Fairfax, VA

Posted May 07, 2015
My daughter is currently in 3rd grade with Navy. I am so lucky to be a parent of this school. Ever since we moved to this community, I have 0 complaints about school and neighbor. My daughter's teacher promptly accommodated my inquiries and handled situations when my daughter faced a conflict with her peer. The staff and the teachers are dedicated as well! The best thing is that the principal is super nice!

Posted September 23, 2013
The teachers are enthusiastic and supportive. My son is in 3rd grade. His experience in Kindergarten through 2nd grade has been wonderful, and looks like 3rd grade is also going to be excellent. Love the parent involvement

Posted May 06, 2013
Navy is an excellent school. Mr Coch, the new principal always has a smile and warm words for everyone. School well run, we have two kids with very different acedemic needs. One needs extra services, other at gifted level. Both well and challenged here. Staff friendly, very enthusiatic, wonderful school, anti-bullyimng policy. Good new "Dolphin" behavior incentives implemented by new principal in 2012/13 and awesome fun run fundraiser.

Posted October 30, 2012
Our son is currently in first grade at Navy Elementary (NE). Our experience so far has been wonderful. Our son's teacher, Ms. Adams, is excellent. I believe this is her first year teaching first grade. She taught other grades before. Our son loves her! She keeps him engaged and interested. Every day when he comes home from school he's excited about telling us something new he learned. The school does a good job staying engaged with parents through the PTO. They have man after school activities. Our son particularly likes his acting class. They recently organized a very successful, and much fun fundraiser. The kids from all grades had loads of fun. The principal, Mr. Coch, is very responsive and courteous. We emailed him before school started when we first moved to the area. He invited us to the school. He told us about the school's programs and plans, and showed us around. He then walked our son to his soon-to-be classroom, which we appreciated. All in all, our son is having a great experience at NE. We're happy with his progress socially and academically, and look forward to many more years at NE.

Navy Elementary School 2

Posted February 27, 2012
Our son attended kindergarten and first grade at Navy. His KG teacher was enthusiastic and had a lot of fun activities. However, he did not learn how to read or write any better than he could when he started. His first grade teacher was an inflexible disciplinarian and my son began to hate school and act out. The administration was unresponsive to our concerns.

Posted August 18, 2011
Navy is a wonderful school with opportunities for challenging and competitive academics. Ms. Hand was absolutely great. After school activities are average. Overall a great school for the kids.

Navy Elementary School 4

Posted February 28, 2011
Navy is a well-run school, but the Principal, Mrs. Hand, is leaving this summer, so who knows what it will be like in the future. It's a very structured school (meaning, there are lots of rules to follow), which is good if your child responds to structure. It's an academically challenging school and there is plenty of participation from parents. There aren't, however, a lot of after school activities.

Navy Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2010
I have 2 children at Navy and we are in our 3rd year at the school. Yes, it is on a busy street but that's the nature of the area, not the school's fault. I find there is a real sense of community at the school and families are very involved. From my experience, most teachers have been wonderful and curriculum is very good. School has been remodeled and has many of the new bells and whistles from Smartboards to Computer lab. Overall, I really have been pleased and have no real complaints other than some of the office staff which can be hit or miss depending on their mood.

Navy Elementary School

Posted April 24, 2010
It's got wonderful teachers and atmosphere! The kids feel noticed, too!

Navy Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2008
The school location is on a crowded street and staff are not so friendly. My daughter used to go there, and we didn't like the school bus. She is now in a different school. Thank god!

Navy Elementary School
3500 West Ox Rd, Fairfax, VA  22033
Last modified Navy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Navy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top