Dry Fork, VA

Posted December 31, 2011
Students all said "Ma'am" and "Sir"; quiet hallways, polite teachers, friendly office staff--one of the principals was a bit, less than enthusiastic but I suppose I would be too if i were a principal. God bless THS!

Tunstall High School 2

Posted March 03, 2011
I moved my small family from Caswell County, NC to the Tunstall High School district because of Tunstall's reputation of being the best school in the area and this is what we found: a principle who never smiles or has a kind word to say except to a very select few of her buddies, you can never get through to anyone on the phone, the couple of very nasty teachers who feel it is more important to be popular than do their job make the school day a very long and sad one for many of the students, virtually no communication from the school to the parents, no uplifting events promoting honor students, very few extra curricular activities (other than sports), very low student moral, last minute notice of parent teacher meetings, I have been disappointed in the staff on many levels and if this is the best the school system has to offer I feel very sorry for the children of the State of Virginia. However, there are a handful of very good teachers at Tunstall who do their job well and professionally with kindness: Ms. Dallas, Mr. Sleeper, Ms. White, & Mr. Myers, that is all, for now.

Posted July 20, 2009
As a former student, who atended other high schools, Tunstall is the best one by far. The teachers actually care and the administration is very nice. If you are moving Pittsylvania County I would defently trying to find a house in the Tunstall district.

Posted April 24, 2008

Posted May 26, 2007
- a former student
As a former student at Tunstall High School I think that the teacher involment is very high. The principal isn't very interactive with the students and should be enforced. There are poor involment with parents and there are a lot of confrontations at tunstall with the staff and parents. There are low displine with certain teachers encountering with 'certain students'. But overall this school isn't half bad as other schools in the county. I would concider my child to go to tunstall high because of their extracurricular activites and keeping my child out of trouble for the time being. I can proudly say that next year I graduate and can move on with my life. But still Tunstall is always going to be Tunstall, just like every other school in the county will be that same way.

Posted April 15, 2005

Posted March 25, 2005
I am a parent who actually moved my children from Henry County School System to the Pittsylvania County School System because of the reputation of Tunstall High School. The commitment to excellence in academics and other activities is a relief to anyone who has a child enrolled there. The only problem that I have is that sometimes the attitudes of the office staff leaves much to be desired. The office secretary is a delight, but others leave you with a less than pleasant feeling. However, overall I love Tunstall High School. My child has grown alot there.

Posted June 23, 2004
As a student that goes to Tunstall High School right now, I can honestly tell you that it's a wonderful school. Our academics, teachers and staff, principals, and students are wonderful. We stay accredited and it's with much help from our principals and teachers. I'll miss going to Tunstall after I graduate this year. It's a wonderful school. Parents are telling other parents to move to a location that their children may be able to go to Tunstall because of our academics and our extracurricular activities. I have learned a lot from Tunstall that I can carry on with me after I graduate.

Tunstall High School
100 Trojan Cir, Dry Fork, VA  24549
Last modified Tunstall High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tunstall High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top