Chesterfield, VA
Before care: Yes

Richmond Christian School 1

Posted December 19, 2014
I am a former arent of RCS. What can I say. When my older two children attended RCS and it was run by the church it was a true Christian School with morals for their students and fair to all who attended there. My last child went there through elementary school and than left for another private school. What a blessing that she left when she did. The schools morals have gone down so much. Some students can break rules and still be allowed to attend and others break the same rules and are told they must leave RCS. The school my last child attended played RCS in sports and my child know first hand how the school has changed in their sportsmanship which RCS no longer has a lot of Christian sportsmanship. I do not understand how this school can still claim they are a Christian school with the things the let happen there with students and employees. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Richmond Christian School 2

Posted November 10, 2014
PART 3 the school talks about having high moral values i don't believe it. i also think that they should recruit people for different sports like soccer, cheering, track. not just basketball and football. all in all rcs is officially disappointed me there athletic program the most. (funny thing is that people don't want to play them anymore, though i had heard that the person who was making the schedule for the games didn't schedule against the teams that rcs has lost to multiple times before)

Posted June 04, 2014
I want to say, we transfered my daughter into Richmond Christian from another Private Christian school and I have to say, it was the best decision we ever made for her. She has learned so much more about christianity and the bible then she did at her old school. She was not doing well in her old school, and Richmond Christian let us transfer her and she has done remarkable well. She has turned her grades around and has made so many wonderful freindships. The teachers are awesome, so kind and caring and really ready to help the student in any way they can. My daughter truely loves school again and is excited to go to school now. If you truly want a wonderful learning experience where your child can grow and come to learn and love god and morality, please choose Richmond Christian.

Posted April 28, 2014
What can I say that has not already been said about Richmond Christian School? It is a wonderful Christian school and I thank the Lord for it. My daughter graduated from RCS many years ago, and now our little grand-daughter is attending there and loves it. We have never regretted sending our daughter, as she learned so much that has helped her in her life. Our grand-daughter doesn't ever want to miss a day from RCS. She is presently in the 3rd. grade and has been attending since Kindergarten. She has not only grown academically, but also learned so much about the Bible. The staff, Principal, teachers, etc. are so kind, helpful, and show real love for each student. I would highly recommend RCS for your children and grand-children. You could not give them anything better than to send them to this wonderful school.

Richmond Christian School 4

Posted January 15, 2014
I am currently a Junior (That's the Class of 2015!) at RCS. I would like to begin by saying I LOVE RCS! The school could use some updates, but what does that matter? The teaching material, the teachers themselves, and the friendships are really what matter! I've been going to this school for going on 3 years, and I plan to graduate from here. As a matter of fact, I'm writing this review in Study Hall right now (Don't worry, I'm not slacking!). The teachers here are really friendly and want to get to know you as a student or as a parent. Sure, there are the usual stressed out parts of the school year (tests, quizzes, exams), but there are the really fun parts of the year, too! For example, there is School Spirit Week, which leads up to Homecoming, there is Spiritual Emphasis Week (It's a Christian School!), and there is the pinnacle of it all, Final Blast (aka Field Day)! I'm a member of the Student Government of RCS, and I really enjoy it! SGA has a lot of involvement in the events at RCS like See You At The Pole, our annual week-long Christmas celebration, and Final Blast! RCS is community that you and your kids will be a part of for the rest of your lives!

Richmond Christian School 4

Posted August 27, 2013
RCS is a wonderful school. All the staffs and families take to heart the important of a Christian environment. At this school kids from k-12 bond and interact and share the love of God. Chaperone out number student at school events. The teacher don't babysit your kids like public school, they become role model and parent to our kids.

Posted August 22, 2013
In today's world it is wonderful to be able to have my granddaughter in an environment that teaches morality based on the bible instead of mans changing correctness. I have been amazed At the whole establishment and dedication in tEaching our children . Yes it is not free but the future of my granddaughter and our society has no price tag too high.

Posted August 04, 2013
Richmond Christian School provides not only a top notch education, but promotes high moral values and community service. The class sizes are small providing the students with individualized attention and a nurturing learning environment. The parents are encouraged to be actively involved in all aspects of the students' learning experience...chaperoning field trips, volunteering in the classrooms and helping behind the scenes. The older students happily help in the elementary classrooms, creating positive relationships between the grades.

Posted August 01, 2013
I am a current rising senior at RCS and I have been attending RCS since I was in kindergarten. I love my school and I have been disappointed with some of the reviews. RCS has had such an amazing impact on me the past 12 years. Is the school old? Yes. Are the gym bleachers terrible? Yes. Is there always a different weird, bad smell in the main hallway? You bet. But here there is a real sense of community among the students and teachers. I can honestly say that I love all of my teachers and that they love us. And the bonds that I have formed with my friends over the years is certainly something special. As the rising Senior Chaplain, I am excited to see what God has planned for our school year and I can't wait to see RCS grow over the next few years.

Posted March 11, 2013
I would like to be up front and state that I am currently the Principal at Richmond Christian School. I came into this role in August of 2012. I would be happy to speak to anyone about the current status of our school. I would like to address a few of the concerns stated below: High School Academics: As of the fall of 2013, RCS will be offering 12 AP Courses to help meet the academic needs of our highest achievers. Students will also be able to utilize an online classroom environment to take four different foreign languages. We have also implemented a much more thorough "Academic Intervention" program for students who struggle with achievement, motivation, organization, or other difficulties. This program is intended to help students become better prepared for high levels of learning, while still placing an appropriate amount of responsibility on the student. One reviewer below stated having multiple Bible teachers as a negative. I do not see it that way. We do not seek to indoctrinate our children with the opinions of one or two teachers. While teaching styles may change, Biblical truth does not change from teacher to teacher. Thank you. God bless. Go Warriors! All For Him!

Richmond Christian School
6511 Belmont Rd, Chesterfield, VA  23832
Last modified Richmond Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Richmond Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 104 reviews. Top