Posted May 26, 2014
This has been my first year at Trinity. It has been an interesting school year. The school is filled with ignorant students who are overly sheltered and close-minded. I came from a neighboring public school, so knowing how excellent the Fairfax County Public School system is, I had the chance to compare the academic level between the two institutions. Many of the past reviews mention how rigorous, distinguished, and top-notch Trinity is, but I would very much disagree. From my experience so far, Trinity hypes itself. I am pretty sure the past reviews were written by the Trinity administration. I would recommend you to NOT send your child to this school. They shove religion down your throat and have weakened my relationship with God. I have grown to dislike the Christian community and cannot stand going to church anymore. Many of my friends and classmates, some of which are graduating, have desperately wanted to leave in the past, but for certain/personal reasons, have stayed (mostly because it is such a short time until college). In addition, currently several of my classmates (grades 9-12) are planning on not returning next school year. Good luck. - student

Trinity Christian School 2

Posted May 19, 2014
This is a beautiful facility and academically it appears to be on track. We have moved around a great deal and our kids have been in various private schools. The Lower (elementary) school is a little "cold" and teachers in some of the classrooms appear to be a little strict for elementary education. Not a warm environment compared to other schools we have attended/visited.

Trinity Christian School 2

Posted May 19, 2014
I agree with the previous comments. TCS is great academically and prepared me well for college however it is legalistic. Acadmics are important, but the Bible classes are not taught in such a way that connects with young people. Teenagers need individuals that relate to them. Staff and faculty are overly concerned with behavior and rules. I never felt I could go and speak with a faculty memeber about a problem or concern.

Posted May 04, 2014
This school is AWESOME! After spending a two interesting years enrolled at Westminster School in Annandale I knew there had to be a much better place for our children. Our kids have never been happier to learn then they are right now. I only wished we had looked into this school earlier rather than waiting an additional year. The teachers and the administration are VERY supportive and are willing to discuss any thoughts or issues we might have. It s so awesome and amazing to see such growth in my kid s hearts and minds. PRICELESS!. Thanks to all at Trinity Christian School!!!

Posted February 03, 2014
The school doesn't cooperate when you leave. They make it difficult and complicate the credits.

Posted September 23, 2013
I am a former Trinity student who graduated last year in 2012. My heart aches for Trinity when I read some of the bad reviews below because I don't think Trinity deserves it. TCS has, more than words can describe, done a phenomenal job at preparing me for college both academically and spiritually. I've told my family that countless times. I was at Trinity 3 years and the only thing I regret is not transferring to Trinity sooner. I felt like I really belonged, like the teachers cared about me and were interested in what they do. The right amount of discipline is maintained to keep the school strong while also not making it unenjoyable. Even in college, I miss it terribly. I cry looking at pictures of memories. If you want a family-like environment that encourages good academics and a strong faith-building experience, Trinity is for you. I owe a lot of who I am today to TCS.

Posted May 30, 2012
This is our second year at TCS and we couldn't be more thrilled with a school! The academics are outstanding, the staff are caring, Godly role models for our children and the campus is outstanding. We toured most of the local Christian schools (before choosing TCS) and found TCS to be the most broad in it's curriculum and the staff the most educated. We chose Christian education for our children because we felt it appropriate to study both the Creator AND the created...TCS blends both beautifully! Our children are challenged academically and encouraged to develop Christ-like character. TCS is most definitely a school of excellence!

Posted December 06, 2011
Trinity Christian School is the best place for my children to flourish and enhance their skills. They have a better understanding of who God is and what it means to follow His ways. The faculty and administrators do an outstanding job of displaying God's love to all the students through the way they discipline and the way they teach. Their academic level is outstanding and each student strives for excellence. Students are encouraged to think outside the box. The posting from November 15, 2011 shocked and stunned me because I struggle to understand the parent's persepective. In all my years at Trinity, which has been a long time, I have never experienced what that family describes. But I am happy they found a place where their children are happy; and truly wish them the best. Years ago, our family had a bad experience at a local Christian School but it never occurred to me to write negative reviews so the public can condemn them. Instead, our family prayed for them and took great comfort in God's Sovereignty. Hope this family can do the same. It is the best example for your children to follow.

Posted November 15, 2011
Trinity offers an overly narrow approach to education. Instead of exposing students to rigorous thinking and the breadth of the Christian tradition, it requires them to "tow the party line"--i.e., a fundamentalist form of Christianity. In fact, when faculty encourage students to explore their own ideas, these faculty are often punished. Recently, one of the most gifted high school teachers was asked to leave. She was my daughter's favorite teacher. The principal is not collegial but autocratic; he does not lead by consensus. It is his way or you are out. Thus we withdrew our kids, and they are getting a much richer, more rigorous education elsewhere. If you want your children to be uncritical conformists, then Trinity is the school for you. If you want, rather, to encourage deeper thinking and give them life-skills for success in college and later in life, Trinity comes up short. I rather doubt that Jesus would feel welcome there!

Posted December 29, 2009
Training Christian School (TCS) is a wonderful, academincally oriented Christian School. Our daughter has attended elementary school there for two years. TCS towers over Fairfax County Public Schools in academics. They especially stress reading skills and have achieved superior results with our daughter who now reads several grade levels ahead. That said, this is not a school for slow learners. They push kids to achieve their best, and there is homework every school night! Our daughter provides testimony that this school is much harder than the Fairfax County public elementary school (rated an 8 on greatschools.net) that she attended before enrolling in TCS. They also require the kids to memorize bible verses every week. Send your elementary school aged children here to give them a headstart on learning. TCS has motivated teachers that truely teach and care about their students. They are there to achieve results in learning and instill faith.

Trinity Christian School
11204 Braddock Road, Fairfax, VA  22030
Last modified Trinity Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Trinity Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top