Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is provided on a daily basis but never to the extent where it interferes with personal demands of the student or parents.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Accountability and honesty are pillars of the school. inappropriate behavior is not tolerated and is promptly addressed through disciplinary actions.

My youngest daughter has been going to FVES since third grade. She transferred to the school from Mosby Woods after we moved. MWES would not let my daughter stay even though her older sister was still attending MWES as part of the AAP program. Despite the logistical nightmare of having two kids at two separate elementary schools and despite MWES being ranked higher we are thankful for having our daughter at FVES. It is a gem - the teachers and administration are unbelievable. The parents are heavily involved and the students - who come from all different backgrounds are a charm. My daughter's academic performance has improved significantly since joining FVES. Much of that can be attributed to the quality of the staff and the smaller case sizes. We could not be happier.

My son loves this school it's small and friendly and inclusive. Great staff, great teachers

I had a chance to have lunch with my 1st grader on the first day of school. I overheard the teacher said to a kid who sat next to me "Don't do this. It is uneducated." I was surprised / shocked. Is this how a teacher talks to a 1st graders on their first day of school? How could she talk to kids 6-7 years old kids like that. What did she expect? I am so worried whether my kid is going to be ok.

My oldest daughter just finished Kindergarten here and I'm incredibly happy with her teachers, the resources available, and the school in general. It is a jewel - great communication, great atmosphere, excellent academics, and many opportunities to excel. This little neighborhood school is an amazing place!

I'm so pleased with Fairfax Villa Elementary. I feel well informed from the teachers and administration. The administration even sends our a weekly email to all parents--and it is always positive. The staff really knows each child. I'm always impressed how everyone understands my child's unique needs. It's amazing how my child has risen to the high expectations set forth by the professional staff. I never expected my child to be so successul. The Villa has truly been a blessing.

Fairfax Villa is Fairfax County's biggest secret! It is a small elementary school tucked away in a beautiful neighborhood. The Principal , Mr.Mann is so patient and organized. He really knows what he's doing. The school runs so smoothly and everyone is so happy there. Everyone knows each other and looks out for each other. Kids respect the adults and more improtantly each other. It's a little school with a big heart. I love Fairfax Villa and so do my kids. Everyone of the staff members are very caring , smart, nice and perfect!!!

I have a Kindergartner who loves the school and SACC is outstanding! We are truly thankful for this pearl among Fairfax County's schools.

Great School. My daughter attended K-6. She is now in all honors classes in HS. My son now attends the Villa and is doing outstanding. Small well organized school. Active PTA. Would highly recommend.

Last modified Fairfax Villa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.