Bad
Good

My daughter attended kindergarten at CPS during the 2012-2013 academic year. While there, she did seem to enjoy it and made lots of new friends. This school has open classrooms. Meaning there are no walls. Classrooms are divided by storage cabinets. This was a concern for me but they actually make it work. This is a very large school with (I feel) large classroom sizes. My daughters kindergarten class was 21:1 with no teachers aid. Homework was few and far between. The classroom work my daughter would bring home had errors on it that were not corrected by the teacher. We have since changed schools. As soon as I walked into her new school I knew she was behind in reading and writing and she did play catch up the beginning of her 1st grade year. Which was frustrating for her. I did like that having lunch with your child in the cafeteria was encouraged but the front office could be much more friendlier and welcoming. They do have a spring carnival that is fun and gives parents an opportunity to meet. I think, average is a fair rating for this school.

I think this school is great, especially the Kindergarten class that gives such great attention, not only academics but to the building of the student's character.

My daughter's K teacher was very accomodating anytime I had a concern or question. The kids have a great time and there are a lot of tasks they have to do themselves to promote responsibility.

Last modified Christiansburg Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2