Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grateful to: Student

Posted May 20, 2016
If you're still a student at this horrible school, wow! Just wow! You have lasted a lifetime at this dump of a school.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 20, 2016
I honestly don't know what the teachers are doing, they dont seem to care at all.

Posted May 11, 2015
This is a great school with great opportunities for kids I can't believe how many specialty programs they offer there is something for every type of kid my kids will enjoy being at the school they have criminal justice they have culinary arts they have a welding programthey also have a Cambridge program and a project lead the way program I am so glad I came to the school to see for myself the principal is very nice and he seems to care for the school if you want your kids to go to a great high school check out Potomac for yourself

Posted February 22, 2015
A wonderful school. Makes you feel like you are a part of a family!!! I miss my Potomac Family!!!

Posted June 05, 2014
This school is a diamond in disguise. It's unfortunate the past reputation of this school perpetuates through the rumor mill. The principal shows great leadership and is regularly seen around the school and at after school activities (the same for many of the teachers and administrative staff). We are a military family and this was our teen's 1st year here (junior). Our teen is in the Cambridge program which has a very challenging curriculum and we feel our teen is very well prepared for any college. The class sizes are smaller and our teen has been treated and expected to perform as a college student. The counselors and administration have gone beyond the call of duty and have been very responsive to our concerns (prior credits/test scores, graduation requirements, etc) . The teachers are top notch, care about students' education, and are involved with supporting clubs & extra curricular activities; even concession stand duty for the booster club. It's unfortunate many parents aren't as involved; many work in the DC metro area and have long commutes and bad traffic). It appears the majority of the students come from working class homes where both parents work outside the home.

Posted April 18, 2014
Excellent facilities, great JROTC program, great classes, very clean, good teachers. The Principal plays an active role in all actitives. My daughter is happy, and I am happy. Great school!!!

Posted February 23, 2014
My son is a senior this year and his overall experience at Potomac has been great and the same was for my daughter who attended Potomac and now she is a sophomore at Virginia Tech. Being involved in many sport and other civic activities makes the difference. There are excellent teachers who volunteer for after school activities and go beyond their way to teach and support the students. The new Principal is on top of all activities, his enthusiasm has reflected in many aspects of the school. Another important thing is the parents' involvement which will make a difference in this or any other school.

Posted February 19, 2014
Potomac is an excellent school with a diverse student body. The size of this school is one of its greatest strengths, and students get more attention than at other schools in the area.

Posted January 27, 2014
Potomac is a extremely diverse school which offers great academics, athletics and community service. Many of our graduates have gone on to successful careers in academics, medicine, business and the military.

Potomac High School 4

Posted January 27, 2014
The late 90s early 00s reputation of Potomac is not only unfairly casting its shadow on the success of our school, it has blinded many to the statistical results we have achieved. Thanks to Prince William County's outdated specialty school programs, many families have sent their kids to the "bigger" neighboring high schools where they just become one of the crowd. What I see at Potomac is nothing short of amazing given our diversity and hamstrung budget capabilities thanks to the horrible site based management strategy still dominating from the previous old boy network of former supervisor Kelly. Watch out $$$ schools of PWCS. We are on our way to actually earn our academic success through the dedication of the greatest staff in PWC and the leadership of the best principal I have worked under during my 10 year tenure. The fifth star is the one we will always be striving for.

3401 Panther Pride Drive, Dumfries, VA  22026
Last modified Potomac High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.