attend school actives outside of school hours. My daughter is now a going into her Senior year -Class of 2015. She has truly blossomed at GHS. She is in several clubs, honor societies, band, and has a few really good friends. She remains in the top 10 of her class. Academics are tops. Mrs. Harris is her number 1 teacher. GHS has been prefect for MY daughter.

Posted April 02, 2014
We are a military family an new to the area. I can say this school welcomed my some with open arms. He has been in many sports. The coaches are phenomenal the teachers truly go the distance. I have a very happy 15 yr. old boy who has many friends an loves school! He also has excelled so much they nurtured his quest for knowledge an he is on the right path. Thank you Grassfield High!

Grassfield High School 1

Posted December 08, 2013
Terrible, the teachers are very lenient and focus on other classes instead of the ones they teach, not willing to help out and seem to think of their job as a paycheck. They only focus on the athletes and the well known kids instead of their entire classroom. Maybe if they paid attention to everyone we would have better grades than they say they do

Posted September 19, 2013
My daughter has been part of the Grassfield Technology Academy since her freshman year. Now a senior, we look back on her time with tremendous fondness. Grassfield is an exemplary school experience. From the sports programs on down, pride abounds. The faculty is committed to the students and it is largely evident. As my daughter said, "Choosing to accept the invitation to attend the tech academy at Grassfield was the best decision I ever made." Her parent's agree!

Posted June 23, 2013
The parent who wrote that Grassfield is a "huge deception" is sadly mistaken. Teachers bend over backwards to help ALL students succeed and become a part of our community. We offer SO MANY extra help sessions for struggling students, with transportation included, but many students do not take advantage of those sessions and also choose not to become involved in the many opportunities we offer - and then blame the school for the lack of success of their children.

Posted September 22, 2012
My grandson love the Grassfield H S and he said the education is very very upgraded

Posted January 04, 2011
I have attended Grassfield since it opened in 2007. I am now a senior, and I feel it is the best school in Chesapeake. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. Grassfield's SOL scores exceed the average and it is because of the teachers that truly care about their students. I would have gone to Great Bridge had Grassfield not been built, but I am so glad I went to Grassfield because I have met friends from the other feeder schools and feel extremely prepared for college. For the parent who most recently reviewed Grassfield, I could be wrong, (this will sound harsh, and I apologize) but you must not have a child at Grassfield, because you would realize there are many outlets for students to succeed.

Posted October 24, 2010
Grassfield is a great school the teachers are wonderful lots of many diffrent programs to offer to the student they really keep you informed on everthing going on in this school I could not be any happier

Posted May 10, 2010
The offering of the Technology Academy is top ranked. The school has the latest technology, great support, excellant teachers, students and parents.

Grassfield High School
2007 Grizzly Trail, Chesapeake, VA  23323
Last modified Grassfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grassfield High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top