Dumfries, VA

Dumfries Elementary School 3

Posted August 01, 2014
The School is great, at least in their academics. I have 3 children in the school and so far they have all had some amazing teachers! They have help my kids in so many ways. My only, and biggest issue with this school has been the front desk. I have been insulted and talked to as if I was trash by the ladies that work there. Their treatment of people has been appalling. I have had so many moms complain about them, and talked to the principal about them, but nothing has changed. I brace myself every time I have to go or call the school. Other than that it is a good school.

Posted May 06, 2014
My son is in the Head Start program at Dumfries Elementary. I am very pleased with the Teachers and even the Bus driver and bus attendant. The school goes above and beyond to help my son learn new things everyday. They do a great job at promoting good behavior and helping children one on one to achieve their full potential!

Dumfries Elementary School 1

Posted May 05, 2014
Don't be fooled. This school is horrible. Institutionalized bullying from teachers and staff is rampant. My 6 year old child who performs brilliantly academically is constantly being bullied by the teachers and staff. Want an example? My child, a 6 year old, will be excluded from the schools "Dragon Pride" Fun Day...Why? Because he received a behavior notice!....I am all for promoting good behavior but how can we promote good behavior by institutionalizing bad behavior?

Posted September 18, 2009
I have three children one has graduated from high school, one is in high school and one just started in the pre-school program at Dumfries. I also have a niece and nephew that attend Dumfries Elementary. I have stayed in the Dumfries district so that my children could attend. The administration at Dumfries has always taken care of their children as if they were their own. The school is older and smaller than some of the newer schools, but there is a warm loving atmosphere and that helps the children learn as well.

Posted June 11, 2009
I have two children attending Dumfries elementary. I have to say that I am so pleased with the outstanding dedication and enthusiasm of the teaching staff. Dumfries is a small school and has an older building but they use every piece of space to further the children's education and spark innovation and creativity. Everyone from your child's teacher, to the lunch ladies and even the SAC before/afterschool staff gives their best to the children. The front office staff will get to know you and your children, meaning when you show up to the school they are kind and welcoming. My children have thrived under the direction of the staff at Dumfries Elementary. The school truly takes the 'It takes a village to raise a child' to heart.

Dumfries Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2009

Posted January 05, 2009
Fantastic Pre-School Special Education Teacher....Young, talented, giving. Loves the Children...and doesn't downgrade their abilities...Her students and parents are lucky to have her!!

Dumfries Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2008
Mr. Mahalchick, 2nd Grade teacher has been a great asset and inspiration for my chld. He cares and believe in the potential of his students. I sincerely believe Mr. Mahalchick would be a good candidate for Principal or Vice-Principal in the future.

Dumfries Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2007
Great school. Teachers are good. The principal is awesome.

Dumfries Elementary School
3990 Cameron St, Dumfries, VA  22026
Last modified Dumfries Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dumfries Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top