Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (2 responses)

Greenbriar West Elementary School 2

Posted July 24, 2016
I was attended Greenbriar West Elementary school for all seven years. The only positive I have regarding this school is that I was taught well and learned a lot. Otherwise, I was very unsatisfied with my experience at this school. Staff members frequently acted condescending to their students causing students to further misbehave. Often times when a few students misbehaved they would punish the entire class creating an unhappy, unmotivating environment which led to bullying. I felt very unhappy as a student because the negative environment at the school allowed bullies to purposefully misbehave to upset me (by causing the whole class to get punished). Good, well behaved students were not rewarded and therefore, very few students truly acted kind. I additionally don't appreciate their bias towards AAP students. Despite students true qualities AAP students were given advantages over everyone else (such as winning awards, and other general privileges). For example non-AAP students were never allowed to ride on the handicapped swing while I observed many AAP riding on the same swing and they didn't receive any consequences. Lastly students who stood out from other students were unappreciated meaning this school basically has a "one size fits all" mentality. To conclude I'm very glad I'm permanently out of this school so I can once again be proud to attend school.

Greenbriar West Elementary School 3

Posted July 19, 2016
I personally feel the teacher was more biased . If you do voluntary work at school your kid will get more attention and score influence works here!!!. My kid used to bring work done at school home with great comments and score but was given very low GBRS score. We moved here because of school but personally we feel its average and should have stayed at Mcnair elementary. No summer programs offered at school too. I see racism too they don't show it but you can feel it may be its just that teacher and not all teacher

Posted October 25, 2015
My two children start this school in this September 2015 really it's very good school. They are enjoying there study and Teachers or very professional and amazing.

Posted September 10, 2013
My son just started 3rd grade here and he loves it! His teacher is very professional and the school offers lots of activities.

Posted September 02, 2013
my son went to Greenbriar West Elementary school many years ago when we moved to this area. At that time it was going through renovation but yet all of the students/teachers made the best of it and everyone was happy. Now my grandson will be going to this same school, and I know in my heart that he will make new friends and enjoy his years here also. Great staff and Great school!

Posted February 01, 2012
I've a 5 and 6th graders who are in GBW. Teachers are very professional and the standards are very high.

Greenbriar West Elementary School 4

Posted November 08, 2011
I have a 3rd grader and 4th grader, both in the AAP program at GBW. We moved here from a smaller town, and the kids were in a small, Montessori school. I did not have great expectations, but was blown away by this school. The teachers my children have are exceptional. The art program is awesome, and so is the music. I am really impressed with the kindness shown to me and my family, and, although it is a large school, it doesn't feel like it. It has been great!

Posted June 16, 2009
My first grader had a wonderful year at Greenbriar West. I was very hesitatant about sending him to public school- but Greenbriar West was excellent. He learned lots, he flourished, and he loved going to school. The principal, vice principal and enture staff were very welcoming and showed so much genuine concern for the students. GBW is a very diverse school- and the students blend together well.

Posted February 26, 2009
My child has severe food allergy - the staff and parents have been overwhelmingly supportive. This school is a true diverse community where everyone is accepted and works together for the kids. A+

Posted September 23, 2008
GBW is a great school with welcomed parent involvement, high academic achievement and many ways to get involved.

13300 Poplar Tree Rd, Fairfax, VA  22033
Last modified Greenbriar West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.