Posted January 04, 2014
I'm a military child who went to Thomas Dale only for 5 months. It's not that bad actually. Everyone is nice. NO BULLIES. Most of the teachers are very awesome. The over crowding problem is solved if your wondering. There is now a 9th Grade Campus 9th Graders go there now. The 10-12 graders stay in the main building. Thomas Dale students welcome you if your a new student. Like I was. Very nice and warm school. RIP to Mr. Vinny who passed away recently.

Posted September 10, 2013
Hello, we have twin sons who graduated from Thomas Dale the year your group began, 1998. Our sons got a great education at Thomas Dale. With the help of guidance counselors, particularly Evelyn White, both of them got the help and direction they needed to go on to college and become fine contributing members of our world. In the 90's I think our sons saw more than we ever wanted them to know about life. So many kids who needed someone who cared. Thomas Dale teachers and other staff made the difference for so many children. We are parents who were involved at school and found we were totally impressed with the whole school life there. From classroom studies to sports and everything in between we can honestly say TDHS was and I hear still is one of the best in this area. We go to occasional football games there to feel the spirit of this great school whether it be in the classroom or on the field. GO, THOMAS DALE KNIGHTS AND CONTINUE TO "GO" FOR THE THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS YOU HAVE HELPED IN SO MANY WAYS IN THEIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!! We are also very impressed with your involvement in our schools. Thanks for being there. Thank you, Karen and Ken Lutes

Posted January 19, 2013
I am bequeathing to Thomas Dale the maximum five-star(excellent) rating. I truly believe the school deserves the recognition. I am a student of the 2011 graduating class, and if I had the choice of any school in the county I would still pick Thomas Dale. I was not involved in any extracurricular activities, but the teachers were huge inspirations to me. My 11th grade Honors English teacher was phenomenal. The work load was outrageous for a high school student, but boy did it prepare me for college. I am much more capable of doing research than most of my collegiate counterparts because of her rigorous and precise papers. To be honest, all of the English teachers I had were great. I believe there is something to be said about the History department as a whole. I am a lover of all history. Each and every one of my history teachers, I feel, were very influential and devoted to the subject. I would hate to leave out the other departments, but History is easier for me to compliment because I thoroughly enjoyed the classes. There really is a warming sense of unity amongst Thomas Dale graduates.

Posted November 27, 2011
When are they going to build a new school for these kids. This school is the biggest in Central VA and way overcrowded!!! It has two campuses!!! A ninth grade campus and a 10-12 campus. I just dont think this is right or fair to the kids! A new school board rep for the Berumuda will hopefully mean we will get a new high school in Chester for our kids!!!

Thomas Dale High School 3

Posted November 04, 2011
I have had 3 kids go through this high school. I would love to rate it higher..however there are issues that can not be ignored. Although all 3 were stellar students, it wasn't easy. But nothing in life is easy. However, my largest complaint would be how rude and unfriendly the front desk staff is. This was a topic of countless discussions among many other parents who shared the same experience of condescending attitudes. We have the right to expect more. We are the parents of the students we entrust them with. We do deserve mutual respect. I have been ignored standing at the front desk, rudely spoken to and often talked to as if I should know what to do. However, most of us do not. I have great kids, never in trouble, with no need to hardly have to visit the school, of course I would not know where to sign in and who specifically I need to speak to regarding various issues or questions. All I ask is for the staff to be welcoming and realize we are on the same side...which should be the well being of our kids at their school!

Posted April 27, 2011
I would rate this school a -5 they dont even care what goes on in the school. Some of the teachers are horrible and can't (don't) teach. They expect the students to get good grades and high scores on the SOL with out their time being sent .

Thomas Dale High School 3

Posted April 22, 2010
This is my first year at Thomas Dale and I expected more from it than it is. Some of the teachers are horrible and can't (don't) teach. They expect us to get good grades and high scores on the SOL but the don't teach us anything that's on it. There are a lot of bugs in the school. One week there was basically an infestation of gnats, everywhere we would go there were gnats. Other than that, the school is just okay.

Thomas Dale High School 4

Posted December 15, 2009

Posted December 08, 2009

Thomas Dale High School 0

Posted November 17, 2009
Some of the teachers have chosen the wrong career. They have more interests in power and control than the success of the students!

Thomas Dale High School
3626 W. Hundred Rd., Chester, VA  23831
Last modified Thomas Dale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Dale High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top