Fairfax, VA

Posted October 30, 2013
Oakview is a great school. We are a military family and they really made us feel at home and part of their community. They have a variety of programs for the kids to participate in and the teachers are attentive. They also have a great Gifted and Talented program for kids that are seeking more of a challenge. I highly recommend this school. Plus, Robinson Secondary is right across the street and they also have a great reputation if you are looking at middle and high schools as well.

Posted May 23, 2011
Absolutely wonderful! My daughter has been going here since kindergarten and is now in 4th grade. My son starts kindergarten this fall and I have no worries at all because I know how wonderful all the staff is, how helpful, supportive and attentive they are to the needs of each and every student. Love oak view....could not have gotten a better school.

Posted October 13, 2010
Oak View is an exceptional school from the front office, to teachers and aides, to the children and their parents. We are not just a school-we are a community that works to build strong students and eventually strong citizens. Vote Oak View to help us provide more services to our children. Oak View Eagles Soar!

Posted November 01, 2009
Awsome Principle and teachers! We love you, Oakview!!!

Oak View Elementary School 0

Posted December 15, 2008
Oak View is great! The 3rd grade team is outstanding.

Posted September 27, 2008

Posted June 08, 2008
I was surprised to see that Oak View received an 8, and our old elementary school, Fox Mill, received a 9. Fox Mill was a great school, but after a year and a half at Oak View I can't overstate how impressed I am with the dedication, concern, and professionalism of the staff here. There is a spirit of optomism and cooperation that permeates everything. With 4 kids, in a year and a half we have experienced 6th, 2nd, and 3rd grade, plus afternoon kindergarten and it has all been great. My two youngest have some minor speech problems that have been handled wonderfully. I really love this school!

Posted February 14, 2008
Superb school! Caring teachers and staff with a community focus. As a military family our children were the 'new kids,' but were made to feel at home from their first day in class. Teaching was excellent. Our children graduated from Oakview, and stayed in touch with their teachers for years. Building was recently upgraded.

Posted April 29, 2006
Love, Love, Love Oak View!The entire staff from Administrators, to Office Staff, to Teachers, to Specialists to Housekeeping is extremely helpful and pleasant to work with. Parents are welcome to help with many programs at school as well as attend assemblies. Teachers are top notch! The building itself is in great shape, with a new climbing wall in the gym. The PTA is extremely active, raising lots of money to benefit the students. In the 3 years we've been here, the PTA funds raised have gone toward a new playground, track, musical instruments and technology (Goal: Smart Boards in every classroom). There are specialists to help with everything - LD, Reading, ESOL - you name it, they have it. Wonderful school, wonderful people!

Posted January 07, 2004
I really love the teachers and staff at Oakview Elementary School. Everyone is very helpful and attentive to every child's needs. For instance, My family and I recently relocated to Virginia from Florida, Upon arriving we quickly discovered that we were not prepared for the frigid weather. My daughters desperately needed heavier coates, gloves, scarfs...etc. My daughter's teacher Mr. Marsh took the initiative to go out and purchase the necessary items for my daughter to be able to go to school comfortably. Well this made a great impact on my daughter as well as myself... And I just wanted to bring that to your attention. Thanks Mr. Marsh and Oakview Elementary School for helping us in our time of need.

Oak View Elementary School
5004 Sideburn Rd, Fairfax, VA  22032
Last modified Oak View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top