No rating

Heritage Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 62 students

Student diversity

Living in Chesterfield

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $172,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,070.

Posted May 23, 2006

My daughter came to HCA from public school as an 8th grader with significant ADD. I could not have asked for greater teachers or administrative staff to work with about my child's schooling or needs. The teachers are mentors to the children, developing their characters; working on integrity; and encouraging them to strive for academic excellence. The biggest difference that I see is the Christian community within the school itself from teacher to teacher; teacher to parent; student to student. The older students also mentor the younger ones something seldom seen in public school. This school has been a God send to my daughter and my family. One of the best well rounded private schools in the Richmond area.

Posted May 18, 2006

We love this school. Our three children have been here for four years. Our daughter graduates this year and we couldn't be more pleased with her education and the person she has become. Heritage has a nurturing and caring group of teachers. They really do love the children and want the very best for them. Heritage is the best Christian school around in my book!

Posted May 18, 2006

Our family has been truly blessed with the teachers,faculty,and staff at HCA.We have children at both campuses and they are excelling academicaly,spirtualy,and with extra curicular activities.I would encourage parents to visit the school.

Posted May 18, 2006

Our family has a pre-schooler, an elementary student, and a middlel-school student. We are happy to send our children to HCA for academics and the Christian education experience (which certainly includes, but also transcends academics) even though we live in Chesterfield County with its own top-notch schools. We value the Christian world-view, the teachers and staff approach to daily issues, and the carefully chosen curriculum. The engagement of our families and parents creates a learning community that bands together towards the common goal of creating Christian leaders for tomorrow. I'm glad my children will be products of this environment.

Posted May 18, 2006

There are very few private christian schools that will accept students with an I.E.P. Heritage Christian School was willing to accept my child knowing they would have to make accommodations for her. Not only the teachers but also the princpal worked with us those first few months as she settled into a more academic environment then she ever had in the past. As the year progressed one teacher in particular came along side her and challenged her to strive for excellence in her work. Although it hasn`t been an easy road she would tell you the struggles have all been worth it. Aside from academics I wanted my daughter to be surrounded by adults who were concerned about charater development and one that valued integrity. The staff at HCA demonstrate both of those qualities and I have seen the changes in my daughter . We am blessed.

Posted May 17, 2006

HCA has been a true blessing to my family. My 4 yr old needed some special attention w/ the change in her life style. While she was only in prek the staff @ HCA took her in & helped her along the way. The entire staff knows her by first name as well as me - when I call the school I do not have to id myself as 'Logan's' mom all I have to say is it is Teresa. I love it - God knew what was best for our family we will continue w/. HCA - the ratio of children to teacher is wonderful, chapel prayer & the bible in class is the best. The manners that the kids take from HCA is outstanding. The price is this private school is well worth the piece of mind and faith that comes w/ it. GO HCA..We love you!

Posted May 17, 2006

My child was in public high school before we considered private school. Since she has been at Heritage her behaviour,personal choices, and grades have changed dramatically. The staff at the school has a terrific no-tolerance policy for any negative behaviour. Within a few weeks it was obvious that the negative influences experienced in public school would not be a problem here because they are quickly handled. All the children, regardless of religion or ethnicity, are treated equally. The only ones not treated equally are those that are causing problems. It is refreshing to have my child in a school that doesn't ignore the bad behaviour in favor of isolating the well behaved child just to avoid confrontation. My child speaks up instead of staying quiet because they listen. The school may not be perfect but it was the right choice for us. I would not go back to public school.

Posted May 17, 2006

My children have been at Heritage for the past 2 years. They were warm and open when I interviewed with the principal. They have a strong academic program and have since added a various selection of clubs and activities for the students. They expect the students to be leaders among their peers and show christian character. To me, I wouldn't expect anything different in a Christian School. That is exactly why I chose Heritage. A place where my children could achieve their academic goals and yet still be held to an acceptable standard of behavior.

Posted May 17, 2006

My daughter and my son attend HCA. My daughter has been there for four years and my son started this year. I could not imagine my children anywhere else. The academic program is excellent and the values the children are learning are priceless. My daughter has blossomed from a shy introverted child into a confident and well spoken young lady, in large part due to the influence of not only her great teachers, but the entire staff. They care about the total child. Every child and family is treated with the love and respect that God calls us to give one another. I feel so blessed to be a part of the HCA family.

Posted May 17, 2006

HCA has been a breath of fresh air! My daughter has ADD and when she was in public school we felt as though she was lost in the shuffle. When we put her in HCA in middle school, as a parent, I felt that I was included in her education again. I am able to discuss any questions at any time with her teachers. I feel that it is a partnership between our family and HCA to make sure that my daughter gets the best education possible. Any time that I have either needed to speak either with teachers or the administration I was always made to feel welcome and they have always made time for me. My daughter is doing wonderfully and I would never consider putting her back into public school.

Posted July 19, 2004

Do you want to know if it is worth sending your kids to a private christian school? You need to talk to the students and the parents and ask them about their experiences. We have 3 boys, 8, 6 and 2 years old. We can help answer questions you may have about this wonderful school! We are so blessed to have found this school and we will never go back to public school again! foster@bww.com

Posted April 29, 2004

Academics are well-achieved, but the most striking thing I find at this school is the character in the kids. These teachers love these kids! They diligently and consistently work on the children's attitude and character. What a Blessing to see this in a school setting! My first experience seeing this came when my daughter went to test at the school for her first year and her friend came along and waited with me out on the playground. She was very shy, but several children came gently to her and introduced themselves and asked if she wanted to play. Surprisingly, as it was not her usual response to something like this, she went ahead and they were extremely kind and sensitive to her. Wow! It's been three years now and it's only gotten better!

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Clarinda Cole
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7777 Cogbill Road