Posted November 30, 2014
This school is GREAT! They are involved in the community. Teachers communicate well with parents. I couldn't be more happier.

Posted November 16, 2014
We are extremely happy with Daniels Run Elementary. My daughter is in first grade there and I am always impressed with the staff, curriculum and culture of the school. I don't have any of the complaints I hear from moms with kid in other schools. No bullying problems, no drama, everyone is happy to be there.

Posted September 30, 2014
I continue to be impressed by Daniels Run. The Principal, teachers, and community make it a great school.

Posted June 25, 2014
The teachers, staff, and administrators are excellent . They really care for the students and have best intentions.

Daniels Run Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2014
As a military family, we chose Northern Virginia among many options due to the reputation of the schools. DRES absolutely met our expectations. Our son attended 4th & 5th grade ('11-'13) & felt like one of the long-tenured members of the community from his first day. The Administration, Faculty, Staff and Parents have an excellent working relationship. While I can't speak for every family, we felt like our son was in a nurturing environment where he could grow as a student and as a person. His 5th grade teacher- who was very new - did an AMAZING job looking after him during my deployment, keeping us informed of how he was doing when mom and dad weren't around. The breadth and depth of academic and extra-circular activities are remarkable, and we are thankful to have had the opportunity to be part of the DRES community. Our only complaint is that there isn't an option for after-school programs on Mondays, which is a problem for working parents because school lets out very early on Monday. Fortunately we had enough flexibility in our schedules to account for this, but it is something of which you should be aware if your are moving to the area.

Posted June 30, 2013
My daughter just finished her first year as a Fourth Grader at Daniels Run. She immediately felt like she was part of the community. The new administration this year was great. The Principal and Assistant Principal quickly learned student's names, dressed up crazy for spirit days, and were committed to helping each student learn. The teachers are a caring team who work together to make things happen.

Posted April 16, 2013
My son has attended Daniels Run since 2008. He's loved this school from the moment he stepped through the doors. He's had excellent teachers, a wonderful supportive staff, and everyone treats him well. All of the teachers at Daniels Run are amazing, and that includes all the resource teachers (Physical Education, Art, Languages). The staff in the office is welcoming and helpful. They go out of their way to make things work. The Principal and Vice Principal are innovative and engaged. They stress student involvement, parent involvement, and responsibility. I was lucky to move into an area that gave my child such a wonderful start to his education. I'm a proud DRE parent.

Daniels Run Elementary School 1

Posted January 10, 2013
I really had a bad experience with my oldest son, a lot of issues, he was attending this school x3 years it was awful they used to call me every single day complaining about my child, last time I had a meeting they wanted me to take my child to evaluate him for ADHD of course as apparent was so bad I decided to move my two kids to other school St Leo is the Great school Religion Math and Science are better I'm really doing something fabulous, they are happy they feel safe

Posted January 05, 2013
My daughter has attended Daniels Run since 2008. During that time, she has received the first-class education afforded by Fairfax County Public Schools in a state of the art building that is owned and maintained by the City of Fairfax. The office staff is exceptional. Although DR is a larger school, I have always felt welcome and included as a parent. The leadership is forward-thinking. This year they launched a blog and a facebook page. Our daughter was offered a space in the GT program at Mosby Woods, but she refused to leave her school. All school events are highly attended--from International Night to the Fall Ball, parents are involved and supportive. DR is a great community of learning and friendship!

Posted January 17, 2012
My daughter is currently attending Daniel Run Elementary. The teachers are wonderful. The teachers are well-organized, pro-active and excellent in communicating up-to-date information with the parents. The administrative staff are also very knowledgeable and helpful.

Daniels Run Elementary School
3705 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA  22030
Last modified Daniels Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Daniels Run Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top