Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is the second child that I have had at GBW. This quite possibly the best elementary school in the USA, especially in the Advanced Academics Program. Teachers are dedicated and pleasant, the front office staff are efficient and helpful, my kids have had a great time here; in-school activities are enriching, children are taught above grade level, and after-school activities are first rate. Awards are won in-school and by the clubs. My first GBW child has gone on to great academic performance in Middle School & High School because of the great start at GBW. My second child in on the same track. There is simply no better school, public or private, anywhere.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

GBW takes a leadership position in leveraging technology for appropriate school use.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Values are strongly ingrained in students during these formative years.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are dedicated, caring and communicative to parents.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is productive, educational, fun and yet not over-assigned. GBW has gone all digital, so most homework is on school laptops

I was attended Greenbriar West Elementary school for all seven years. The only positive I have regarding this school is that I was taught well and learned a lot. Otherwise, I was very unsatisfied with my experience at this school. Staff members frequently acted condescending to their students causing students to further misbehave. Often times when a few students misbehaved they would punish the entire class creating an unhappy, unmotivating environment which led to bullying. I felt very unhappy as a student because the negative environment at the school allowed bullies to purposefully misbehave to upset me (by causing the whole class to get punished). Good, well behaved students were not rewarded and therefore, very few students truly acted kind. I additionally don't appreciate their bias towards AAP students. Despite students true qualities AAP students were given advantages over everyone else (such as winning awards, and other general privileges). For example non-AAP students were never allowed to ride on the handicapped swing while I observed many AAP riding on the same swing and they didn't receive any consequences. Lastly students who stood out from other students were unappreciated meaning this school basically has a "one size fits all" mentality. To conclude I'm very glad I'm permanently out of this school so I can once again be proud to attend school.

I personally feel the teacher was more biased . If you do voluntary work at school your kid will get more attention and score influence works here!!!. My kid used to bring work done at school home with great comments and score but was given very low GBRS score. We moved here because of school but personally we feel its average and should have stayed at Mcnair elementary. No summer programs offered at school too. I see racism too they don't show it but you can feel it may be its just that teacher and not all teacher

My two children start this school in this September 2015 really it's very good school. They are enjoying there study and Teachers or very professional and amazing.

My son just started 3rd grade here and he loves it! His teacher is very professional and the school offers lots of activities.

my son went to Greenbriar West Elementary school many years ago when we moved to this area. At that time it was going through renovation but yet all of the students/teachers made the best of it and everyone was happy. Now my grandson will be going to this same school, and I know in my heart that he will make new friends and enjoy his years here also. Great staff and Great school!

Last modified Greenbriar West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.