Posted November 23, 2014
Excellent communication either on telephone or via email with the teachers. I have 2 kids on this school

Mary Williams Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2014
We are a military family and this was our first move with a school age child (4th grade). I was hesitant about this school based on the 5 out of 10 rating. However, after visiting the school and speaking with other parents, I quickly learned that it was a great fit for my daughter. We are especially thrilled with the SIGNET program for gifted children. Mrs. Ball is an amazing teacher who is really in tune with kids that need to be challenged to survive in school.

Posted May 23, 2013
Mary Williams Elementary is a great public school. Friendly and very helpful staff. My daughter went to this school from Kindergarten to 5th grade. A lot of the kids are well behaved. Reading and spelling was a priority for them, too. Teachers are all nice. Their SIGNET Program is a must for gifted children. This is an excellent program. I have nothing bad to say about this school.

Posted May 19, 2013
Mary Williams is a great public school! My son has attended the last two years and loves the staff and teachers. Ms. Coleman is an effective principal who is caring, educated, professional and also has a good sense of humor. She, along with the rest of the staff/teachers, genuinely care about the success and safety of the students. Only disappointment was lack of parent help and participation. As a former PTO member, we were constantly putting on events and fundraisers for the kids and school, but the same group of about 5-10 parents were the only ones who regularly attended, volunteered, and/or supported the efforts. This was frustrating given there are approximately 900 students at this school. Aside from that, we love it here!

Posted April 05, 2013
My child transferred into this school from a private school in the same area because I felt that school was failing miserably to give her a quality education and quality teaching. On visiting Mary Williams I was impressed with the facilities and attitude, if a little overwhelmed by the 800+ students at the school. My daughter has been there for about a year now and has made HUGE strides in every area of school life - reading, math, making friends, activities through the school. I highly recommend this public school - they really push hard for parents to be involved, although many aren't and they push education as the most important thing for your child, which is how it should be!

Posted March 04, 2013
I found this school a great place for my kid to achieve her education goals. I find their academic programs are challenging and great. The teachers have been fantastic. Mu daughter love this school very much. Her teacher Mrs. Fox is doing a great job in teaching.

Posted January 08, 2013
My daughter started at Mary williams since kindergarten she is now in 2nd grade and she has really loved all three teachers that she has had Mrs. Clampitt, Mrs. Fields and now her 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Bruce all great teachers. My son will be starting at Mary Williams next year and i'm very excited for him. I highly recommand this elementary school.

Posted August 25, 2012
My son has just completed his first year @ this school, headed to 3rd gr. He had a great year. His teacher Mrs. Bruce was great! The school staff is also very good, and the principal is a good leader/role model for all. It is however a very large school (around 1000 student mark) so it is very hard to get that small town, close knit group feel (like where we come from), But for such a large diverse school it is excellent!

Posted June 19, 2011
This is one of the best kept secrets of Prince William County. The teachers care about the children as individuals, the principal leads this by example, and the parents that are involved suppor the teachers and are wonderful with the kids.

Posted March 08, 2010
My kids have been at Mary Williams for 3 years now and have had great experiences with the school. Mrs. Jackson is a wonderful principal who knows my kids' by name (and not in a bad way). Their teachers have been fantastic. Very patient and have helped them become better kids, students and learners. It's a shame we are moving because of being military this summer. I certainly hope their next school is as great as Mary Williams has been.

Mary Williams Elementary School
3100 Panther Pride Dr, Dumfries, VA  22026
Last modified Mary Williams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Williams Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top