Fairfax Station, VA

Posted October 30, 2013
Montessori School of Holmes Run is fantastic!! My son is 3 and has been at Children's House since the second summer session this past summer. We tried another Montessori preschool before discovering MSHR and the postive difference in my son since he has been at Holmes Run is astounding!!! The teachers are very caring and are partient in answering parental questions, even from an inexperienced "school mom" such as myself. The PTO is welcoming and knowledgable. My husband and I are impressed with the quality of education even the youngest children receive.

Posted October 24, 2013
MSHR is a FANTASTIC school! If you are looking for a true Montessori education for your child, this is absolutely the place. I have two children in the school. My older child started at age 3 in their Children's House, and is now in 2nd Grade at their Upper School. My younger child, age 3, is in the Children's House preschool program. I am amazed every day at the work they are doing. My older child is doing long division in the 2nd grade! Your child works at their own pace, guided by expert Montessori teachers who truly care. My older child was briefly in another preschool before we found MSHR and needless to say, it was awful. The "teachers" were inexperienced and it was a chaotic environment. When we made the switch to MSHR, we were amazed at the serene environment that they manage to create. We sent our older child to a summer program at a fancy, expensive school in the area this past summer, and while the facilities were amazing and the staff was nice, my son every day told me how much he just wanted to go back to his school. That pretty much says it all. If you want a school that your child will want to go to everyday, MSHR is the place.

Posted March 20, 2013
This is an excellent school! Don't let the builiding fool you for the Elementary/MS programs. Yes, it is an older building but look past that and you will find a school that cares about your child and family with wonderful and qualified Montessori teachers. If you are looking for a quality Montessori education for your child, then this is the school for you! I have two children at the school, one at the CH and one at the US in the Lower Elementary program.

Posted November 30, 2010
My son has been with this Montessory school for 3 years, and he is now in the first grade. He know most of the first grade academic program, he was tought in kindergarten in this Montessory. Teachers are really great, they nurture kids strengths and polish the weaknesses in a balanced and academically appropriate way.

Posted July 17, 2010
The staff are very supportive and treat each child and situation individually. I have 2 children attending MSHR one in 3rd grade and one in 4th grade both with very different needs. My older son has focus problems. He spent one year in public school where he was singled out for not focusing but was offered no assistance or direction. At MSHR his attention is gently redirected back to his school work and his teachers have taught him how to limit his distractions and guided him to success by giving him obtainable goals and encouragement. My younger son is very bright and needs constant challenging or he gets into trouble. The teachers have recognized this and let him go at his own pace while presenting him with new challenges when needed.The Montessori approach lets each child get what they need and gives them consistent feedback and direction. I highly recommend MSHR.

Posted April 26, 2010

Posted April 26, 2010
It is a great academic and emotionally balanced environment for kids. Experienced teachers providing good care of children not only in terms of knowledge building, but also developing their personal qualifications. Child-focused curriculum, many extrac actvities and overall nice environment for kids and parents. Their preschool and kindergarten is particularly great.

Posted March 14, 2010
My kid is in MSSHR kindergarten and we have been with this school the last three years. Great experienced teachers, wide array of subjects and topics discussed in the class. Nice atmosphere and high morale in classroom and among teachers. Thanks to all for doing great job.

Posted April 28, 2005
This is a great school with excellent experienced instructors (some former teachers in the nationally-rated Falls Church school system). They give good attention to their students (low teacher-child ratios). My son started with their 'Children's House' at age 4 and is now in 3rd grade at age 9. He's thrived there, mastering a huge array of lessons in math, science, geography, writing, etc. And he's made many friends. It is a small but diverse group. The students are grouped in 1-3rd grades and 4-6th, with plenty of opportunity for learning from your peers (and teaching your younger classmates lessons you've learned). This cross-grade interaction is a wonderful aspect of Montessori education. This isn't your over-the-top strict Montessori instruction - there are two schools of Montessori instruction and MSHR is in the more flexible camp. They have a great calm yet disciplined class room atmosphere. Thanks MSHR! Great job!

Montessori School-Holmes Run
Po Box 130, Fairfax Station, VA  22042
Last modified Montessori School-Holmes Run is a Private school that serves grades 1-7
Montessori School-Holmes Run Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top