PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted June 02, 2016
My daughter has attended CMS since first grade and she is now heading into 6th grade in the fall. The teachers are EXCELLENT and devoted to the children and their education. My daughter has learned many life skills as well that carry over into our home. She is a responsible, caring and hard working child due to the Montessori environment. My only wish is that they add 7th and 8th grade so she could continue her Montessori style learning until high school. A+

Posted June 13, 2014
Chesapeake Montessori School is an outstanding example of the Montessori method at work. My daughter had a seamless transition to this school.. The staff is caring, professional, and well-versed in Montessori curriculum and standards. All lead teachers are Montessori certified, and the Director is nationally recognized in the Montessori community. The classrooms are well-equipped, clean, and peaceful. The playgrounds are maintained beautifully. There are 2 campuses in Chesapeake. One contains ages infant-6 and the other is Toddler-grade 6. My child is very happy there and is developing extremely well. I would recommend this school to any parent who is interested in the Montessori method for educating your children.

Posted January 04, 2012
Chesapeake Montessori School is an outstanding model of Montessori Education. The faculty is highly qualified and knows more about child development than any person I know in the field of education. My children are independent, respectful, happy, smart and well adjusted. If you are looking for a true Montessori education in a warm caring environment, CMS is the place. We will forever be greatful for our time at CMS.

Chesapeake Montessori School 1

Posted June 05, 2011
Be aware!! This environment is not suited to all children or to all families. We could live with the cloth napkins required for lunch but there are many aspects we feel are vital to development that are missing. There are no activities to foster imaginative play or free exploration. There is no housekeeping corner, no dress up center, no sand table, no water table, no block center. The structure of the program is to the extreme. Children have choice in their activities; however, the activities are extremely regimented and structured. You may use an activity but only following the highly specific instructions. For example, you may use blocks but only to sort by size. You may not build a tower or wall. Communication is a serious problem. On a day to day basis, you will have no idea what your child is working or what skills they are mastering. There are no written notes sent home at the end of the week describing the books they read, or the songs they sing, or how your child's day is going. Unless you initiate communication, there is none. Children here develop skills and are high achieving. However, at what cost. OBSERVE and decide for yourself. BE CONCERNED

Posted May 16, 2011
This is a fabulous school! My daughter is in pre-school for the second year here and I am thrilled with her progress both academically and socially. Once I decided I wanted to go with a school that used the Montessori teaching style, I contacted several in the area and chose this one after meeting with the teachers, etc. They teachers here are fabulous and show extreme interest in your child's well being and really want to instill the desire to learn. I am so thrilled, I plan on keeping my daughter here through fifth grade, and will enroll my younger child when she is ready as well! In fact, we will be moving, but I will be driving the extra distance to keep them in this school!

Chesapeake Montessori School

Posted March 24, 2010
We have four children, three of whom attend Chesapeake Montessori School. You would be hard pressed to find a warmer more nuturing environment for your children, in addition to education second to none. My children are thriving both as people and students. The teachers take such an interest in each child. You can tell they love what they do and the children that they work with. CMS is truly part of our family, and we feel so lucky to have our kids here.

Chesapeake Montessori School
2013 Scenic Parkway, Chesapeake, VA  23323
Last modified Chesapeake Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6