Fairfax, VA

Posted June 21, 2015
Our child has been in 3 schools in 2 states, and this is by far the best school experience our child has had. The way the teachers, special education staff, art, PE and staff go above and beyond is rare. I am also an educator; I've opened a new school and taught in well-established schools, both public and private. I spent many a volunteer hour in the classrooms and school this year. Through the lens of an educator I can see how hard the teachers work to reach each child; through the lens of a parent, I have witnessed my child flourish at Mosby Woods. We are very happy with this school.

Mosby Woods Elementary School 3

Posted December 16, 2014
Too crowded and about to get worst! Fairfax county is facing overcrowded school problems and the district is doing nothing about it. If you have a child with special needs please look for a school with much smaller classroom. The teachers are overworked and the special ed teacher just as well. How can they implement an IEP when the are too many cases per teacher. It's impossible! Fairfax county needs to hire more teachers. Enough is enough!!

Mosby Woods Elementary School 2

Posted November 21, 2014
My children have attended 3 other elementary schools besides Mosby Woods in the area over a span of 10 years. Mosby Woods ranks at the bottom of my list. The office staff is really nice, and some of the teachers teaching art, strings, etc. as well as support staff like counselors are excellent, but as they say, a few bad apples can spoil the bunch. There are multiple teachers here who discipline through humiliation. I have both heard stories about it and witnessed it first hand (to a child other than my own). It was cruel and uncalled for. I know of plenty of families who have left the school over such issues. The principal, while nice, isn't engaging and doesn't leave you with the feeling that she is interested in what you are saying. I do recognize that while my feelings remain mostly negative, my child has had some good experiences too. The thing is that when I compare what we have experienced with other schools, I can feel and see such a big difference in the school environment and I see/feel the results in my child. I regret having sent my child here and wish we would have moved to another neighborhood. I hope the principal takes note and can turn the situation around.

Mosby Woods Elementary School 1

Posted June 23, 2014
I was in this school before and it was horrible. The AAP teachers in grades 3 and 4 were horrible. I was bullied in both grades and I tried to tell the teacher, But guess what, as a student, I didn't even have the right to complain! Bullying is a big problem here and the teachers deserve to be fired. So may I recommend my new school, Oakton Elementary?-submitted by an ex-student

Posted June 22, 2014
So i recently went to my 4th grader's year end music program at Mosby Woods. It's a year end program where all fourth grade classes put on a musical performance. I was amazed at how 100+ kids of all different backgrounds and levels of academic performance came together to put on an amazing performance that included song, dance musical instruments, choreography while tying in classical compositions, Virginia history and American history. Mosby Woods provides students with top notch academics and exposure to the Arts which you would not find in public schools. This year our children had a field trip to the Kennedy Center and were exposed to Opera at Nats Park. I love this school and will miss it when our kids move on.

Posted February 25, 2014
This is an excellent school. Everything is so nice. The sixth grade teachers are always positive and they give good grades. This school feels so much like a private school. The staff and the kids are just excellent. Thanks Mosby Woods!

Posted February 06, 2014
Our daughter started in kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. All teachers we've seen so far are dedicated, keep good communication with parents and are really liked by the children. An incident when our daughter was teased by another student underscored the very prompt response from the school counselor, who made sure not only that the child is doing well, but also that parents were kept informed. We're excited to have our younger one starting in the same school in a couple of years. Highly recommended.

Posted June 10, 2013
I don't care what anyone says, this school is the best I've ever been to.I'm in the AAP program, and I love it. I don't think the school focuses too much on their AAP program. Everyone gets an equal education. Reflecting on the teachers, the AAP program is overflowing, mostly in the third grade. All the FCPS schools are excellent, but I think mosby woods is one of the best.

Posted March 19, 2012
Great school!!! It has a great AAP program and wonderful teachers. The school has such a diverse population. The students are from all over the world!!!! The Principal and VP are great. The school its self needs a bit of remodeling to boost the large amounts of creativity. The murals of the school are quite beautiful and really show the great work the students do in the fabulous school of Mosby Woods.

Posted March 17, 2012
This school is the best! Compared to other schools like Providence, it seems as if 90% of students are happier here than at their previous schools. That is, if they transferred. The education techniques are a lot better than some that I have seen before. The teachers and students there are persistent. They never seem to give up on whatever they attempt at. Especially the teachers. They don't ever give up on a child, and they're very kind. I do believe that this school may be one the best schools for a child that there is in Fairfax City. There are many opportunities for students there, and even the Specials classes pushes them to do their best. They focus on and appreciate the diversity in the school. It's such a positive school. There seems to be little negativity amongst the students and staff. Although, I AM a student there. It may seem as if because I'm a student, that it would be a likely thing to speak of my school in this way. But it actually depends on the student's judgement of his/her environment, not on where they attend or take residence. I agree that they challenge the students. If it isn't challenging, then they do their best to give a new challenge.

Mosby Woods Elementary School
9819 Five Oaks Rd, Fairfax, VA  22031
Last modified Mosby Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mosby Woods Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top