Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This is our granddaughter's 3rd year at this school and I cannot say enough good things about the teachers. I have not met one that I can say anything negative about. They have all been great!

Amount of homework: Agree

Most of the time I feel it is the right amount. Once in awhile I think it is a little too much, but I don't think it is ever overwhelming. I think there just isn't always enough time to get everything in at school even though I think they try hard to do that.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They hold the children accountable for their behavior and help them make good choices so they can learn and make good choices on their own later in life.

They are so proactive about any issues that might come up in the school. They make sure the children get the best experience available.

Great communication between teachers and parents. Any questions or concerns I have had, have been addressed immediately. New to the school, but so far it has been a good experience!

My daughter attended this school! Wonderful faculty and staff. Tons of parental involvement. Worked to make sure my child improved academically, but were also concerned about her social and emotional growth as well!

This school is a nightmare. The teachers belittle their students. You can clearly tell that you are judged by the address you live at. The principal is stuck up for no reason and could care less about the children. Keep your children away from this school! The staff is nothing but Unorganized and stuck up individuals! Rude and mean!

This school is located off of Courthouse Road in Chesterfield, Virginia. Students Kindergarten through fifth grade.

Our family has been at Gates for five years. We have been really pleased with the overall quality of education. For the most part, we loved all of our teachers. Even the ones that weren't exceptional were still good teachers. We have seen amazing improvements at the school in recent years and are especially impressed by the new Scholastic Book Room. Thank you to the PTA and everyone who made the Book Room possible! I've found that by treating the staff in the front office reasonably and respectfully, they warmed up to me rather quickly. Consequently, they are always helpful and pleasant when I go into the office.

OB Gates has been an awesome experience for both my kids. The staff is very helpful and always has a smile on their face when I walk into the office. I cannot say enough about the teachers and how much my children have learned the past few years. Whenever I need information or when I need to speak with the teachers they are very accommodating for my busy schedule. Both my kids come home with all the information needed for me to know what is going on. I feel very confident that my children are in a very safe environment and that they are getting a high quality education.

Last modified O B Gates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.