Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted March 13, 2016
The school claims the lack of funds have changed the second grade homework curriculum to not having homework sheets and activities for every/most subjects. But 1st grade takes home several sheets and so do other grades.

Posted November 22, 2015
I am extremely grateful for Mrs. Vaden. My daughter's love for school has increased so much this year, and it's because of her teacher. Mrs. Vaden is an exceptional educator, and in just the first 9 weeks of school, my daughter has learned so much, and is eager to tell me all about her day when she gets home. Addison loves to play school now - and they say "imitation is the highest form of flattery". I can't wait to see what the rest of this year holds for my daughter!

Posted November 22, 2015
I am extremely grateful for Mrs. Vaden. My daughter's love for school has increased so much this year, and it's because of her teacher. I know how important the elementary years are for making an impression on a child. Mrs. Vaden is an exceptional educator, and in just the first 9 weeks of school, my daughter has learned so much, and is eager to tell me all about her day when she gets home. Addison loves to play school now - and they say "imitation is the highest form of flattery". I can't wait to see what the rest of this year holds for my daughter!

Posted November 18, 2015
I have trouble putting into words my appreciation for Mrs. Young. She's creative, empathetic, intelligent, soft, strong, and an excellent teacher. My son has grown by leaps and bounds because of her teaching and her understanding heart. I'm so blessed to have her on my team this year.

Posted November 18, 2015
We have moved many times and have been involved in schools all over Virginia. We have never been as happy as we are at Curtis Elementary. From the front office staff to the custodians to the teachers, I am constantly impressed. I have a third grader in Mrs. Gotay's class and a first grader in Mrs. Young's class and every day I feel blessed to have them teaching my kids. I just can't say enough good things about this school and their teachers. I'm very thankful for them all.

Posted November 18, 2015
They help the children in every possible way they can. The programs are amazing. They go to any lengths to assure you the education and safety of our children.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 18, 2015
I would like the thank Jolie. She helps every child and every child's family. The programs she has at the school helps so many familys during the holidays. She makes sure no family goes without. She is kind, caring, and genuinely cares for all the students that attend that school.

Posted November 18, 2015
I would like to thank Ms. Liann Valenza for being an outstanding teacher. She is always so welcoming and friendly to parents and students. She takes the time to explain in great detail everything you want to know about your child's grades and conduct and she does so with a great sense of urgency and sincerity. She shows a real desire to help the children be their absolute best. She truly cares about her students and the parents. It is so refreshing to see a teacher of this caliber and I know my son is greatly benefiting from her hard work and nurturing. He has made honor roll for the first time! You rock Ms. Valenza! We need more teachers like you!

Posted November 18, 2015
Ms. Genazia is an amazing teacher! Her sweet nature, combined with her patient personality, and genuineness, makes her an admired and highly respected teacher! She is respected by current and former parents, her peers, and most importantly her students! We feel so fortunate that she is currently our daughter, Ella's fourth grade teacher!!!!

Posted April 20, 2015
This is a great school with a lot to offer parents and children alike. This school really values their community.

3600 W Hundred Rd, Chester, VA  23831
Last modified C E Curtis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.