Posted November 06, 2013
This is a great school my daaughter went to swans creek and now my son that is in 3rd grade, They both love it and learned lots. I really like the teachers and the administrative staff I got possitive feed back and support with any concern that I had. They really care for the children.

Posted November 05, 2013
Both of my children went to this school for 6 years each, so I have 8 years of experience with this amazing school. The administration and staff are very caring, professional and responsive. The building is only 12 years old and recently went through an expansion and was updated with new technology. I absolutely love Swans Creek Elementary School.

Posted November 05, 2013
I have had 3 of my 4 children go through Swans Creek. I love this school. They are professional and caring for their students. Most of the staff choose to stay at Swans Creek for many years due to loving working there. That says a lot. They have an awesome PTA and activities for the students and the community as a whole. I highly recommend this school. The administrative staff is awesome and they really care about the kids. You will not find a better school. They have also made YPT and even the VA Governor's Award for educational excellence in the past 4 years. This is really a great school.

Posted November 05, 2013
My daughter spent 6 years at Swans Creek and I can't rave enough about this school! They are all professional from the staff in the office to all of the WONDERFUL teachers there! I thoroughly miss Swans Creek! Thank you for making the first 6 years of schooling for my daughter to be absolutely wonderful!

Posted January 22, 2013
This is a great school! My children are enjoying their classes, feel challenged and safe, and interact with a diverse population of peers. Teachers and administration are up to date on technology and encourage peer interaction. The office staff and administration is friendly and often seen encouraging and interacting with students and calling them by name. There are also many family activities throughout the year.

Swans Creek Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
My child has been in Swans Creek Elementary school since she was in Kindergarten. She will be going into the 3rd grade this year. The principles have been nothing short of wonderful. Everytime I go to visit, I am greeted with a smile by most of the office. I was not too impressed with my daughters 2nd grade year, teacher wise. I only met her one time and that was for back to school night. I dont feel she really went out of her way to get to know her children's parent either. That is why I only gave 4 stars. I love the fact that the children have to do extra reading and math work every month that counts for a grade. Swans Creek helped to foster my child's love of learning. She loved going to school every day there.

Posted April 05, 2011
We are a military family and we have 3 kids attending S.C. This is the 4th elementary school we have attended. I'm very impressed with the proactive teaching methods. Love that they have extra teachers that work with the homeroom teacher on math and reading, the school counseler and librarian are also active participants in the classroom. The art and music programs are really fun and they bring home great projects that belong in frames and not just on the fridge. The P.E. program teaches the kids about achieving a healthy lifetyle and getting them ready for physical tests that are required in higher grade levels. I do work with my kids on their school work and follow the teachers recommendations of extra home activities. "No child left behind" is a joint effort of parents and schools. I appreciate that they have programs to challenge the kids(they are in gifted program) even though there are different learning levels present in each class. Swans Creek supplies our kids a well rounded learning experience. When we have to move again we will all miss this school. We are having a great experience here and my kids love it. Family involvement in school life is critical,it works for us.

Swans Creek Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2010
I would not recommend anyone sending their child to this school. The staff is very rude and the principle and assistant principle should not be running any schools. They do not care about the welfare of your child education.

Swans Creek Elementary School 1

Posted April 14, 2010
The administration at Swan's Creek is very poor. Our child was threatened by another student and the incident involved a firearm and the school in my opinion took minimal disciplinary action. There are much better schools on the western part of the county.

Swans Creek Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2009

Swans Creek Elementary School
17700 Wayside Dr, Dumfries, VA  22026
Last modified Swans Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Swans Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top