No rating

Good Shepherd Christian Academy & Little Flock Preschool

Private | PK-2 | 146 students

We are best known for accelerated reading program.

Living in Fairfax

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $418,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,750.

Posted March 12, 2014

My son is in the new K2 program which I am completely impressed by. The teacher is amazing and very kind and warm. My son comes home telling me the bible stories that he learned through out that week. He now knows all his shapes, colors, alphabets and numbers with recognition. He also can color within the lines, trace letters and numbers. I saw a tremendous improvement in his development since day 1 of school. He also knows 1-10 and all the colors in Arabic.

Posted April 7, 2011

My daughter is a 6th grade homeschool student. She comes in to take several electives and 6th grade English class daily. The teachers are terrific. They consistently show that they love teaching and that they care for the kids. My daughter has been able to attend several field trips and events as well. She has been included and welcomed into her class and we are thankful for the school and staff's flexibility and support. The students I've seen always seem happy and enthusiastic about attending GSCA. This is a great school offering a safe learning environment for all students. Also, the academics are solid. This includes the foreign language classes. My daughter has learned many things in her Spanish class that my older daughter (a 9th grader in HS Spanish 1) has not learned.

Posted March 28, 2011

My children have been at this school for some time now. I have seen many changes that were great and some, not so great. They are very friendly and kind. Nice warm atmosphere for my children. My concern is the training of the teachers as students leave preschool, and leadership of the principal- she seems like a figure head. The program is challenging which is a plus and my children are doing very well academically. I am bothered that anyone can come in without proper training/schooling and be called a "teacher". Very bizarre.

Posted March 10, 2011

EXCELLENT SCHOOL and BRILLIANT STAFF! My daughter has been with Little Flock Christian since the 1st grade. The caliber of teachers is phenomenal and the curriculum is fantastic. I've changed jobs and commute from Maryland just so my child can attend this school. This should speak volumes to every parent considering a school. If that doesn't do it my child was studying for the spelling bee and I solicited an older cousin to assist. She couldn't pronounce the words my daughter needed to spell and she was in the 6th grade. Unbelievable! I would suggest this school to every parent who wants their child(ren) to excel in academics!

Posted March 5, 2011

My son started at Little Flock Christian School last school year when he was in K3 and now he is in K4. The love teachers have for God and for the children is amazing. When my son came home one day singing Christian songs and so excited to tell me the bible story he learned in school, that was priceless to me. The staff makes you feel like you are part of the family. I will recommend this school to everyone.

Posted March 2, 2011

This is a wonderful school with a warm christian family environment.. In the school christian values are balanced with strong academics. My daughter is in Kindergarden; she is shy by nature and the school has really taught her to be self confident and not to fear changes. My son is in the K-3 preschool and he absolutely loves it . The teachers are really interested in the growth and advancement of their children on all levels. The headmaster, the principle and the staff are great as well. I The school offers before and after care for working parents as we are and the after care programs are such an asset. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 1, 2011

We have been extremely happy with our daughter's progress in the K4 program at Little Flock. The quality of education and opportunities for the children to grow is second to none. Our son will be enrolled in the summer camp and then the K3 program this summer / fall and I wouldn't think of putting him anywhere else.

Posted March 1, 2011

My son's self-confidence has skyrocketed since attending Little Flock. He started over the summer in the summer camp program and has flourished this year in K3. His teacher is loving and has a true desire to give him all the tools he needs to learn and love God. I feel very comfortable leaving him each day because I know the environment is safe and nourishing.

Posted December 17, 2010

This school is truly amazing. I can truly feel the blessing of God upon this place. When I drop my kids off there, I know that they will receive excellent academic education, given by the most loving and nurturing set of teachers I have ever seen. I love this school and I tell everyone I know about it. I just hope they are given permission to add more grades and more classes.

Posted May 7, 2010

I love a lot of aspects of this school. My son is entering K5 next year and is already reading and writing (in cursive)! I love the Christian environment, how warm and compassionate the teachers are, and the strong academic program. It is still a relatively new school, so the upper elementary grades have smaller class sizes than you would find in most other schools. The school, although small, offers a suprisingly large amount of 'specials.' Foreign language starting at age 3, computer class at age 4, art, soccer after-school program, dance, drama and general after-care for parents who need it. I researched a lot of schools before selecting this one and never came across a school that offers all of these things.

Posted January 27, 2010

This school is highly recommended. Great academic curriculum and students are taught to read books and write script at the age of 4. Staff and teachers are very warm, pleasant and enjoy working for the school and the students. You can drop your child and go to work peacefully knowing your child is in very good hands without a doubt. Love this school.

Posted August 14, 2009

I have two children and Little Flock and am so happy. Their teachers are so loving and genuinely care about each child. Teachers work with parents to assure each child is successful and are creative in their suggestions to enhance learning. My kids are receiving an excellent education and learning foreign language starting at 3 years old. It's fun, loving and preparing them so well for the future. I love that they are pointed back to God throughout their day.

Posted May 13, 2008

I have two daughters at LFCS and it has been a wonderful experience for our family. It's a warm and loving atmosphere and my girls are way ahead of their peers academically. I can't imagine them being anywhere else.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Arabic languages
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Danielle Miller
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (571) 234-4589

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• A Beka curriculum

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Foreign languages spoken by staff

• Dance
  • Drama
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club
  • Dance club: Ballet
  • Girl scouts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom