Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The overcrowding caused by bringing in all the Ap program kids from neighboring schools has really caused the school to go down-hill. I am moving my child back to our neighborhood school next year

Our child has been in 3 schools in 2 states, and this is by far the best school experience our child has had. The way the teachers, special education staff, art, PE and staff go above and beyond is rare. I am also an educator; I've opened a new school and taught in well-established schools, both public and private. I spent many a volunteer hour in the classrooms and school this year. Through the lens of an educator I can see how hard the teachers work to reach each child; through the lens of a parent, I have witnessed my child flourish at Mosby Woods. We are very happy with this school.

Too crowded and about to get worst! Fairfax county is facing overcrowded school problems and the district is doing nothing about it. If you have a child with special needs please look for a school with much smaller classroom. The teachers are overworked and the special ed teacher just as well. How can they implement an IEP when the are too many cases per teacher. It's impossible! Fairfax county needs to hire more teachers. Enough is enough!!

My children have attended 3 other elementary schools besides Mosby Woods in the area over a span of 10 years. Mosby Woods ranks at the bottom of my list. The office staff is really nice, and some of the teachers teaching art, strings, etc. as well as support staff like counselors are excellent, but as they say, a few bad apples can spoil the bunch. There are multiple teachers here who discipline through humiliation. I have both heard stories about it and witnessed it first hand (to a child other than my own). It was cruel and uncalled for. I know of plenty of families who have left the school over such issues. The principal, while nice, isn't engaging and doesn't leave you with the feeling that she is interested in what you are saying. I do recognize that while my feelings remain mostly negative, my child has had some good experiences too. The thing is that when I compare what we have experienced with other schools, I can feel and see such a big difference in the school environment and I see/feel the results in my child. I regret having sent my child here and wish we would have moved to another neighborhood. I hope the principal takes note and can turn the situation around.

I was in this school before and it was horrible. The AAP teachers in grades 3 and 4 were horrible. I was bullied in both grades and I tried to tell the teacher, But guess what, as a student, I didn't even have the right to complain! Bullying is a big problem here and the teachers deserve to be fired. So may I recommend my new school, Oakton Elementary?-submitted by an ex-student

So i recently went to my 4th grader's year end music program at Mosby Woods. It's a year end program where all fourth grade classes put on a musical performance. I was amazed at how 100+ kids of all different backgrounds and levels of academic performance came together to put on an amazing performance that included song, dance musical instruments, choreography while tying in classical compositions, Virginia history and American history. Mosby Woods provides students with top notch academics and exposure to the Arts which you would not find in public schools. This year our children had a field trip to the Kennedy Center and were exposed to Opera at Nats Park. I love this school and will miss it when our kids move on.

This is an excellent school. Everything is so nice. The sixth grade teachers are always positive and they give good grades. This school feels so much like a private school. The staff and the kids are just excellent. Thanks Mosby Woods!

Our daughter started in kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. All teachers we've seen so far are dedicated, keep good communication with parents and are really liked by the children. An incident when our daughter was teased by another student underscored the very prompt response from the school counselor, who made sure not only that the child is doing well, but also that parents were kept informed. We're excited to have our younger one starting in the same school in a couple of years. Highly recommended.

I don't care what anyone says, this school is the best I've ever been to.I'm in the AAP program, and I love it. I don't think the school focuses too much on their AAP program. Everyone gets an equal education. Reflecting on the teachers, the AAP program is overflowing, mostly in the third grade. All the FCPS schools are excellent, but I think mosby woods is one of the best.

Great school!!! It has a great AAP program and wonderful teachers. The school has such a diverse population. The students are from all over the world!!!! The Principal and VP are great. The school its self needs a bit of remodeling to boost the large amounts of creativity. The murals of the school are quite beautiful and really show the great work the students do in the fabulous school of Mosby Woods.

Last modified Mosby Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.