Bad
Good

My daughter joined Robinson Secondary in the academic year 2015. It's been a great journey so far! I must comment on how friendly and caring the office staffs are! My daughter loves all her teachers who are always ready to lend helping hands. Mr.Woods is making a difference in teaching math to his students. "He is awesome and I never had a math teacher who makes math seems easier," are the words of my daughter. :) May God Bless this school and help it to serve the students in gaining knowledge and wisdom, always!!! Thank you, All Robinson Staffs !!! A well-wisher and a happy mommy

2nd year at Glebe and quite pleased with the staff and the Principal (kind & responsive). Don't love how fast the children are expected to eat lunch and that their teachers don't go with them to supervise or help. I think this is a county-wide occurrence though. LOVE that the gym teachers (and one other woman) greet the children at the door every morning, rain or shine. Very friendly school all around with an active PTA and lots of generous parents.

One of the best schools in the area, not only because of the astonishing education level, students grads and awesome teachers, but for the ability to creat the feel of belonging to the kids, the team work and the family environment ..

I have two children attending Robinson. Like many other posters, I am from outside the area and researched schools thoroughly before choosing Robinson. The size scared me, as well, but the fact that they had the IB program swayed me. I find the admin and other students to be very helpful and friendly. For my children, it was an easy transition. We had been living abroad and they hadn't attended an American school before. They were nervous, but thanks to the make up of their fellow students, they were welcomed. They did not feel like freaks with their eclectic background. The only downside has been the quality of the teaching. Perhaps we were spoiled. My children have teachers that are ok, but none are really stellar. They are not as invested in the success of their students and in a few cases, I don't believe they really know their students at all.

A private school education at a public school price! Our son class of 2013 did all 4 years at Robinson SS. What an awesome experience. Lots of military kids too. Be wary of the IB program...it is NOT well recognized by out-fo-state colleges. the IB program is great for the college resume; but only 1 of my son's IB classes actually transferred as college credit. If you want college credit...stick with the AP classes.

We are from west coast. My children felt in love with Robinson SS right after two weeks attending. Excellent support staffs, Teacher quality, and Principal leadership. Student's sport spirits are extremely high in Robinson under wonderful leadership of Coaches. IB program is excellent. We are so happy making a right move...

My daughter's name is Rayna Shrestha, she is going to 8th grade. I am planning to around that area so my daughter might go to this school. She is taking all HNs classes now. Please advise!!! Thanks Heena/Raja Shrestha

Robinson Secondary School has excellent teachers who really care about their students' well-being. I have had two sons graduate from Robinson and our third son is starting there in Fall, 2013. The IB program is excellent but very demanding. My two graduates took several IB courses but opted for the Advanced Diploma. Both won academic merit scholarships to colleges.

Overall, excellent school. Except for the "elite" Fairfax County schools, and some wealthy suburban areas around the US, would be very hard to get a comparable education elsewhere.

We are a military family with our move to Fairfax being our ninth. I researched many schools and found Robinson to be the best fit. To be honest, the size scared me, but the school is set up like a bunch of mini schools. Middle schoolers are kept separate from high schoolers. The principal, administration and staff work together to run a tight ship. The principal has an open door policy not only to parents but to students as well. Bullying is dealt with harshly. Most importantly, Robinson offers AP and IB courses. My son has taken several IB courses which are very rigorous and require college-level work. They will definitely prove their worth when he starts college this fall. Robinson's teachers are the cream of the crop. Many teachers apply for jobs and only the best are hired. I know of two teachers who have doctorates one of which is from Yale. In addition, there are a lot of athletics, clubs and programs for students to be become involved. Robinson was recently ranked number 88 of the top 100 schools in the U.S. On the down side, athletics are very competitive. If you have a baseball or football player. You may want to look at smaller schools.

Last modified Robinson Secondary is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.