Bad
Good

I've been a teacher here for 6 of my 20 years of teaching. I don't ever want to leave. The staff and admin are the best I've ever worked with, and the students are awesome. The afterschool program is like none I've ever seen ANYWHERE - we have so many choices for students, there is no reason they can't find something they can enjoy! I love that we have different teams that address ESOL, SpEd, Avid, etc. As a professional, I'm home here. If my son could attend here, he would.

The teachers at this school teach very well and help their students stay on task. It is a wonderful school, and all the students are friendly and talented! As long as you stay on task and try your best, you will succeed in this school.

As a military family we chose to live in Northern Virginia among many options due to the quality of the schools. LMS proved to be very good ('11-'13)--with caveats. Strengths = diversity & quality of options in core, elective and extra-circular classes and activities. We were very happy with our son's 7th grade experience. He was appropriately challenged in all of his classes & truly enjoyed playing in the band. We felt like his teachers did an outstanding job helping him & his classmates transition from elementary school. We were not as pleased with his 8th grade year. After a successful 1st semester, we thoroughly briefed all of his teachers that he would require a watchful eye during my upcoming deployment. We expected some fluctuation in his grades. We did not expect to find out that our perma-honor roll student was failing several advanced classes on his midterm report (that's a red flag!). After conferring with the appropriate teachers & having our son draft his own "recovery plan", we expected more regular updates--and were completely surprised when he "relapsed" without further warning. Bottom line: great options, but in a big school, parents must stay on top!

Excellent teachers who work with your kids in person, via email correspondence, and through volunteer time after school. The Music/Band program is phenomenal for a public school.

I think Lanier is a really good school. The principal is really involved and cares about the kids,the teachers and the parents

The teachers really do care about their students!

The teachers are so nice and helpful and they listen, i like it much bettr then my elementry but my elementry school was great, dont get me wrong! but lanier is great! I love it soooo much!

Lanier is a great clean Middle School! The Teachers are VERY nice and they help you a lot to remeber stuff!! I have improved a lot on my math.

My son has improved his grades in a lot of subjects! I would reconmend this to somebody.

Great technology and staff.. overall I love it!

Last modified Lanier Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.