Eagle View Elementary School 3

Posted October 22, 2014
The school has been good for our children. We especially like the after school programs. The teachers are great and friendly. We attend as many PTA meetings as we can. Though this year it seems there are fewer PTA activities. From a communication standpoint we love the teacher newsletters though an area of improvement would be more online communication from the principal like they do in other schools. Another area of improvement I would like to suggest would be to improve preparation for homework from the early grades. It seems like homework skyrockets out of nowhere which is difficult for small children who are new to the process.

Eagle View Elementary School 2

Posted September 10, 2014
Based on the last 4 years of sending our son to EVES, the teachers are excellent and the student activities are outstanding. There is also a lot healthy diversity from a student standpoint. However, the school lacks the same diversity from a staff and parent-involvement standpoint. This also points to lack of sufficient action by the school leadership (not necessarily the PTA) to encourage parent involvement. Some efforts have been made to involve parents but interestingly enough, there are indications that parent presence in the classroom is a burden and not welcomed by staff. For example, my husband who wants to be active in our son's life and make a strong impression as a father, was encouraged to sign up for the watchdog program through the PTA. We were shocked when he was only allowed to spend 15 min. in the class with him before being sent elsewhere! The teacher seemed concerned when he asked to stay longer which didn't come across well. We were also told that the principal was the one who created the schedule which concerns us. I love this school but hope they can figure out how to involve parents in more meaningful ways and not just for show.

Posted June 16, 2014
My son used to be autistic. The previous school, Willow Springs, didn't want to deal with him. They gave him labels (e.g. defiant) and sent him home when he became problematic instead of finding ways to help him. Eagle View was very welcoming. They evaluated him and we found him eligible for an IEP, which Willow Springs never bothered to do. In 1st grade, they provided a teacher to stay by his side to support him as he struggled to cope. They worked with me, asked what worked at home and had no issue trying anything to help him succeed. Eventually I treated him and he recovered from his autistic behavior, although he still needed support for his ADD. Without their support and open communication, I never would have been able to help him. We often communicated on a daily basis. When parents and school are on the same page, the child is more likely to succeed. Never once they made him feel rejected. They always assured me, "We're a team, and we'll figure this out together." My son loved Eagle View, and I owe his success to their nurture and unconditional support. This is a public school, but they are what every school should be. They help every child to succeed. No child left behind.

Posted February 14, 2014
This is awesome school. We moved from Richmond and found that this school has gr8 activities and teachers are very good.

Eagle View Elementary School 4

Posted January 18, 2014
Eagle View Elementary offers a caring and loving environment, a diverse group of students and educators, and a vast array of PTA sponsored after school programs that help nurture the children's academic and personal growth within a safe environment. Greater funding for larger outdoor playground would be a nice addition in the future.

Posted June 18, 2013
My son and daughter have attended Eagleview for the past 3 year and have loved it. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. The teachers are great and make sure that the kids are working at the level they need to be. The Principal and VP are very involved and nice. The PTA is great and very involved in the afterschool activities.

Posted June 16, 2013
My son is on his way to 2nd grade at EV and has had a very productive experience. His reading and writing skills have improved, he is engaged deeply in Math and his intellect has grown by leaps and bounds. The school is nurturing and the regular communications (i.e., weekly teach emails, school newsletter) helps keep us informed and connected.

Posted March 21, 2012
We've had a fabulous experience in the two years we've been at Eagle View. The staff goes above and beyond. The home/school connection is fabulous. The school-wide and/or grade-wide unity builders are inventive and allow each child to shine. LOVE the SOS program and how uplifting it is for the students.

Eagle View Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2011
Just moved here from CT and so far, my daughter loves the teacger abd the school. Ms. McDonald is awesome.

Posted July 28, 2011
Eagle View Elementary is a wonderful school! The teachers and administration are very supportive and caring. My son and I have had nothing but positive experiences there. The sutdents are learning so much....just check out the test scores...they speak for themselves!!!

Eagle View Elementary School
4500 Dixie Hill Road, Fairfax, VA  22030
Last modified Eagle View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top