Posted March 22, 2014
One of the best schools in the area, not only because of the astonishing education level, students grads and awesome teachers, but for the ability to creat the feel of belonging to the kids, the team work and the family environment ..

Robinson Secondary 4

Posted January 07, 2014
I have two children attending Robinson. Like many other posters, I am from outside the area and researched schools thoroughly before choosing Robinson. The size scared me, as well, but the fact that they had the IB program swayed me. I find the admin and other students to be very helpful and friendly. For my children, it was an easy transition. We had been living abroad and they hadn't attended an American school before. They were nervous, but thanks to the make up of their fellow students, they were welcomed. They did not feel like freaks with their eclectic background. The only downside has been the quality of the teaching. Perhaps we were spoiled. My children have teachers that are ok, but none are really stellar. They are not as invested in the success of their students and in a few cases, I don't believe they really know their students at all.

Posted October 14, 2013
A private school education at a public school price! Our son class of 2013 did all 4 years at Robinson SS. What an awesome experience. Lots of military kids too. Be wary of the IB program...it is NOT well recognized by out-fo-state colleges. the IB program is great for the college resume; but only 1 of my son's IB classes actually transferred as college credit. If you want college credit...stick with the AP classes.

Posted October 11, 2013
We are from west coast. My children felt in love with Robinson SS right after two weeks attending. Excellent support staffs, Teacher quality, and Principal leadership. Student's sport spirits are extremely high in Robinson under wonderful leadership of Coaches. IB program is excellent. We are so happy making a right move...

Posted July 04, 2013
Robinson Secondary School has excellent teachers who really care about their students' well-being. I have had two sons graduate from Robinson and our third son is starting there in Fall, 2013. The IB program is excellent but very demanding. My two graduates took several IB courses but opted for the Advanced Diploma. Both won academic merit scholarships to colleges.

Posted November 21, 2012
Overall, excellent school. Except for the "elite" Fairfax County schools, and some wealthy suburban areas around the US, would be very hard to get a comparable education elsewhere.

Posted May 29, 2012
We are a military family with our move to Fairfax being our ninth. I researched many schools and found Robinson to be the best fit. To be honest, the size scared me, but the school is set up like a bunch of mini schools. Middle schoolers are kept separate from high schoolers. The principal, administration and staff work together to run a tight ship. The principal has an open door policy not only to parents but to students as well. Bullying is dealt with harshly. Most importantly, Robinson offers AP and IB courses. My son has taken several IB courses which are very rigorous and require college-level work. They will definitely prove their worth when he starts college this fall. Robinson's teachers are the cream of the crop. Many teachers apply for jobs and only the best are hired. I know of two teachers who have doctorates one of which is from Yale. In addition, there are a lot of athletics, clubs and programs for students to be become involved. Robinson was recently ranked number 88 of the top 100 schools in the U.S. On the down side, athletics are very competitive. If you have a baseball or football player. You may want to look at smaller schools.

Posted April 29, 2012
Robinson has one of the only full IB diploma programs in the county. The quality of academics is outstanding. The drama department is first rate winning best musical at the Cappies in 2009 for the Metro DC area. It has all the opportunities of a large school, but is divided into subschools to create small learning communities.

Posted July 07, 2011
Both our kids attended and graduated from Robinson. We were very impressed with the involvement of the administration in the day to day lives of the students, and how every activity seems to be supported from the top down. My kids were heavily involved with drama and music, and we were impressed with the quality of the instruction and direction in those departments. You don't have to be academically gifted or athletically talented to have a great high school experience here.

Robinson Secondary 2

Posted May 16, 2011
I am a Robinson Alumni who had a child attend Robinson for 2 years. I was so extremely disappointed in the way the administration handles situations at the school. They have a very severe bullying problem at the school that no one can seem to get a handle on. I have since moved my child to another school where they are very happy and have no problems

Robinson Secondary
5035 Sideburn Rd, Fairfax, VA  22032
Last modified Robinson Secondary is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robinson Secondary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top