Dumfries, VA

Posted June 23, 2014
My Two daugters love their school and all the teachers very nice The principal (Mrs Soltis), She remember all the name of student then parents too. this is awsome school in my area. Thanks for all the teachers and staff there.

Posted January 21, 2014
I think this school is a wonderful learning system. The fundraisers seem very excellent, and other activities as well. The principal (Mrs Soltis) is a very nice principal and tries to do anything to help kids and adults. The teachers there are very helpful and will help kids. There are also tutors there that help kids improve on there skills, and when the tutoring is over, the kids has learned a lot. If you are planning to enroll your child to a school, choose this one!

Posted September 30, 2013
Why is Montclair such a great school? Enthusiastic teachers, involved parents, and a philosophy that encourages different learning styles means children are happy and engaged here. Montclair also has a very nice, safe location, on a quiet street in the heart of a beautiful neighborhood.

Posted July 16, 2013
My son attended Montclair from kindergarten to 5th grade. Mrs. Soltis (principal) is a fantastic leader and every teacher my son had was compassionate, enthusiastic, intelligent and a wonderful role model. I couldn't imagine my son going to any other school!

Posted September 24, 2012
I was in montclair since kindgarden and there have been good times.Even bad times.Some raises teachers.Some mean teachers.some nice teachers. Even though there was ALOT of drama but thats how it is everywhere it was a pretty good school but SAUNDRES is better -TheAwesomeOne

Montclair Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2012
The school also have a policy on field trips that is ridiculous. They will ONLY allow a few parents to attend. They hold a raffle to determine that. Even if you offer to take your own vehicle, they don't allow it. It's a very stand off school and does not leave a good feeling. We wish you the best if your child will be attending this school. It appears to be a great school from a distance. Perhaps you will get a great teacher and not have any of the issues that we have had. If not, be aggressive and don't allow the staff to push you around or ignore you. Stand up for your child.

Posted August 31, 2011
I have two sons, both enrolled at Montclair Elementary, and my husband and I are very pleased with the school in it's entirety. The building is very clean and well maintained, I feel it has good security practices in place to keep students safe and it is in a nice neighborhood. The indoor gym, library and computer room are beautiful. The teachers my children have had were wonderful, kind and professional. They worked everyday to create a positive learning environment for all of their students in their classrooms. I feel that the teachers, staff and principal go above and beyond to make Montclair a great place for children. I see many happy children on the days I have volunteered at the school. During the school year my children took part in some of the extra activities offered at Montclair. Their favorites were Robotics and Chess. Field Trips were offered as well. They have a beautiful philosophy at the school that encourages each student to do their personal best. More importantly, both of my sons are proud to be a student at Montclair. They love their school and their teachers, they are looking forward to the start of this 2011 school year.

Posted June 17, 2011
We transferred to Montclair from Fitzgerald & very glad we did. The teachers my son has are great, the Principal & Ass't Principl are very approachable & truly care about the development of the children. The Multiple Intelligences philsophy is such a wonderful approach to help all children learn in the way that best fits them vs the traditional way of expecting all kids to understand all concepts the same way. I highly recommend Montclair Elementary!! Would appreciate the Parent Teacher Assoc more if they distributed info using the school website--the mtg times are geared for non-working parents.

Posted November 17, 2009

Posted May 13, 2009
I so do not agree with the previous parent. It sounds like she would not be happy no matter where her child was placed. Montclair is a wonderful school and the teachers work very hard to help their students. Not all teachers are created equal and because they are just 'people' they are apt to make mistakes too. That is life but you must try to work with the teacher to get the best from them and for your child as well. There is only one month left of school, it is much too late to expect any changes now. if you saw a problem developing, you should have mentioned it in October. I have found Mrs. Soltis to be a very concerned and active principal. I always see her when I go to the school and she is always open and available to talk to.

Montclair Elementary School
4920 Tallowwood Dr, Dumfries, VA  22025
Last modified Montclair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montclair Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top