Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Great school!! ALL of the teachers give 110% . My son had Ms Newman in both kindergarten and later in 2nd grade and she was phenomenal. I have another child entering into kindergarten this year and wish she could be her teacher. The office staff is very friendly and the school counselor Ms Henderson is very resourceful and hands on with the students. I'm not sure why this school has such low rating because this school is excellent all the way around. I would highly recommend it to any parent looking for a quality school, with caring teachers that provide constant feedback in regards to their child's progress.

Mrs. Coleman has been a wonderful addition to Dumfries elementary as the principal. The teachers are amazing and seem to really care about each and every student. The office staff is so kind and helpful. I can not say enough good things. I am so happy my children attend Dumfries Elementary.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Mrs. Coleman, principal, has been a wonderful addition to Dumfries Elementary. She is a very hands-on principal who cares not only for the students but the parents and community as well. The teachers are amazing and you can truly tell how much their care about their students. The office staff is very kind and helpful. I can not say enough good things about Dumfries Elementary.

The School is great, at least in their academics. I have 3 children in the school and so far they have all had some amazing teachers! They have help my kids in so many ways. My only, and biggest issue with this school has been the front desk. I have been insulted and talked to as if I was trash by the ladies that work there. Their treatment of people has been appalling. I have had so many moms complain about them, and talked to the principal about them, but nothing has changed. I brace myself every time I have to go or call the school. Other than that it is a good school.

My son is in the Head Start program at Dumfries Elementary. I am very pleased with the Teachers and even the Bus driver and bus attendant. The school goes above and beyond to help my son learn new things everyday. They do a great job at promoting good behavior and helping children one on one to achieve their full potential!

Don't be fooled. This school is horrible. Institutionalized bullying from teachers and staff is rampant. My 6 year old child who performs brilliantly academically is constantly being bullied by the teachers and staff. Want an example? My child, a 6 year old, will be excluded from the schools "Dragon Pride" Fun Day...Why? Because he received a behavior notice!....I am all for promoting good behavior but how can we promote good behavior by institutionalizing bad behavior?

I have three children one has graduated from high school, one is in high school and one just started in the pre-school program at Dumfries. I also have a niece and nephew that attend Dumfries Elementary. I have stayed in the Dumfries district so that my children could attend. The administration at Dumfries has always taken care of their children as if they were their own. The school is older and smaller than some of the newer schools, but there is a warm loving atmosphere and that helps the children learn as well.

I have two children attending Dumfries elementary. I have to say that I am so pleased with the outstanding dedication and enthusiasm of the teaching staff. Dumfries is a small school and has an older building but they use every piece of space to further the children's education and spark innovation and creativity. Everyone from your child's teacher, to the lunch ladies and even the SAC before/afterschool staff gives their best to the children. The front office staff will get to know you and your children, meaning when you show up to the school they are kind and welcoming. My children have thrived under the direction of the staff at Dumfries Elementary. The school truly takes the 'It takes a village to raise a child' to heart.

Fantastic Pre-School Special Education Teacher....Young, talented, giving. Loves the Children...and doesn't downgrade their abilities...Her students and parents are lucky to have her!!

Mr. Mahalchick, 2nd Grade teacher has been a great asset and inspiration for my chld. He cares and believe in the potential of his students. I sincerely believe Mr. Mahalchick would be a good candidate for Principal or Vice-Principal in the future.

Last modified Dumfries Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.