Colonial Heights, VA

Posted November 16, 2013
Very friendly from the office staff to teachers to administration. They know who I am and who my kids are. I have 3 kids in the school and all have had great teachers and are doing well here, I am also very involved and always seem welcomed to volunteer.

Marguerite F Christian Elementary School 1

Posted September 25, 2013
Unfriendly environment. Utilizes the method of yelling to try to control students. Very little interaction between administration and parents. The resignation of entire PTA in 2012 reflects the distance and dis-accord between high achievers and administration. Consistency in low SOL scores reflects my views based on first-hand experiences with staff. Favoritism displayed in CBG program by teacher. Do not reward deserving hard working students in achievements with certificates. I had refused to believe the negatives I heard about the school and still sent my child there. Sadly, I am at the verge of taking my child out. Very disappointed, very sad. By the way, this has nothing to do with my child's performance, because my child got all A's in the SOL and Honors in class in 2012.

Posted May 16, 2013
I love the school. My son is in the 2nd grade and he has been there since kindergarden. The communication in the school is wonderful. I know people have there own opinions but as a parent I stay active with almost everyone in the school. Education is very important to me and this school is excellent. They help me in so many ways. I requested a meeting with the some of the office staff and they agreed with out knowing all of the details of the meeting. I found that very heartwarming because they made time in their very busy schedules to talk with me. I think the meeting was more so to calm my nerves rather than to talk about my kid...and for that I thank them. I love this school. Mrs. Lentz is so down to earth and she get on the parents level and that made me feel not so alone. In my mind the head of the school is all about business and is on a tight schedule, but not her. She is very down to earth and I like that in her. Actually the whole front office iss friendly and down to earth. I feel so welcome.

Posted April 21, 2012
This is a fantastic school. The parent involvement is wonderful. I would hands down say the PTA is the best in the county. My son is on his 5th year and has never had 1 single problem. No one gets bussed in from the city, how ludicrous. There are always so many wonderful events being held by the school the PTA. People need to get over themselves and see this school for what it really is. Anyone that gets a waiver to another school is only hurting themselves and not to mention their property value. Another great thing about this school is the gifted program is held there. If your kid is fortunate enough to get into the program then it is very beneficial, just make sure to request they be tested in December.

Marguerite F Christian Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2012
This school has been terrible for our child. This school lacks strong leadership! The principal offers no support for teachers or parents. I needed to have a conference with my daughters teacher and I wanted her to sit in on the conference. The principal told me that she would be unable to attend because she had a hair appt. Does this show her character or what? The behavior issues at this school are over the top, nothing gets down about the issues, only excuses are offered. I would not advise sending your child/children to this school.

Marguerite F Christian Elementary School 2

Posted October 17, 2011
This school has been a terrible environment for my child. The school is a title I school and receives federal assistance when at-risk children are bussed in from the city. The more at-risk children they get, the more funds the school gets. The hotels in Chester have become apartments for immigrants which also attend the school. It is a rough environment. I know that the staff does care and tries their best, but they seem very overwhelmed with behavioral issues. I would not advise sending your children there. It is pretty much the same as sending them to a school in Richmond City.

Marguerite F Christian Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
My son loves it! His teachers are very competent as well as caring. The principal has always addressed any concerns that may arise. The kids are very sweet.

Marguerite F Christian Elementary School 3

Posted March 27, 2010
I urge you to check out the SOL test scores over the past 3 years. The scores reflect the quality of administrators and teachers alike at this school. Most every score and most every classroom have dropped below state standards. It is sad to see this school go in this direction.

Marguerite F Christian Elementary School 3

Posted July 14, 2009
Teachers are great, especially in the CBG program. Resource programs are also outstanding. However, the school is large and we often feel like just another number, especially to the front office staff. I find their competencies lacking. Also, there is a lack of willingness to communicate with parents, given the size of the school. Not a very friendly atmosphere compared to other schools in the county.

Posted May 28, 2009
Great school. Great Parent Participation. Teachers are great and caring . Some come see your kids in outside of school activities and cheer them on . The kids love the Teachers . Great New School Thats on its way to the top .Great CBG Program . Highly recommend. Great Chesterfield school. Librarian very nice. Staff in Office very friendly welcoming, helpful . And parents are encouraged to come participate in Fun nights and other activities planned in the school.

Marguerite F Christian Elementary School
14801 Woods Edge Rd., Colonial Heights, VA  23834
Last modified Marguerite F Christian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marguerite F Christian Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top