9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The school is very good academically but if your child wants to play girls or boys basketball do not send them to the school. The coaches recruit and your child may not have a chance. For instance the girls jv and varsity teams have recruits. The coaches are very tough. The jv girls coach recruits girls from his county 8th grade team to play on his jv team as freshmen. The whole jv team is basically freshmen so the school has two girls freshmen team. Sophomores don't have a chance unless they have played on the Jv's coaches 8th grade team. Very disappointing for the girls. If girls are on varsity, the coach only plays the top five players. Girls have left the school and have gone to other schools so they can have a chance at playing. I guess the recruits bring in lots of money somehow so the school loves that. It isn't about being fair to the girls. This happens on the boys teams also. Plus the coaches do not teach at the school. They come from outside of the school.

Excellent mission "to grow in grace and wisdom." Supportive teachers and administrators. So much more than a solid enducation.

School had some dinosaur administration personnel who show favoritism and preferential treatment to students they like. The student government body election is "rigged" according to many of the students which is unfortunate as it prevents others from running for a position. Of course this won't ever be admitted by faculty and staff but it's a reality in the students minds. How unfortunate for a Catholic High School. Wish the administration would wake up, quit favoring certain staff and students and make some changes within the organization to prevent these instances from happening.

Great school. Definitely not a 'big box' school like the public schools available in the area. I have put two kids through PVI and have another one attending there now. Both graduates are in college and they have both said they were very well prepared for the structure of college classes. I am very happy with Paul VI

I'm a junior at PVI and I LOVE IT! I can't imagine going anywhere else. I have learned so much and I have amazing relationships with my classmates and teachers (who are always willing to help). You know PVI is a great school because everyone has so much pride and spirit. We are all truly proud to be panthers. From day one, the administration hosts events so you can meet lots of people (I didn't know hardly anyone as a freshmen..now I have loads of friends). You couldn't pay me to go anywhere else because I know I wouldn't be half as knowledgeable or happy!

PVI.... where to begin? We will start with the rules they do not enforce such as the uniform. On the first dat students are given a lecture on the correct uniform yet it is not followed and just the polo all year DOES NOT model a Catholic school- there needs to be a tie worn in the winter, in my opion. Religion teachers believe that religion shouldn't be hard and they don't even take their classes seriously sometimes. The MAth dept goes around yelling at people and some teachers in all depts dont know what they are teaching! The athletics are good but a lot of money goes into the unsucsessful football team. The assistant principle of students needs work as he likes to stand in the middle of the halls and yell at people. There is a lot of favoritism shown towords students on athletic teams and by athletic teams i mean the football, baseball, basketball, and lax teams. Otherwise your team is hardly mentioned. School needs work but there are sme positives such as SOME of the teachers and the Catholic beliefes are avaliable if you find them (confessions and mass) but over all I would take my money elsewear/

PVI is a great place!!! There are so many ways to get involved. The upperclassmen really reach out to you; however, YOU have to want to get involved! I think it's easier to fit in at PVI than at public schools because kids come from so many middle schools that in the beginning, everyone is new. The work is challenging but I absolutely feel like I am getting a better education than my friends at other public and private schools. PVI's goal is that no one will be a "ghost." This means the administration, teachers, and students reach out to make you feel welcome. It's a cool place to go to school!

My two children are PVI students. My daughter is a PVI graduate and presently attending the college of her choice and my son will graduate this June. I can't believe the number of colleges that have contacted my children to encourage them to apply. It is clear to me that the academic program and the school's networking are two of the main reasons for this outreach by the colleges. PVI has great academic programs which are challengeing and prepare them for college. The teachers go out of their way to help and make themselves available for student that need extra help. The teachers are so advanced in their teaching and make student success a first priority. My children love PVI and all that they stand for academically and socially. Its a great place to send your children.

This was THE toughest decision to put my daughter into a private school let alone a Catholic school since we are not Catholic. She was excelling academically at the public school but the social setting was such that there was way too much partying, to put it mildly. She does play sports at PVI and does work out daily which is why I assume they can compete in the highly competitive WCAC!. She also has strong parental follow up from this single mom who monitors homework through teacher contact and B;ackboard access. Your children rise to the level you expect of them so I had to speak up on behalf of the teachers and curriculum here which I feel is VERY strong. She was in all honors and AP at her Fairfax County secondary school and feels these classes are quite challenging ! She LOVES PVI ! Go Harvard or UVA!!

My son is a rising senior at PVI. We were initially so excited to send him there but soon realized we were disillusioned. The administration is self serving, it is not about the children, just about sports, like most Catholic high schools. The school recruits, so most of the students on the sports teams are there on 'scholarship' which leaves little to no room for children whose parents are actually paying for the school. The children are rude and cliquish, not allowing any 'outsiders' in. I had to pull my daughter after 6 weeks because she was tortured there by other girls. If my son wasn't going into his senior year, I would definitely move him to John Paul the Great. What an awesome school! I wish it had been open when he was entering 9th grade.

Last modified Paul Vi Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12