Enon Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 490 students

Student diversity

Posted May 17, 2014

We have almost completed a year of Kindergarten and I must say I'm happy with the results. My child has been recognized for her achievements and loves to go to school. She loves all her teachers and I think the front office staff are above and beyond friendly. They will bend over backwards to accommodate a parent in need of anything! The Principal is accessible and involved and has quickly responded to any question or concern I've had. I am so glad my child goes to this wonderful little school. Don't let the building fool you (they will be building a new school over the next few years) it is a small slice of wonderful inside those 75 year old brick walls!

Posted May 2, 2014

enon is not a bad school. since is not a title 1 school teaches lack passion and creativity. I feel most kids will get left behind compare to other schools in the area. good luck

Posted April 13, 2014

Enon Elementary is great! The Principal, staff and teachers are so nice, easily accessible, and they seem to really care about the students and their families. The building is old (it will get a new campus soon) but it has a great caring/small school feeling.

Posted March 13, 2014

Enon Elementary is by far the best Elementary school. I currently have a third grader. The staff at Enon Elementary have gone above and beyond to help my child receive the extra help she needed to be successful. My child attended Kindergarten, first grade and second grade in another county in Virginia that did not have the high academic standards that Enon Elementary has. When my daughter was struggling with reading on grade level the teacher gave my child the extra time she needed to be successful. The school offers extra tutoring in math and reading afterschool. The parents at Enon are very involved in the school. I am most impressed with the daily communication I have with my child s teacher. The staff are glad they work at Enon. The office staff is extremely welcoming, and both Mr. Crusco and Ms. Riddick can always be seen walking around the building congratulating students for their achievements. Most importantly the teachers at Enon care about the kids. I wish my child had been able to benefit from the high expectations of Chesterfield County Schools from the beginning of her schooling. Thank goodness her teacher took the time to help her reach her potential.

Posted January 3, 2014

Enon does not have a lot of options for children that need a little extra help. There are not enough teacher's assistants and programs to help children that are struggling. It is easy for a child to slip through the cracks due to the lack of individual attention and unacceptable teacher to student ratios. I think and feel that because Enon is not a title 1 school and because there is a lack of impoverished students that a lot of things are overlooked due to the lack of federal involvement and funding which comes at a high expense for the children that do need extra help and programs to help with reading, math, etc. There is also a general lack of communication between the teachers and parents, which leads to lower parental involvement. I personally have encountered a couple of teachers that lack professionalism and the passion that it takes to be a great educator. Enon doe however make everything appear to be "all smiles and butterflies" so kudos to them for the facade. The parents have no idea about what really goes on behind closed doors, it is possible your child could be being "pushed through" just for the numbers game.

Posted November 16, 2013

Please stop judging others' opinions. Great schools is a place for all parents to express their feelings. You may feel that the candy issue is not a big deal and that is your right. Different opinions are part of what makes this world so great. However, I feel that the candy is a big deal as kids should learn internal motivation. Giving out candy robs them of this opportunity. Also, traditional candy is filled with high fructose corn syrup, petroleum based dyes and other carcinogenic ingredients. I do my best to keep these lab created items out of my children's bodies. In addition, I do volunteer in my kids' classrooms, attend field trips and help with the PTO. As a parent I am involved with my children's lives. I stand by my opinion and I respect yours.

Posted November 14, 2013

I don't understand how Enon could get bad reviews. I Love this school!! We moved here from a very rural area and we absolutely love Enon. The principal, Mr.Crusco is outstanding, very warm and friendly. My daughter's teacher, Ms.Kerschner does an outstanding job with my kindergarten. She loves school and is excited to get up in the morning. We chose to move to Chester because Chesterfield County has so much to offer our children.Parents are involved at Enon & I enjoy being able to participate in the school activities. The parents that complained about the candy,please get over it. The most important thing is our children are getting a superb education and I'm ok when my child does an exceptional job that she is rewarded with a piece of candy. We need to remember whats important. Stop trying to find simple reasons to complain and use that energy to participate in our children's lives by volunteering in the class rooms, helping out whenever possible and focusing on whats important...our children's education. I would highly recommend Enon Elementary to anyone. I also would recommend that you visit there, you will love it.

Posted July 25, 2013

Everytime you walk into the school, I never see an unhappy student or staff member. The office staff knows me by voice. My child does not like missing school!

Posted January 24, 2012

I have had children attend 3 different elementary schools and this one is by far the best. The teachers have done an outstanding job, the staff is amazing - always helpful and curtious and the children seem to be happy. Yes, it is not the best "looking" school in the county. An update would be nice, but my experience tells me that the staff and students make up the atmosphere of the school, not the building. The principal is exceptional.

