Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son was in Ms. Roinnel 1st grade class and he cried on his last day of school, because he was so sad to leave her and prayed to have a good second grade teacher like ms Roinnel. We just found out that his second grade teacher is Ms Vaden. So far I've heard nothing but good things! Let's go 2016/2017 school year.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The school claims the lack of funds have changed the second grade homework curriculum to not having homework sheets and activities for every/most subjects. But 1st grade takes home several sheets and so do other grades.

I am extremely grateful for Mrs. Vaden. My daughter's love for school has increased so much this year, and it's because of her teacher. Mrs. Vaden is an exceptional educator, and in just the first 9 weeks of school, my daughter has learned so much, and is eager to tell me all about her day when she gets home. Addison loves to play school now - and they say "imitation is the highest form of flattery". I can't wait to see what the rest of this year holds for my daughter!

We have moved many times and have been involved in schools all over Virginia. We have never been as happy as we are at Curtis Elementary. From the front office staff to the custodians to the teachers, I am constantly impressed. I have a third grader in Mrs. Gotay's class and a first grader in Mrs. Young's class and every day I feel blessed to have them teaching my kids. I just can't say enough good things about this school and their teachers. I'm very thankful for them all.

They help the children in every possible way they can. The programs are amazing. They go to any lengths to assure you the education and safety of our children.

This is a great school with a lot to offer parents and children alike. This school really values their community.

My daughter has attended this school for three years and will be starting her fourth year this fall. Every teacher we have had has been absolutely wonderful. We are communicated with and always kept up to date. My daughter has adored every one of them! The school is very organized and even gives out very nice assignment books to each and every child. There are tons of great activities for families to participate in and to help raise money. We recently had a carnival!! The principal is fantastic and always keeps families up to date with a weekly phone call on Sundays. We love Curtis elementary and couldn't imagine being anywhere else!

The school is excellent. I'm very happy with the school. we recently move to Virginia and I was worried about my sons adjusting to a new school. The Administrative staff was a gem. They were very helpful and patient with the boys and I. Also, their teachers went the extra mile to make sure my boys get adjusted to their new school. The first quarter report card was great. Also, I'm that the teachers keep you involved in their lessons.

My School is the best! We are starting our 15th consecutive year here and love the atmosphere:) We have great teachers and staff!!

Curtis is a terrific school. It is rather large with over 700 children but it definitely has a small town, caring, nurturing environment. My children are thriving there.

Last modified C E Curtis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.