Chester, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted July 26, 2013
My kids school is awesome. Great teachers who care about their students and my 3 boys love their teachers. Excellent security. Excellent guidance counselor too.

Posted November 16, 2012
I've had mostly positive experiences at this school. My children are both good students with no disciplinary problems. They both have responded well to the method that Wells teachers use to teach math and are both excellent readers. All of their teachers so far have been good to excellent. Some teachers are better than others, but the same was true when I went to school. Parent involvement is strong and the PTA is active. I feel like Wells is a solid mid-level school that if your children are the types to excel they will and if they need some help you may have to be a more proactive parent. The only thing I would like to see improved is the administration's interaction with ALL children not only the "problem" kids. There have been several instances where I've mentioned my children to administrators and I can tell they have no idea who they are. I understand that schools are more crowded than I was in school, but I always remember my principal smiling at me and greeting me by name. I don't always get a warm fuzzy feeling from the principal.

Child Care Wells Elementary School 2

Posted May 31, 2012
My daughter went here for two years and it was terrible. Her kindergarten teacher had essentially retired in place and was extremely lazy. Their "science" project was to water one plant, not water another and see what happened. And no, they did not document or observe things as they happened, just skipped to the end. The Principal is awful. My 5 year old daughter was encouraged by her teacher to put her head in a little boy's lap, because it was "cute" by one of the teacher's assistants and when I complained the Principal and Vice Principal told me that I was making "something out of nothing." Even though my daughter received good grades, she was falling severely behind in math and her test scores, relative to both the average and mean scores, dropped both years. Finally, my son went to summer school prior to Kindergarten and he instead of actually learning, he was treated to a presentation in which he was told that we are "murdering the planet" and was given a sticker that said "Environmental Soldier" and fake money that replaced "In God We Trust" with "In School We Trust". The school's principal didn't feel it was a big deal, but I did and my kids are now in private school.

Child Care Wells Elementary School 2

Posted June 23, 2011
My daughter attended school for the end of kindergarten and beginning of first grade here. We were hopeful when this school had good reviews, however were very disappointed with the school's performance. My daughter is very bright (I know all parents say this) however her spirit was damaged by the teacher & counselor's views that she was a "difficult" child. I spent hours at the school with the teacher and counselor and was the room mom for the class. Her problems stemmed from not being challenged in the classroom and was actually given responisibilities to teach other students! I have never been so disgusted. My daughter had a very hard time here. As soon as we moved her gaining teacher (out of state) told me she thought she was getting a problem child with an attitude problem by reading the notes from CC Wells. She went on to rave about how bright she is and enjoyed teaching such an eager student. She allowed her to learn at the level that she was challenged (which is where I argued with the CC Wells staff). Her confidence restored she has excelled in school again testing at the 6th grade level in most subjects while in 2nd grade.

Posted October 10, 2008

Posted October 10, 2008
As a military family, we were welcomed warmly to CC Wells. The standard of academics is top. Great selection of after school clubs offered also !

Child Care Wells Elementary School 0

Posted October 08, 2008
I have been more than satisfied with my children's education at this school. Each of their teachers has been wonderful and I feel they have all contributed in different ways to my children's education. I would highly recommend this school to anyone. Parental involvement is excellent and is encouraged by the teachers and adminstration. It is a large school, but has a very personal, friendly feel.

Posted September 16, 2008

Child Care Wells Elementary School 0

Posted November 18, 2007
WOW! The rezoning has really improved this school! I have always thought it was great but now I think it is wonderful! I have two children that attend Wells and they are happy and well adjusted. I feel that they are getting an excellent education there as they have been lucky enough to have great teachers! Mrs. Patterson has a good handle on things and I feel that my children's best intrest is at heart!

Posted November 09, 2007
The redistricting and building of the new elementary school in Enon has really helped Wells. The school is nowhere near as crowded. They've even been able to get rid of their trailers so all the kids have class inside the actual school now. Also, events at the school and dropping the kids off in the morning is much easier. All of the teachers I've dealt with have been wonderful. The principal, Mrs. Patterson, is very fair and friendly. I'm satisfied with the education my child is receiving there.

Child Care Wells Elementary School
13101 S. Chester Rd., Chester, VA  23831
Last modified Child Care Wells Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Child Care Wells Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top