Bad
Good

Posted April 05, 2016
We love PES! Mr. Kraft, the principal, is very caring and works very hard to make PES great. Assistant principal Mr. Phillips is equally great. Our son had an amazing kindergarten teacher and we love his first grade teacher now just as much. We can't wait for our youngest to start kindergarten in the fall! The PTA is very active and hosts tons of activities/events for the kids and overall I find the parents of my son's peers/friends to be very involved. Field trip parent attendance is great, and my son often has a parent involved in some way or another each week. All the administrative staff we've encountered has been great as well. My son missed 2 days of school during his kindergarten year for illnesses and this was during the second to last week of school in June. So far in first grade, he hasn't missed a single day due to illness. The custodial staff keeps the school very clean and we're not aware of any issues resulting in repeated illnesses, as one parent posted a few years ago. We really don't have a single complaint about the school. We feel extremely lucky to have purchased in our neighborhood without knowing a lot about the school itself, outside of FCPS being a great district.

Posted January 22, 2015
I go here and it is awesome!!!!! #2015 6th Grade!!!!!! hello and here are the rest of my fifteen or more words.

Posted September 18, 2014
The school is awesome, great staff , the teacher are so helpful , my son takes classes in special education and general , booths are great. I don't have complaint at all, my kids loves the teacher and the school.

Posted July 03, 2014
PES has proven to be a blessing. The administration, teachers, and parents are all extremely involved as a team to ensure their students success. No complaints at all!

Posted July 03, 2014
I have lots of positive comments, that can be shared by other reviewers. PES is a fantastic school as it challenges the students daily, and works well to encourage parents involvement.

Posted January 22, 2014
We are extremely fond of the teachers here. Many of the positives have already been listed out. Highly recommend!!

Posted January 22, 2014
I've found the academics and social aspects of this school to have a very fair balance to keep kids motivated and craving to learn.

Posted October 10, 2013
This is also my daughters first year at Providence, and let me tell you it has change our lives! We love this school in any aspect, teachers and staff are the most nicest people can meet. Last year we had a terrible time at Braddock in Annandale, this year my daughter is so happy that she doesn't want to come home! Most of all, she calles her teacher "a pretty angel" and she is loving the learning time and loves her friends. They are great with children with disabilites, they really do care for the walfere of our children! I hope to have many more years of peace of mind. And to watch my child to go to school happy, and ready to learn.

Posted February 22, 2013
Providence Elementary is a fantastic school. The principal is an excellent leader and is truly passionate about the school. Every teacher we have had so far has been excellent. My children love school, have been challenged at their academic level and have made great friends.

Posted February 21, 2013
This is my son's first year at Providence, and he is having a terrific experience. His teacher is a lovely person, first and foremost, and she finds new ways to challenge him every week. He has made great friends, and the kids seem to be respectful and happy. The PTA sponsors fun family events, and parents seem to be very involved. We love Providence so far, and have nothing but good things to say about the principal. He has been available several times when we needed to talk, and my son tells me that he visits his classes all the time. For what it is worth, my kid hasn't had a day out of school for illness all year.

Providence Elementary School
3616 Jermantown Rd, Fairfax, VA  22030
Last modified Providence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.