Fairfax, VA

Posted September 18, 2014
The school is awesome, great staff , the teacher are so helpful , my son takes classes in special education and general , booths are great. I don't have complaint at all, my kids loves the teacher and the school.

Posted July 03, 2014
PES has proven to be a blessing. The administration, teachers, and parents are all extremely involved as a team to ensure their students success. No complaints at all!

Posted July 03, 2014
I have lots of positive comments, that can be shared by other reviewers. PES is a fantastic school as it challenges the students daily, and works well to encourage parents involvement.

Posted January 22, 2014
We are extremely fond of the teachers here. Many of the positives have already been listed out. Highly recommend!!

Posted January 22, 2014
I've found the academics and social aspects of this school to have a very fair balance to keep kids motivated and craving to learn.

Posted October 10, 2013
This is also my daughters first year at Providence, and let me tell you it has change our lives! We love this school in any aspect, teachers and staff are the most nicest people can meet. Last year we had a terrible time at Braddock in Annandale, this year my daughter is so happy that she doesn't want to come home! Most of all, she calles her teacher "a pretty angel" and she is loving the learning time and loves her friends. They are great with children with disabilites, they really do care for the walfere of our children! I hope to have many more years of peace of mind. And to watch my child to go to school happy, and ready to learn.

Posted February 21, 2013
This is my son's first year at Providence, and he is having a terrific experience. His teacher is a lovely person, first and foremost, and she finds new ways to challenge him every week. He has made great friends, and the kids seem to be respectful and happy. The PTA sponsors fun family events, and parents seem to be very involved. We love Providence so far, and have nothing but good things to say about the principal. He has been available several times when we needed to talk, and my son tells me that he visits his classes all the time. For what it is worth, my kid hasn't had a day out of school for illness all year.

Providence Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2013
Worst school ever!!! We will be done with PES after Kindergarten. Our teacher was good this year, but the administration is abysmal at best. Our child had bronchitis, strep, lice and every cold virus you could possibly get in a two month period at this place and by the end of the 1st semester we were being harassed over absences. Get a clue folks, if you force sick kids to come to school then EVERYONE gets sick. This has cost me a ton of lost time at work and worst , our child now hates school because she is miserably sick on an almost daily basis. If you can afford it, check out one of the wonderful private or parochial schools in the area. That's what we'll be doing next year.

Posted May 14, 2012
This school has been perfect for both of my kids with very different situations. I pulled my boys out of private school after 3 years there. My older son (4th) has difficulties with attention, anxiety and staying on task. My younger son was shy and not reading at all when he started K there. They worked with me and came up with many tools to help my son and truly made us feel like his success was important to them (not just by words, but actions and accommodations). From the teacher to the administration, they have all been amazing. Both of my older son's teachers have Master's degrees and patience, a great combo. My younger son has blossomed. Not only is he very social, he's adding, subtracting and reading on his own. His progress was astounding and tells me everyday that he has the nicest teacher in the world. Additionally, any concerns I've had along the way were addressed immediately. We haven't had any problems with other students either. They are very kind and help each other, which is encouraged. So glad we switched, the anxiety was relieved in just weeks of attending this school.

Posted November 18, 2011
Even though my daughter was a kindergartner in this school for just one semester (then we moved), I really think this is a great school. The teachers are kind and helpful. They have a lot of activity to get parents involved. They send me their monthly publication to keep me updated for their events (They do have a lot of events). As a kindergartner, no graded homework. But my daughter took home a "homework" every Tuesday and turned it in every Friday. It's a fun place for my daughter.

Providence Elementary School
3616 Jermantown Rd, Fairfax, VA  22030
Last modified Providence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Providence Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top