Chesterfield, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted March 26, 2014
Guardian Christian Academy is a wonderful Christ-centered school. All teachers in the graded school are Virginia state certified and they are given the freedom to teach children how they learn. Unlike the focus on testing and data we have witnessed in the local public schools, GCA is focused on educating the whole child. Our daughter has blossomed this year and we couldn't be happier.

Guardian Christian Academy 1

Posted March 23, 2014
I previously gave GCA a high rating based on my preschool experience; however after seeing the workings of the graded school, I removed my child as did 3 other friends with similar experiences. A summary of my dislikes: 1- I was a very involved parent, a room mom in fact, and when I called the Principal to discuss a decision a teacher made to take children outside in a thunderstorm, she never bothered to return my call. However, when they managed to mess our account and incorrectly thought we had a balance, the principal herself called to advise we would not get a report card until the balance was paid. When I send proof of the error she did not call back to apologize- sent an email instead. 2-The principal is not visible and does not appear to have a relationship with most students. Very selective. School leaders should always be at the front door greeting students in the morning. Only saw her 1 day the entire school year. 3- most importantly, when my child got to public school I discovered that GCA is BEHIND in teaching approaches, technology, and standards. Two GCA students at our new school are enrolled in special programs to help them catch up with their grade level.

Posted March 17, 2014
I have had two children at GCA for 5 years (K-5th) and I have been very pleased with the education, the teacher attentiveness to the students, and the overall environment. The kids and teachers all care about one another and the Christian values instilled at this age have really helped my children as they have aged. The academic curriculum is challenging without being overwhelming, and social and academic expectations are higher than what we were seeing in the county school.

Posted February 25, 2014
Guardian Christian Academy has certainly earned our highest recommendation. Most importantly, we appreciate our child being endowed with the educational balance we were seeking, which includes Christian character building and discipline in a caring atmosphere. Obvious results from dedicated teachers and support staff produce, as evidenced by us, a "happy" satisfied student and "happy" parents, giving us the confidence and support every parent seeks. Our student loves learning and attending Guardian Christian Academy. Their all encompassing and structural EDUCATIONAL program targets your child's progress and individuality. The ease of parent/teacher communication and encouragement of parental involvement provides access to information regarding your child's progress and needs at all times. A happy well-intentioned spirit emanates throughout GCA's programs, staff and support, and allows opportunities anytime for volunteering.

Posted February 22, 2014
I am extremely pleased with the education my son is receiving at GCA. He is a 3rd grader, and has been attending GCA since preschool. Aside from the nurturing, loving environment faculty and staff, the education is phenomenal. There are only 12 other students in my son's class, which affords him ample opportunity to ask questions and get a great deal of personalized attention. When I served as a Watchdog for a day at GCA, our decision to enroll my son was confirmed when I saw how they incorporated God's love into every single subject, in every lesson. I felt incredibly blessed to witness this, particularly at a time when our public school system seems determined to remove God from our classrooms. Another area that I was pleasantly surprised about, was the very reasonable tuition. I would highly recommend GCA to anyone exploring Christian, private school options in the greater Richmond/Chesterfield area.

Posted February 20, 2014
Great school! Our daughter has been attending GCA for 6 years and loves it. The teachers are dedicated and very "hands on" with each child's education and development. GCA gets an A+ from us.

Posted February 20, 2014
Fantastic School! We have had a wonderful experience teaming with GCA. Guardian has offered our kids a warm, friendly, and caring environment in which they have grown academically, but also spiritually and socially. The teachers are wonderful. They truly care about each student and are willing to go above and beyond to ensure each child reaches his full potential. We are also excited about the start of the new high school this year. Sending our kids to Guardian is one of the best choices we have made when it comes to our childrens' education. We look forward to working with the staff for years to come!

Guardian Christian Academy 4

Posted February 19, 2014
We have been at GCA for 7 years. We love it. I'm a VERY involved parent. I'm in constant contact with the teachers. My daughter has thrived GREATLY at GCA. I would recommend GCA to others for sure.

Posted January 14, 2014
We are a 5th year GCA family and feel incredibly blessed to have discovered this school. The teachers love the Lord and have the genuine best interest of the student in mind. Our student has grown academically, socially and is developing a strong biblical worldview. Other reviews written are very confusing to me. We are very involved parents at the school, spending several hours each week volunteering. We do not see the accusations that have been made. Many, many parents are involved in the planning and executing of events. And there are abundant opportunities for others to jump in and assist. For 5 years I have witnessed the majority of students and families love and support one another in school and personal lives. It is true that the school is a ministry of Southside Church, which is obvious to any new family. GCA must partner with the church and the school board for many decisions, this may be frustrating to some, however the resources provided to us by Southside Church are abundant and heighten the experience our students are able to have. GCA is a wonderful school, we will enthusiastically enroll our student for a 6th year.

Guardian Christian Academy 1

Posted January 11, 2014
Our child attended this school for only one year because we were not pleased. His teacher was lazy and didn't appear to love her job. Our child had to be continually tutored because he learned nothing. The staff is rude and not friendly at all, it's like they are bothered. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Guardian Christian Academy
6851 Courthouse Road, Chesterfield, VA  23832
Last modified Guardian Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-10
Guardian Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top