Posted November 26, 2013
This is a great school. Yes it is tough and the dress code is strict but would you rather have your kids get a good education and associate with other good families or have them looking like punks and behaving like criminals? Take a look around Fairfax high and the choice is obvious. St Leo is well worth the 5k per year that we pay.

St. Leo the Great School 2

Posted September 04, 2013
The teachers were nice and tried, but first graders should not be expected to do an hour of homework a night. Multiple studies have proven no benefit to homework at that age and yet, St. Leo's piles it on. Apparently in second and third it can be 2-3 hours a night. I pulled my daughter before we experienced that. I found it frustrating that the teacher could not give me a course objective for assignments and that she received more challenging books to read in kindergarten than first grade. They have lots of technical extras like Smart Boards, but I'd rather some old fashioned teaching with set objectives. I definitely didn't feel I was getting $5k better of an education than public which is why we moved to public. My husband and I were both products of Diocesan schools and taught in them as well, so we were disappointed with St. Leo's.

Posted January 10, 2013
My kids were in Daniel's run Elementary school, I had to move them because one of my son had a lot of troubles, yes St Leo ipis very strict and there are more rules than other school, my kids are doing great the teachers are so professional and the most important think Religion is the best, I'm very happy that they've been educating by good teachers, they are safe, professionalism I give them 10 stars ;) God Bless you guys

Posted January 10, 2013
This is a great school my kids are happy, teachers are always there with the answers for all the questions they are great ;)

St. Leo the Great School 1

Posted September 11, 2012
The middle school teachers at this school are extremely biased, they favor The girls over boys, the front office staff are just blatantly rude when they found out I was transferring out of this school, the vice principal kept questioning us about why we were transferring. The students there were great, However there was alot of hatred and discontent towards many teachers though. There are barely any students, about 400. For pre-K through 8th grade.

Posted January 24, 2012
Great school, excellent Christian formation, great education, friendly and knowledgeable faculty. We have our two daughters at Saint Leo since Pre-School. We have seen many children of our friends and even though we are aware that most of the Christian foundation is provided at home, we are also aware that reinforcement and dedication will make the difference. We made a great decision and can see the difference with other kids even from other religious schools. Public schools were never an option, as we can see all the problems and exposure the new generations need to live in. I was shocked when I read about the parent who was not even happy with the Principal. On the contrary, the Principal, Mr. DiPippa makes really the difference. We strongly recommend this school, one of the feeders to Paul IV, another excellent Religious school in Fairfax and where my daughters will go after they graduate from 8th grade.

St. Leo the Great School 1

Posted May 23, 2011
Last year was my last year at St. Leo's. To start, the administration is terrible. The principal doesn't even do their job so they leave it to the vice principal to do everything. They care more about the dress code than student actually achieving good grades. Also, they care more about what the middle schoolers are doing on Facebook than anything else. And I'll probably get tracked down for writing this review. Seeing as I have a limited amount of characters on this review, I can't really write about personal experiences but there is a list of MANY. The middle school teachers favor female students over male students to an EXTREME extent. The science teacher thinks it is her duty to reveal her whole personal life such as telling her students that it is THEIR FAULT that she can't watch Jeopardy and American Idol every night. Also, extremely incompetent considering it is almost June and my 7th sister has made it through only 4 chapters in their text book. They absolutely do NOT put religion as a priority. I enjoy the fact that my religion teacher last year taught about sexism and she is the biggest sexist in the whole school. I'd advise you to take your money elsewhere. 0 stars

St. Leo the Great School 4

Posted February 27, 2011
I have had two children in St Leos if they had not changed principals my youngest would not be there. With a change in the church and the new staff at the school it is better. But I agree that it is too much run like a public school for my taste. I don't want PC I want a strong base with a Christian basis and St Leos does not do this well, When she gets to middle school will really be the test.

Posted October 25, 2010
I was shocked to read the review from the parent who said that religion was not a priority or incorporated. We have had the absolute opposite experience. The priests are engaged with the children, my children have weekly assignments in religion - between writing reports on saints to memorizing prayers - all of my children learn a great deal about the faith and religion as a whole. Of course, even being able to mention God, Jesus and the Holy Trinity is leaps and bounds ahead of what the children are allowed to be exposed to in public school. Kudos to Saint Leo s! Keep up the good work!

St. Leo the Great School 3

Posted January 23, 2010
This is a good but not a great school. My children attended the local public school for two years prior and had better academic programs there. We transferred to this school due to the expectation that religion would be incorporated into the curriculum, but that has been spotty at best. Religion is not a priority for the administration, so if the teacher makes time for it great, but it is not consistent throughout the school. Administration more concerned about finances of the school than quality of the school, has a tendency to act more like a private school than a parochial school.

St. Leo the Great School
3704 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA  22030
Last modified St. Leo the Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Leo the Great School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top