Colonial Heights, VA

Posted August 15, 2015
I moved to Colonial Heights just so my children could attend Tussing. As a teacher within another school division I look at this school with a little envy. This is how a school should be run! The teachers and the administrator are amazing. They honestly have your children's best interest in mind. The school creates a sense of family. Children are cared for and you honestly feel safe about sending them there. This was my oldest child's last year at Tussing and I actually cried because she had to leave the school. Feel safe sending your child to this school! I LOVE TUSSING!!!!

Posted September 02, 2011
My son has attended this school since kindergarten and we have loved it! The staff is very caring and loving and I truly love the front office! They know every child and Mr Staples and Mrs Johnson-Eley run that school with a firm but loving hand!

Posted April 09, 2010
Absolutely a great school! We are a military family and this is the school we compare other schools against! Everything is just wonderful; super teachers that genuinely live the kids, and so much for them to do! I would agree with the 4 stars for extracurricular activities because they could use some additional activities that are separate from PTO activities. Other than that, a very nurturing environment for your child! -Heather Lenz

Posted October 16, 2003
I attended Tussing Elementary as a child, and now my daughter is experiencing this wonderful school! I can't even begin to say what a terrific school Tussing is. Teachers, administration, parents - everyone connected to this school. They have been more help to our family than I think any other elementary school around could possibly be. I don't know how we would have made it through without their support! If you want the best Tussing Elementary tops them all!

Posted October 11, 2003
We've been out of the school environment for 36+ yrs.When we gained custody of our 8 yr old granddaughter we needed help! The entire Tussing staff stepped up to the bat. We have had constant support and encouragement. We thank God for the Tussing staff and all the parents. Now that we are retired, we want to give back as much support as we can to the school system that has given our family so much. In fact they have become a precious part of our family.

Tussing Elementary School
5501 Conduit Rd, Colonial Heights, VA  23834
Last modified Tussing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tussing Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top