Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Enon Elementary is the best school in the area. Children are always put first. My children love going to school each day. They both talk about the science activities, and after school clubs they have. My children have become better citizens because of Enon. They are kinder, smarter, and better thinkers. Another reason Enon is such a great school is because of the staff. Each teacher cares about each student at the school. The principal has respect for all children and all teachers. He always greets me and my children by our names. The office staff and the custodial staff are also wonderful additions to the staff. Simply stated this school is a family. My children have attended three different schools, and hands down this is the best. Enon is just a wonderful place for all children.

As a military family, we chose to live in the Enon district based on recommendations and reviews. The teachers and staff at Enon have exceeded our expectations! This is the best school our children have ever attended!

We have four children at enon.... 5th,2nd,1st, and k ... We love the teachers and staff at enon! Mrs. Barkle in the office always greats us with a smile And the teachers seem to go the extra mile!

We have almost completed a year of Kindergarten and I must say I'm happy with the results. My child has been recognized for her achievements and loves to go to school. She loves all her teachers and I think the front office staff are above and beyond friendly. They will bend over backwards to accommodate a parent in need of anything! The Principal is accessible and involved and has quickly responded to any question or concern I've had. I am so glad my child goes to this wonderful little school. Don't let the building fool you (they will be building a new school over the next few years) it is a small slice of wonderful inside those 75 year old brick walls!

enon is not a bad school. since is not a title 1 school teaches lack passion and creativity. I feel most kids will get left behind compare to other schools in the area. good luck

Enon Elementary is great! The Principal, staff and teachers are so nice, easily accessible, and they seem to really care about the students and their families. The building is old (it will get a new campus soon) but it has a great caring/small school feeling.

Enon Elementary is by far the best Elementary school. I currently have a third grader. The staff at Enon Elementary have gone above and beyond to help my child receive the extra help she needed to be successful. My child attended Kindergarten, first grade and second grade in another county in Virginia that did not have the high academic standards that Enon Elementary has. When my daughter was struggling with reading on grade level the teacher gave my child the extra time she needed to be successful. The school offers extra tutoring in math and reading afterschool. The parents at Enon are very involved in the school. I am most impressed with the daily communication I have with my child s teacher. The staff are glad they work at Enon. The office staff is extremely welcoming, and both Mr. Crusco and Ms. Riddick can always be seen walking around the building congratulating students for their achievements. Most importantly the teachers at Enon care about the kids. I wish my child had been able to benefit from the high expectations of Chesterfield County Schools from the beginning of her schooling. Thank goodness her teacher took the time to help her reach her potential.

Enon does not have a lot of options for children that need a little extra help. There are not enough teacher's assistants and programs to help children that are struggling. It is easy for a child to slip through the cracks due to the lack of individual attention and unacceptable teacher to student ratios. I think and feel that because Enon is not a title 1 school and because there is a lack of impoverished students that a lot of things are overlooked due to the lack of federal involvement and funding which comes at a high expense for the children that do need extra help and programs to help with reading, math, etc. There is also a general lack of communication between the teachers and parents, which leads to lower parental involvement. I personally have encountered a couple of teachers that lack professionalism and the passion that it takes to be a great educator. Enon doe however make everything appear to be "all smiles and butterflies" so kudos to them for the facade. The parents have no idea about what really goes on behind closed doors, it is possible your child could be being "pushed through" just for the numbers game.

Please stop judging others' opinions. Great schools is a place for all parents to express their feelings. You may feel that the candy issue is not a big deal and that is your right. Different opinions are part of what makes this world so great. However, I feel that the candy is a big deal as kids should learn internal motivation. Giving out candy robs them of this opportunity. Also, traditional candy is filled with high fructose corn syrup, petroleum based dyes and other carcinogenic ingredients. I do my best to keep these lab created items out of my children's bodies. In addition, I do volunteer in my kids' classrooms, attend field trips and help with the PTO. As a parent I am involved with my children's lives. I stand by my opinion and I respect yours.

I don't understand how Enon could get bad reviews. I Love this school!! We moved here from a very rural area and we absolutely love Enon. The principal, Mr.Crusco is outstanding, very warm and friendly. My daughter's teacher, Ms.Kerschner does an outstanding job with my kindergarten. She loves school and is excited to get up in the morning. We chose to move to Chester because Chesterfield County has so much to offer our children.Parents are involved at Enon & I enjoy being able to participate in the school activities. The parents that complained about the candy,please get over it. The most important thing is our children are getting a superb education and I'm ok when my child does an exceptional job that she is rewarded with a piece of candy. We need to remember whats important. Stop trying to find simple reasons to complain and use that energy to participate in our children's lives by volunteering in the class rooms, helping out whenever possible and focusing on whats important...our children's education. I would highly recommend Enon Elementary to anyone. I also would recommend that you visit there, you will love it.

Last modified Enon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.