Posted December 17, 2011

In response to the parent writing a review of Enon ES on Dec 16, 2011. I agree with you wholeheartedly about the amount of candy and other junk given to kids at school; other junk being the dollar store stuff that doesn't "work" or is otherwise useless. But the candy is a problem, and it's not a problem unique to Enon. My kids attended 4 different public elementary schools in 3 states, and I have been a substitute at even more, so have seen that the candy thin seems prolific. I find it to be a crutch and I don't think it works. I disagree with the principal at Enon ES over this issue, but I respect him nonetheless for otherwise running an excellent school. And to the parent who complained about the building, yes, while the school is not bright and shiny, it has been updated, and anyway, it's the community that makes the school rather than the appearance of the building. The school is a safe and friendly place - more friendly than a couple of other es schools in that same area. I continue to feel that Enon is an impressive nurturing school and was glad my child was able to go to school there.

Posted July 3, 2010

The teaching staff is fantastic, led by Mike Crusco who is a wonderful principal. You're not just a number when you walk into Enon. The atmosphere is warm and friendly across the entire staff. Enon also offers many organized extracurricular activities before and after school (ie: jump rope) that have proven fun and rewarding.

Posted August 13, 2009

I love this school, from the people in the office to the janitor to the teachers, everyone is friendly courteous and professional Great School!

Posted July 25, 2009

This school is awesome!! The best staff in CCPS. They care about your child. Whenever I visit this school I am always welcomed with a smile.

Posted May 20, 2009

After reading the posting from August 12, 2008, I was shocked and felt compelled to respond. Enon is an amazing place with a genuine family feel. Everyone is closely connected and generations move to Enon so they can continue having family members experience Enon. As far as catering to the elite, I believe that to be false. The teachers and staff are highly professional and care about each child/family. I think Enon is an amazing place, and am proud that my children are there!

Posted May 18, 2009

Retired military with 2 kids going to Enon; absolutely great teachers and staff - engaged and involved, and very aware of individual students. Facility is old but adequate, and the curriculum is top notch, especially for accelerated learners.

Posted August 12, 2008

My youngest daughter attended only 4th and 5th grade at Enon due to us moving to that district. I found Enon to be less than friendly and the school is in horrible shape. I felt like an outsider, I guess if your child doesn't attend K-5, then they are always considered the 'new' kid. They are not welcoming at all, and the parents tend to cater to stay at home parents, rather than working parents.

Posted October 28, 2007

I chose Chesterfield County schools when I moved from Pennsylvania. I wanted to best education for my kids and wanted the best school districts. I am so glad we are in Enon. The staff and teachers are very friendly and helpful. I've enjoyed volunteering and getting to know the staff. I would recommend Enon.

Posted April 25, 2006

Enon is a wonderful school, The Staff and Students are the best! I couldn't ask any more than to work with this great staff. Although Mr. Loeffler, our Principal, is leaving us, we will survive any circumstantial changes that may overcome us. Enon is the Best!
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted December 5, 2005

I think the teachers at Enon Elementary are superb! The facility itself needs a major 'face lift'....lots of mold, cracks in walls, etc. are just a few of the issues that need to be addressed and continue to be ignored. I am a parent of two children that currently attend Enon Elementary. Sad to see so many of the good values and family-like atmosphere that Ms. Scott and Ms. Rice brought to the school no longer exist.

Posted March 3, 2005

This is a fantastic school, has great teachers, and my child loves going to school everyday. I am a proud parent. I can go to work everyday knowing that my child is cared for and is becoming an intelligent person. Specail thanks to my child's teacher Mrs. Heath in second grade. She is very kind. Also thanks to her other teacher Mrs. Henshaw and Mrs. Beamon. Also the music teacher is nice too.

English: Reading

The state average for English: Reading was 72% in 2013.

66 students were tested at this school in 2013.

History and Social Science

The state average for History and Social Science was 87% in 2012.

80 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

68 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 84% in 2013.

68 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Virginia used the Standards of Learning (SOL) tests to assess students in reading and math in grades 3 through 8, writing in grades 5 and 8, and science in grades in 3, 5 and 8. The SOL tests are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Virginia. The goal is for all students to pass the tests.

English: Reading

The state average for English: Reading was 70% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

History and Social Science

The state average for History and Social Science was 84% in 2012.

n/a
Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English: Reading

The state average for English: Reading was 73% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English: Writing

The state average for English: Writing was 71% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

History and Social Science

The state average for History and Social Science was 89% in 2012.

n/a
Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

50 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students86%

Students with disabilities91%
Students without disabilities93%
Proficient in English92%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the Virginia Department of Education. Data is not reported when there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school.

All Students81%

Not economically disadvantaged91%
Students without disabilities94%
Proficient in English93%

Source: Virginia Department of Education

• In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Fully Accredited".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Fully Accredited".
  • In 2007-2008, this school was rated "Fully Accredited".

Source: Virginia Department of Education

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2001 E. Hundred Rd.