PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Small student to teacher ratio (averaging 19 kids per class) gives both advanced students and non-traditional learners the one-on-one attention and opportunities they need to reach their full potential. The school fosters a caring environment which feels more like an extended-family. The award-winning teachers and staff mentor students to win state-wide competitions in Battle of the Books, Math Counts, and Robotics Club. Students at St. Andrews have a very high acceptance rate to prestigious high schools, where they continue to excel.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The students are working years above grade level, yet there is such a stress-free environment. Effective teaching and fantastic students make this possible.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Amazing, amazing school where all teachers assign grades honestly based on student merit, not on favoritism.

Amazing school! We transferred here from another private school and I am so happy we did. My child graduated St Andrews this past year, and it prepared her for all honors courses at an elite private school. The teachers, principal, administrators, fathers, and everyone in this community made us feel part of a big family. This is a school where the staff cares not about a paycheck, but about instilling a good education and values, and makes your child thrive in this environment. Of course, if there was a sports program, that would make put the icing on the cake, but I wouldn't change coming here for anything. This is a rare place where role models are the norm, not the exception.

I have 8 kids ranging in age from 12 to 7 months old. Catholic School is very important to my family. I love that St. Andrew The Apostle School has a strong faith based education. The teachers each put the students first in everything they do. They are great role models besides teachers. The staff is very pleasant and helpful each day. Anytime you call the school you talk to a live person, not an automated voice. The Principal works each day to ensure that the school environment is a safe and productive place. The church Pastor and staff are very supportive of the school. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to anyone who values their faith and their child's education.

After transferring from the local public school system to St. Andrews, our experience has been beyond positive. We are thrilled with the academics and are continually impressed by the faculty's ability to teach across curriculum. No learning opportunity is ignored. Student's happiness and well being are top priorities and the thoughtfulness of faculty and staff is felt by students and parents alike. The small environment has been wonderful at meeting each child's strengths and areas of concern. Safety was an important issue with us when we transferred and I feel confident in the school's ability to handle a crisis. I noticed an earlier review that stated students attend mass twice a week, but in the time that we have been there, mass is once a week. I'm thankful we were able to find this gem of a school.

I have two younger children at St. Andrew and I am a very happy parent. My children are thriving in this school due to the challenging curriculum, the dedicated staff and teachers, and the very loving environment. This is a small school (only one class per grade) where all the teachers and staff, even those that do not teach your child, will actually know your children, what grade they attend and their siblings. I love this. The older students have an almost sisterly/brotherly bond amongst classmates because they have grown together. Saint Andrew's students are very respectful and are taught to be kind. I volunteer often (which is very welcomed) and have yet to see one instance of bullying. There is a lot of parent involvement and a lot of wonderful families made us feel welcome. I highly recommend this wonderful school to anyone considering private education for their children.

We selected St. Andrew s and couldn't be happier! After moving from out of state to Northern Virginia and looking at MANY schools, we chose St. Andrew s. We were looking for a greater academic challenge for our children as well as a safe, faith-filled and nurturing environment. At St. Andrew s we have found just that and more. From the moment we contacted the school, we felt welcome. Throughout the application process, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They worked around our traveling schedule to have the principal give us a personal school tour. During our tour, we experienced St. Andrew s first-hand and also learned that the school has a full-time nurse, which was very important to us. Today, our children attend St. Andrew s, and they are thriving. They are happy, and we are happy! They are receiving the personal attention we were looking for. Areas where they were already strong are even stronger and others that needed some improvement have improved beyond what we thought possible in such a short amount of time. Every school member faculty, staff, students and parents cares, and it shows. It feels great to be a part of St. Andrew s! We highly recommend it.

St. Andrews is great! I sent all three of my children there. A few years into their education, we did end up pulling them due to financial reasons. After a year an a half in the public school, we ended up going back to St. Andrews. It was like going home and they were more than willing to help us out financially. From the extremely friendly front office staff, to the amazing school nurses (actual RN's) and the new principal, Mrs. Sigg, that has been there three years, it is just a place you want your children to spend their days. I can't even begin to brag about the teachers. They are so caring and treat the children as if they are their own. They will go to the ends of the earth to make sure ALL the children are successful. I would not put my children in any other school... ever! Another great change in recent years is the priests. Father Kelly and Father Mullaney have a real presence in the school, even helping out at recess and carpool. The children love it!! You will NOT regret your decision if you send your child(ren) to St. Andrew the Apostle School.

Last modified St. Andrew the Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8